PDA

View Full Version : Peace and Understanding

Peacemaker
02-13-07, 01:06 PM
Greetings friends.

I'm working on a profile to submit right now, and I'm hoping to make it fairly good. Hopefully I'll get a chance to write with all of you some day. Any suggestions of how to make my profile extra excellen are very welcome. Thanks to all.

Peace :)

Lucien
02-13-07, 01:07 PM
Why does your avatar remind me of Hair?

Oh, and welcome.

Peacemaker
02-13-07, 01:09 PM
My avatar reminds you of Hair because that's what it's from brother.

Thank you very much for the welcome.

hamnat
02-13-07, 01:32 PM
Welcome to Althanas. Enjoy your stay here.

Please make sure to avoid the cookies, or you will wake up the next morning with a collar around your neck as a slave of Witchblade. Also, stay away from the redheads, or you will be avenged upon by Letho. But he's a creampuff, so no worries.(^_^)

Make sure to check out the Roleplayer's Corner for tips and tricks on effective RP'ing. Also, if your character utilizes magic, or you have an interest in the subject of mysticism, feel free to check out the Mystic Theory 101 thread. I promise you, it isn't a college lecture on mythology or paranormal phenomena. More like a discussion thread(^_^).

If you find yourself wanting for a special custom avatar representing your character, head on over to the Creative Endeavors forum.

Other than that, there's not much to say. I look forward to possibly RP'ing with you. Happy peacemaking, fellow pascifist!

AdventWings
02-13-07, 02:21 PM
"Fellow Pacifist" are you, Hamnat? ;)

Either way, welcome! We look forward to seeing your adventures here unfold in ways even you will find surprising. And if you have any questions not listed in the FAQ or the forums at present, a quick PM to the moderators is only a click away. :)

Oh, yes! May I ask the method in which you found Althanas?

Peacemaker
02-13-07, 02:49 PM
Well, hamnat, I may have difficulty avoiding the cookies if I get the munchies.

Thank you both for welcoming me. I was linked to the site by a friend who apparently used to be a member here. I can't remember what he said his character's name was... I'll have to ask him later. I believe it was some guy with a sword :D

Elrundir
02-13-07, 02:51 PM
You have effective described half the characters on Althanas. "Some guy who used magic" would nab the other half, and actually, a few of those from the first half as well. Out of the male population anyway. ;)

At any rate, welcome to Althanas. I hope you don't like cookies.

Karuka
02-13-07, 02:54 PM
If you eat the cookies, you can get out of it by flushing the toxin from your system with a healing magig, and then make sure you won't be taken with a cool accent.

"It" being slavery.

The method above worked for me.

hamnat
02-13-07, 02:57 PM
Said healing magic is actually an antidote I brewed after I gave up the ways of taking slaves to help counter-act the effects of Witchy's poisons. It helps to be an alchemist.(^_^)

Peacemaker
02-13-07, 04:30 PM
You have effectively described half the characters on Althanas.

Ah, master Elrundir, you have detected the root of my jest. Felicitations brother.

Atzar
02-13-07, 04:34 PM
Welcome to Althanas, Peace. Enjoy your stay. It's a fun place.

Witchblade
02-14-07, 07:31 AM
Welcome to Althanas! Please keep your arms and legs inside the forum at all times or they may be removed by rabid, zombified characters. Do not feed the following people; Elrundir, Cyrus the virus, Lucien, Santhalas, Dissinger, Slayer of the Rot, Atzar Kellon and grim137 for they may become dependant on you afterwards and are hard to get rid of. Any screams you may now be experiencing are the sounds of dying characters. Do not be alarmed for they shall be revived in new and inventive ways the following thread. Have a nice day. ^^

Cookie?

*offers you a plate of cookies, which is good! But some of them are poisoned, which is bad*

Reiko
02-14-07, 08:15 AM
hihi and welcome

Interesting character idea, a fighter for peace, must be a hard job in a world where people go to war because they're jealous of the other countries war^^

Still I'm sure it's probably going to be fun and unique, I can't wait to see some of your stuff.

Raelyse
02-14-07, 08:35 AM
Fighting for Peace is like fucking for virginity. Who ever said that?

Peacemaker
02-14-07, 09:02 AM
Who said anything about fighting for peace? I'm not going to fight anyone.

Is there anywhere I can find a list of native plants or herbs of Althanas?

Reiko
02-14-07, 09:19 AM
well Fallien seems to be the only place with herb lore, mostly poisons.

AdventWings
02-14-07, 09:48 AM
Much of Althanas' own plants are very similar to Earth flora, with respect to location and properties. There are other uniqie plants, such as those found in Fallien and the ones listed in the Bazaar Material Description. For any other plants, you make them up as the writer of your stories. :D

Peacemaker
02-15-07, 10:19 AM
I'm glad to hear that Althanas has many of the same plants as Earth. Anyone guess why?

Raelyse
02-15-07, 10:21 AM
Because the writers are too lazy... ;-)

AdventWings
02-15-07, 06:07 PM
And coming up with an entire series of unique flora is a gruesome task that will have taxonomists in a twist. It will also warrant an entire array of unique fictional creatures that are of the writers' own creation and attributes that would be uncommon on Earth. Of course, ideas are not really unlimited and many of us are limited by our own experiences. Implanting similar flora and fauna patterns into an imaginary plane of existence is quite easier than making your own Kingdoms of Organic Lifeforms. :p