PDA

View Full Version : Regarding unfinished tournament battles.

Zook Murnig
02-15-07, 05:46 PM
I would like an honest mod/admin opinion and ruling on this. Any non-staff comments are welcome, however.

If a battle in a tournament is not finished in the time allotted, can it be continued outside of the tournament for any reason?

For example, right now I have a decision to make between the battle with Atzar finishing in time with a lame ending, and it not but there being the possibility of finishing outside the tourney with the planned ending. Is the second option viable?

Reiko
02-15-07, 05:54 PM
yeah I don't see a reason not to do it. just don't expect the continuation to have any bearing on the tourney's outcome.

AdventWings
02-15-07, 06:00 PM
As a member of the moderator staff, I will not allow the finishing of this type of battle thread beyond the alloted time. :(

For tournament battles, the schedules must be kept to the second or else a lot of things will be affected in the latter days and weeks to come.

You can continue the story of the battle outside the tournament, though, so long as you alude to it during the beginning of the quest/battle you create apart from the official tournament battle thread. That can be continued at your own leisurely pace, whenever and wherever you want. The official tournament threads will close on time no matter what and any subsequent consequences should be played out in a separate thread.

Believe me, I learned that the hard way. I told you, Murakama! You can't get a post in 2 minutes late!

Zook Murnig
02-15-07, 06:07 PM
1. I didn't expect it to have any effect on the tournament.

2. I was pretty sure I made it clear that it would be outside of the tournament as a continuation of the story/battle.

Neither of those were meant to sound mean, but I suppose they might have come out that way. Anyway, I guess the continuation would be judged separately from the tournament portion, as a Part II of sorts.

Atzar
02-15-07, 06:10 PM
No, but it did sound like you wanted it to take place in the same thread. That's what Advent is saying isn't allowed.

Zook Murnig
02-15-07, 06:12 PM
No, I understand that the same thread could not be used. I was thinking of a Part II, if you agreed to it.

AdventWings
02-15-07, 06:14 PM
Well, I thought you said what Atzar said that you said... :p

Since that's cleared up, yeah. Go ahead, since many of us already have rivalries and friendships forged during tourneys and have it carried over to the rest of the IC world. :)