PDA

View Full Version : Have a Listen, tell me what you think.

Of Free Will
02-17-07, 06:23 AM
Band Site (myspace.com/shesatlizzys)

This is my band's website. Right now we're just lookin' to get noticed and as far as that goes, it's workin out pretty well. She's At Lizzy's is a name pretty well known round my home town these days, and Gainesville's a pretty big town, so that;s sayin somethin.

In the few months that we've been playing shows we've attracted mroe attention then some bands who have been at this for years. Our best stuff isn't on the site cuz we haven't been able to record it yet, but the site get's the message accross.

As of right now we're an acoustic band, but we're tryin' to break out of that. We know a few really good drummers who are also good friends, unfortunately their loyalties lie with other bands.

Anyway, I'm starting to rant, so please, just check out the site, and gimme some constructive critiscism.

Cyrus the virus
02-17-07, 07:21 AM
Guitar seems similar in some of the songs and I feel the singing doesn't sit well with some parts, but the music isn't bad. I wouldn't say it's not my thing, but it's something I'd listen to if the singing style was different.

So I say it's okay. Thanks for sharing, dude!

Karuka
02-17-07, 09:46 AM
Mmm. Pretty.

Send me a CD. Send me a CD NOW.

Although, the songs do all sound almost the same. The two bar motif with the first having quarter notes, the second having two quarter notes and a half note.

It's still pretty. But variety is the spice of music.

Of Free Will
02-17-07, 03:55 PM
Yeah, our newer stuff is alot different, not so repetative. thanks for the input

Reiko
02-17-07, 05:25 PM
hey not bad. I'm going to say not my thing though because I prefer a rougher sound and thats mostly me. Still I think you have a good start, it's pleasant music.

Lucien
02-17-07, 06:05 PM
Okay, wow. I like the vocals, and the guitars pretty good. I mean, I thought this would be shit, and here I was, ready to make fun of it. But I can't, cause it's actually, you know, good.

However, you need drums, or a keyboard, or something besides guitar.

Your lyrics are really shallow. I'm not trying to be mean, but that 'The Good Fight' song lacked some serious deeper meaning that I look for. And if you write shallow music, that's fine. Just try to add a little wit to it, a little charm.

Again, not trying to be mean. I'm really impressed.

Osato
02-17-07, 10:04 PM
Why isn't Justin's awesome/funny song up?

I'm assuming that this is the myspace, and from that assumption, that that song isn't up.

Zook Murnig
02-17-07, 10:25 PM
I like the vocals and the guitar player has some serious skill. I'd like to hear what y'all could do outside of acoustic, but for now I think you should work on better lyrics and getting some sort of percussion. Or something to offset that emptiness in the background.

As has been said, the lyrics are pretty shallow, but I like the singing style. I know zip about writing songs, however, so I can't give any good advice or specifics.

Of Free Will
02-18-07, 01:50 AM
Yea, like I said our best stuff isn't on the site right now. In the near future we're hoping to record once again and add our many new songs to the list. Also, as a bonus we're going to record full band, in that our friends are going to lay out the drum tracks for us as a favor. Also all three of us are capable of laying out the bass riffs aswel. I'll be sure to post another thread once we get those new songs up. But it will take time and money :P

Karuka
02-18-07, 02:13 AM
Advice: Don't let all the fancy filler clog up the music itself. I like how the current stuff is elegant in its simplicity, and you might do stuff in the future for which you find it apropros to return to this style.

Of Free Will
02-18-07, 03:40 AM
Yeah with our music we're trying to bring back the happy, simple music that puts people in a good mood, if only to contrast today's more melancholy trends.

dont get me wrong, we have the occasional angry or sad song, but we like to see people in the crowd smiling and dancin' around, so thats the kind of thing we try to portray in our music. especially with our new stuff.