PDA

View Full Version : The Trek

Solomon
02-20-07, 07:45 PM
It's a little abstract. I think it's actually based on a dream I had because I remember thinking of it when I woke up this morning. Let me know what you think! Hope you like it!

It came upon the closing of my eyes. The sweet sounds faded to silence and I was left in the darkness. So warm, and so absorbing. I felt like I was still tucked away in my bed, but I could feel nothing but my robes upon my body.

There I was, before my eyes. Swifted back to the days gone by, I saw me young and newly born. I cried into the open air of the world. There was breath inside of me, and cool air all around me. People rejoyed to see me there, but I had never known that I was so percious to them. I saw my body learn and grow. I stood on my feet, and could speak and I could think. I was on my way, but where I was going I did not know.

I watched me hurt, and I watched me be healed. I heard words from my mother the first time, but they were words I remembered even unto this day. I watched me carry on, and learn all that made me who I am. I found out more about these feelings of mine. I came to terms with love, and came to understand how small the human life is compared to the history of the world.

I saw how that love transformed me, and in time I held in my arms the children who had now said goodbye. I watched as my heart ached through my eyes, and I took the hand of my wife and we named the child. I watched me watching her grow, and remembered I couldn't understand our purpose here. Not back then. When her brother was born I watched my mind grow bolder and my heart beat stonger. I was a man now, and I had to protect these gifts. I saw me become my father.

I took on tasks, and rose through the ranks. I saw all my efforts, and counted all the times I had secretly cried. Not wanting her, or my angels to see me. In the end I overcame the trials, and that was when I got the eyes I now have. The pride, the love, and the joy.

I watched me continue on, sharing my hands and offering what I could to others. I saw the times in the night where I counted the stars together with her while our little angels we out learning on their own. I had time alone with her once more. I watched my lips smile as I realized there was more to this life after it was over. No matter what, we all endured.

I saw me moving on, finding a place for me and my lady that would no longer strain our bodies climbing the stairs. I said goodbye to days that were gone, and I saw the moments of rejoying when our little angels came to vist me and her. I would look into her eyes, and an ageless comfort would sweep over me.

I saw my body trip in its stride. I watched as I rose up to my feet, only to stumble again. I saw my face growing long, and looking deeply at me, wondering if I could see me yet.

I saw me there on the hospital bed, my hand in hers and my little angels with their own little angels gathered around me. I listened as I spoke my love to them, and told them everything I had come to know about the stars and the heaven that awaited us all.

I watched as the vision faded away. The last rays of light closed me off from my life like time itself was an incredible vault. And in the darkness, where I felt warm, I smiled inside of me.

I was about to begin again.