PDA

View Full Version : Keep Yourself Alive

Godhand
04-12-06, 04:16 AM
The man ambled into the shop clad in clinically tedious black and grey. He meant to look a little bit like everyone you've ever seen. Unremarkable hat, unremarkable scarf, unremarkable gloves, unremarkable coat.

Remarkable eyes, though.

The man glided through the shop in no particular rush, slowly but surely moving towards the back where firearms and their accessories were stored. He briefly admired a polished Striker shotgun kept behind a reinforced glass case. It practically sparkled with the love of the shopkeeper who more than likely didn't know how truly devastating it could be. Godhand had once seen that same model clear a room of fifteen men in under four and a half seconds. A true masterpiece. However, that wasn't what he was after today.

He calmly sifted through silencers and laser-scopes before finding what he wanted. They were specialized speedloaders for .500 Magnum, modified to fit the five massive shells the gun needed instead of the six relatively smaller ones most revolvers consumed. Plucking out three of them he walked over to the ammo storage and removed five .500 Magnum armor piercing rounds, dexterously loading them into one of the moonclips. Afterwards he walked to the counter and placed all of his intended purchases upon it. Three moonclips and five rounds of .500 vest-busters.

"How much?"

nekoprince
04-16-06, 04:59 PM
There was something to be said for owning a gun shop, especially in the way of danger and of profit. The merchant of that particular place didn't sell much, but what he did often fed him for more than a week. It also probably helped most of the inventory in the store had either the trigger's removed and held behind the counter, or was set to explode the moment they left the shop without the merchant's will.

He smilied, taking the specific items this particular man had carried in for him. With desterious hands that knew what they were doig, he quickly removed the bullets within one of the loaders, checking it and returning it quickly to it's home. The rest he knew from memory that came from long boring shop days.

"Those particular bullets are fifty each, and each of those loaders will come to close to two hundred each."

Godhand
04-21-06, 12:31 PM
Godhand paused. He inspected each of the bullets, thoroughly examined the separate speedloaders, and once he had confirmed their quality placed them on the counter once again.

"That's a bit much."

He reached into his coat, but rather than producing his sidearm and opening fire as most derelict Althanians would, he simply removed a bandolier sporting part of his ammo.

"These are point five-hundred Magnum hollow-points for use exclusively with the largest handgun ever constructed. As I'm sure you're aware, hollow-points are more difficult to construct than regular ammo and thanks to their concave shape and higher grain count cause consistently lethal damage to nearly any living thing. This particular caliber has been used to succesfully hunt all legal game on earth including African elephant. Now we both know this is a hard business; your stuff can't possibly be flying off the shelves with the heavy taxes the Coronian government is levying on these things. So how about we get down to brass tax? You tell me how much of these bullets I have is worth, and we'll see if we can't have some sort of trade."

nekoprince
04-23-06, 09:50 PM
"And yet there seem to be enough people willing to spend triple that for the same item sir. You just look like you use these for what they were made for, and not for impressing girls," the shopkeeper said, taking one of the hollow point shells from the man. "We have a policy here, some of our bullets cost more, others less, but a normal bullet for a magnum would be roughly 30 gold. Double that for specilized bullets too, however, I'm already cutting a break for the armor peircing rounds, I'll give you 25 gold per hollowpoint shell. 8 per speedloader, and two for a vest-buster. I beive it comes out to 34 bullets, or 24 for the speedloaders."

Godhand
06-09-06, 01:12 AM
Godhand smoothly picked up the speedloaders and removed the locked-in bullets as he walked back unto the display shelves and placed everything were he had found it. Then, with great formality and utmost class, he bowed and tipped his hat respectfully to the gentleman behind the counter.

And with that, he left the shop.

(No Transaction)