PDA

View Full Version : Myspace funny pics!

The Barbarian
02-25-07, 12:39 PM
Well, figured this would go best here, since I created my "Myspace" page.

My Myspace page. AKA "The Reason I'm Going to Hell" (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=2925785)

Just a side note, if you're offended by any Jesus jokes...don't go lol. It's nothing gross or sexually explicit, but I've already gotten myspace messages about "what's your deal with Jesus?"

If you enjoy a good religious joke tho, by all means, add me as a friend and leave some love or send it through a message. All hate comments welcome too. But you've been thoroughly warned. :D

Arawn
02-25-07, 01:57 PM
You like attention, huh?

Lucien
02-25-07, 02:02 PM
If you enjoy a good religious joke tho... I sure do!

So, where is it?

Arawn
02-25-07, 02:11 PM
I sure do!

So, where is it?

Well stated. It just seems to be filled with Jesus in every uncharacteristic form you could find. No one pic is particularly hilarious at all, just Jesus-oriented. I don't like religious jokes for the sake of making fun of someone's belief, I like them if/when they're witty and awesome (or even slightly geeky in some esoteric manner).

Example (http://www.pegasuspublishing.com/xcart/files/pics/gam/d_8175.jpg)

Kudos on the Hellsing background though, Barb.

Osato
02-25-07, 06:42 PM
Lmao, that was a good one Arawn. I want that.

And, about the myspace, it seems like you did only do that for attention. None of them were really that funny... -shrug-

Artifex Felicis
02-25-07, 06:55 PM
JEsus was also a Ninja (http://www.hookiedookiepanic.com/comic.php?ID=2)

Still some funny stuff up there too.

Uukan Kimari
02-25-07, 08:18 PM
I have to agree with Tyler(Arawn, whatever your name is, since I am bad with names) here. None of your images were funny.

The Barbarian
02-25-07, 10:23 PM
I have to agree with Tyler(Arawn, whatever your name is, since I am bad with names) here. None of your images were funny.

Uukan, I've always hated you when I was Sword-for-Hire and I still hate you now. Your opinion has no relevance here.

Arawn, although I respect your opinion, this is a classic example of you liking attention by trying to be the "bigger man" by defending religion. That link you posted as "hilarious" or to be "witty" I actually came across....and didn't find very amusing. It was more of a, "Eh. I get it."

But, I don't knock you for not liking it. It's your choice to hate it. I knew Uukan would be a douchebag about it, shame he had to wait for someone with more intelligence to post first so he could piggy back your arguement.

So don't go try and gain respect by being a "Jesus Defender" and then posting that link. It's simply ridiculous.

Edit: Oh and Art, nice comic. I always knew he was. :cool:

Arawn
02-25-07, 10:50 PM
I think you're the only person who would call me a Jesus Defender or accuse me of trying to be the bigger man after what I said.

I was making a point regarding the difference between jokes for shock value and jokes for comedic value. Since you didn't get it, I'll say it again differently.

To me, personally, your MySpace profile seems filled with Jesus jokes for the sake of being Jesus jokes, as apposed to any sense of humor generally agreed upon as 'funny'. I don't hold Jesus sacred myself, but I get no rush from telling or hearing a joke people find insulting because people find it insulting.

And just in case you feel like accusing me of being a Jesus Defender again: "Jesus sucks."

Uukan Kimari
02-25-07, 11:50 PM
Uukan, I've always hated you when I was Sword-for-Hire and I still hate you now. Your opinion has no relevance here.

Wow, that almost sounded racist. So my opinion doesn't count because I am me. I am SHOCKED.

Atzar
02-26-07, 12:03 AM
Try to keep the flaming to a minimum here, ok? And by 'minimum' I mean 'none.' The personal quarrel between you two has no place on the forum.

As for the topic at hand, I agree with the general opinion. Many of the pictures seem to be somewhat dim, created only to incite a riot. I only thought the swim-meet was particularly funny. I'm not a Jesus Defender, either, but being controversial isn't the same as being humorous.

Uukan Kimari
02-26-07, 12:09 AM
It might of been shocking, if I was christian or something. The only image I thought was remotely funny was the defender one, and Arawn's D&D one rocked that one out of the water.

I was flaming him? I just pointed out the obvious.

Atzar
02-26-07, 12:12 AM
No, you were trying to escalate the situation. I'm not talking to you in particular, I'm talking to both of you: keep personal vendettas out of here.

The Barbarian
02-26-07, 01:59 AM
*shrugs*

Maybe I should've thought about what Althanas has turned into before posting this here.

Oh well, you guys feel free to hate the pics. They're intended to get a laugh. Not make someone feel like their religion is being crapped on.

You're quite literally taking this "shock value" thing way out of proportion. Shock value would be posting the picture I found of a shot of Jesus on the cross from the movie "The Passion of the Christ" by Mel Gibsion. He's bloody, dying and a caption says, "Not going anywhere for a while?" and then in the other corner, "Snickers".

I personally thought it was hilarous and so did quite a number of other people. However, seeing as "The Lord sees all, but can he see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?" or "brb", "lol" is such a shock value, I'm sure the "Snickers" one would just make the site crash with all the flaming.

I said hate was welcome, so feel free to repeat what you think is right I guess. Everyone has their right, huh?

I'll just keep laughing with the tremendous number of other people.

Sok
02-26-07, 02:05 AM
I honestly don't think anyone here is terribly shocked or offended by it, I'm even christian and I'm not.

They're just stupid. (By that I don't mean to insult you, it's just not exactly a high-brow form of humor, or even quality low brow.)

The Barbarian
02-26-07, 02:31 AM
They're just stupid.

Holy freakin' crap. Someone give this kid a medal.

Thank you. That's all the pictures are. Nothing amazingly funny and nothing amazingly lame.

They weren't created by some political cartoonist who works for the Washington Post. Made by some other regular Joe Blows with spare time on their hands.

Thanks Sok. Glad to see someone got it.

Dissinger
02-26-07, 02:54 AM
Hey, I think this is getting off on the wrong foot. you and I both know Rueben that Tyler will say things and put them bluntly. That's just the way he is. As for Uukan, just lay off, its not worth getting warned over man.

I thought some of them were funny, but I guess thats because we've always made fun of our religion. Lets just try not to troll this place up, last thing we need is Serilliant jumping in and throwing around Warnings because words got too heated.

Uukan Kimari
02-26-07, 03:16 AM
Why am I getting the third degree? I wasn't even the one that started it.

Dissinger
02-26-07, 03:18 AM
If you feel that way thats your deal. I'm merely saying if he feels so negatively towards you to just layoff, its not worth getting warned over to snap at you.

Uukan Kimari
02-26-07, 03:32 AM
At most you can I goaded him, but I meant that in a sarcastic manner. I am surprized niether of you consider his words flaming and yet warm me multiple times because I pointed it out.

Mage Hunter
02-26-07, 03:35 AM
Maybe you don't understand who that comment was directed at Uukan, but I AM telling Rueben to calm down. I didn't once yell at you. I understand you're edgy because of what he said, but calm yourself down.

Arawn
02-26-07, 05:39 AM
Grim, I never meant that ANYTHING you have was actually shocking. You need to infer the meaning of my words before assuming you get what I'm saying and ranting about it again. Pat's right, I have a tendency to be blunt, but that really didn't seem to stop you from not getting it anyway. I give up on continuing here.

If you're still confused about my stance, contact me by other means. You're smart, you can find them.

Uukan and Diss, keep small messages directed at individuals in PMs. You're both intelligent and veteran enough to know better than to incite discord by having a 1-on-1 argument back and forth in a thread. That's how every single publicized argument gets started here, because people soon see fit to give their opinions on the matter and all hell breaks loose.

That goes for everyone else too. I was trying to give my opinion in the coldest, least insulting manner I could find, but that seems to have gone awry. Please, do NOT persecute anyone any further, regardless of the side you're taking.

Cyrus the virus
02-26-07, 11:00 AM
So Uukan and Sword don't get along. Cool. Uukan and I haven't always gotten along, and that's spilled to the surface a few times. Made a mistake, moved on. Let's do that now, alright? Seems like everything that's needed to be said has been, so we can be productive now.

I'm not a huge fan of Jesus jokes, but one or two made me chuckle. More interesting is that Myspace sucks compared to Facebook :p

The Barbarian
02-27-07, 01:30 AM
Face book? Ugh. I don't find it very user friendly. It seems...over the top to me. I'm not sure I want to know the last time one of my friend's scracthed their noses, lol.

Arawn
02-27-07, 06:45 AM
I hate both. I have both.

*sigh*

I'm not the kind of person who likes to see every new pic my friends have or message them back and forth in playful comment banter. I usually call people up when I want to hang with them and leave it at that.

Old school, boy!

Cyrus the virus
02-27-07, 12:25 PM
The thing I love about facebook is that I've found people from elementary school and my first high school. These are people I was dicky to at best :p Tomorrow night we're having an elementary reunion at a bar and we're all going to catch up. Facebook is great because of events, I think :D I'm excited!

Myspace is still good, though. Only because I can put Sultans of Swing on my page.

Noir
03-05-07, 05:09 AM
I think you were asking for trouble when you made it, but I giggled at the "brb, lol" one. Don't know why, but I found it mildly amusing.

None So Blind
03-05-07, 10:50 PM
Dragonforce!!!!

I think the only really thing I found funny about that is the music on there, considering it came the day after I saw the following video:

On cold winter moooornniiing! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=oii1EF7DnFM)

XD He may fall all over himself, but damn that's nice hair.