PDA

View Full Version : I must quit

Karuka
02-26-07, 12:45 PM
Althanas is internet crack.

Crack is bad.

I've been losing sleep and not doing homework because of this site, so I need to step back.

For two days.

I have nine posts due of me, those will be done tonight, and I'm taking off Tues and Wed, and will be back on Thursday.

I expect to need to do about a million posts then, so those of you thinking you're getting a vacation from me are DEAD WRONG!

Seriously.

If you can't live without me (which, y'know...I seriously doubt), hit me up on IM probably after 7 EST, and we'll work something out. But Tues and Wed...I won't be on Alth, and I won't be on AIM.

Just letting you know, if anyone cares.

Zook Murnig
02-26-07, 12:48 PM
NOOOOO!!!

*tackles the Karuka*

Wait...I still have your cell phone number...

*lets go*

You'll still be missed around here.

hamnat
02-26-07, 01:08 PM
Lucky Zook...has another method of contact, he does...

Well, adios, Karuka Eithne Tida! Come back as soon as you feel it prudent...or not at all if that be the case. I'll miss playing PM-tag with you over the next two days, but I'll manage otherwise. :P

Suucnaros iidechi toma, anata-Karuka.(^_^)

Koran
02-26-07, 01:29 PM
Ummmm...bye?

gl aye

Arawn
02-26-07, 01:48 PM
Let me get this straight...

You're announcing a TWO DAY absence from the forum? Expected activity from members seems to have risen a ton since I started.

Good luck with those 48 hours. Hope you get back on track, though I'd suggest a full week if you really want to get organized. Work/school before pleasure and all that.

Karuka
02-26-07, 01:58 PM
People who know me know I'm normally online and on Alth all the time save for a few hours for classes and sleep and that's it.

Two days is like a month, internet time!

And vanishing without a trace isn't fun.

Koran
02-26-07, 02:05 PM
Yes it is, especially when you do it for months at a time!

Arawn
02-26-07, 02:09 PM
I hate to be "that guy" here, but I have to say I don't think that can be all too healthy for you, physically or psychologically. I know it sounds lame as hell, but I'm being completely serious.

Sedentary lifestyles are shit. You should try weaning off the forum a bit if you feel it's come to occupy more of your time than is convenient for your responsibilities and personal duties.

Karuka
02-26-07, 02:11 PM
That's what I'm doing with this little mini vacation...

Cyrus the virus
02-26-07, 02:12 PM
Arawn should stop lying. He loves to be "that guy". What a bastard.

Enjoy your break, lady, and come back more energized than ever!

Darkness Impulse
02-26-07, 03:16 PM
I took an unexpected break, a two month one at that. After Christmas my activity nearly dropped to none. But now I am back. I didn't leave because things got all out of hand in my life, I just felt like it. Lord knows nothing can help or hinder me from my already-bad school record. Ya see, I don't do my school work that often...

Intelligent but lazy, as I always say!

Dissinger
02-26-07, 04:04 PM
Take your break, not like I didn't make you wait a couple of days for my post. Get yourself in order, I know how hard it can be to want to do otherthings but you default to something.

Just keep your head down and you'll do fine..

AdventWings
02-26-07, 07:53 PM
Hey. At least you realized that sooner than I did, Nya~ :p

Have a good break and rest up while you're at it. Althanas is so close to crack-addiction, it's hard to finally break free. But you need not feel obligated to stay on all the time. :)

And... Yah. School>Health>Althanas... Hmm, I can't remember who told me that...

Karuka
02-26-07, 07:57 PM
I LIKE my webcrack, though, Raven. :(

And normally I can get everything done. This past weekend was just insano crazy and sleep has been crap lately, so I just need to balance out a little and then return. It's a nice rhythm.

About 97% of the time.

And Diss, I WILL be posting in our thread tonight. I will. For I write the posts fast.

Especially with that little talkative thing you're stuck on a boat with.

Artifex Felicis
02-26-07, 08:07 PM
Damn, hope you'll be back as soon as possible Karuka. I still have to start up a quest with you sometime. Now get working, real life crap must be kept at bay for the safety of althanas!

Dissinger
02-26-07, 08:27 PM
And Diss, I WILL be posting in our thread tonight. I will. For I write the posts fast.

Especially with that little talkative thing you're stuck on a boat with.

Oh god damnit, you're going to make him regret offering the help >.> <.<

Its okay, he needs a bit of extroversion now and then...never killed him, yet.

Seraphima
02-26-07, 08:34 PM
Don't worry! He'll be happy, because I have a plan to cure sea sickness!

Cielalune
02-27-07, 10:53 AM
:c Internet, tis the reason of my anemia.

Anyways! I hope you come back soon Karu!! I still want to RP with ya!!

Karuka
03-14-07, 04:35 PM
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.........just figured I'd revive this thing.

Next week (starting Saturday) my activity will be spotty at best.

The reasons for this are as follows: 1 midterm and 1 paper due Monday. 1 paper due Tuesday. 1 paper and a midterm Wed. A midterm Thurs. Then a test on Friday, and after class I go home for Spring break.

Then during Spring Break, I get my wisdom teeth pulled. So I'll probably be spotty before that to fret and spazz (I've never had surgery before, so I'm kinda sorta maybe a little bit terrified), and then return so that Althanas can laugh at me on drugs.

After that I'll be on Vicodan, so we'll see how that goes.

hamnat
03-14-07, 04:47 PM
I've had numerous surgeries in my life...tooth extraction(not wisdom teeth...I'm keepin them :P), bilateral cleft-lip correction, bone grapht, etc. I know from experience that surgery is nothing to fear unless you are in a life-threatening situation. So no sweat, ok? :)

Artifex Felicis
03-14-07, 05:42 PM
I always just compare it have having a lung transplant. You'll be fine, though you're going to want to kill a couple things to get your mind off of the pain from wisdom teeth being removed if what I hear is true. Still, do well in school, we can't have you killing yourself and not coming anymore. We'd miss you.

AdventWings
03-21-07, 06:22 AM
Removing the Wisdom teeth... Oh, yeahh...

Y'know, I should bring back that little comic about how I had mine removed... Except that in the comic, it was Yamihara who took the operation.

Yamihara: *Whimpers* Why did you have to do that~?!

Ginx
03-21-07, 08:34 AM
yeah wisdom teeth removal is not fun but it's not too bad. Though being loopy and on medication is even less fun but you'll survive, I survived.

Karuka
03-26-07, 10:39 AM
I cannot feel my face. I want to curl up and sleep. But I can't until the bleeding stops.