PDA

View Full Version : A minor update to A'rei.

Massacre
03-03-07, 04:04 PM
-Name: A'rei Ngoyu (Pronounced "Ah-Rai No-you")
-Race: Human
-Hair Color: Blonde
-Eye Color: Green
-Height: 5'7"
-Weight: 142 pounds
-Occupation: Former slave (forced prostitution), now has no occupation.
-Handedness: Right for swordplay, usually has her left shoulder facing "forward"

-Personality:
Formerly outgoing and optimistic, A'rei has lost such beautiful traits and become more wary of the world. Usually respectful but emotionless to strangers, she rarely becomes familiar enough with anyone to open up and become emotional with said individual. When required to she will act in a variety of different manners and can be very persuasive at times.
Occasionally A’rei will feel a strange urge to connect with a specific stranger. This could be due to her removal from civilized life for such an extended period or perhaps it is people who remind her of the man who trained her.
In battle she becomes cold and often attempts to tire opponents out by continually evading their attempts until they become fatigued and then she moves in for the killing blow, usually the neck or heart.

-History:
A'rei, as the child of a farmer, had a surprisingly optimistic view about everything. Her father spoke of gloom and doom due to his tough luck throughout his own life. His father before him had beaten him after coming home drunk from the pub in town, once grown up the only way he knew to punish his own daughter was a good beating. Hence, A'rei was beaten when a deed was not performed to his satisfaction. One incident was particularly horrible. Her father had come home after being at the local brothel and took it upon himself to teach A’rei why to be thankful they had money. She clenched onto his legs, begging him not to beat her like so many times before. However, the man had too much liquor in his body to care what she said. His iron fists came crashing down into her face, leaving large bruises. After beating A’rei he took this opportunity to get his weekly dose of sex. Usually he hired a prostitute but he had been short this week and took his daughter’s virginity instead. A’rei does not speak of her mother since her death at the hands of her father. The 15 year-old took it upon herself to get out of the situation and ran away to the local market. There she was caught by slave traders and forced into prostitution.
After two years her "debt" to them was repaid through the money she received performing numerous acts of "love." During the forced "profession" choice she had learned from a client, the basics of fighting. The man was in the business of liberating prisoners and slaves and told her when the time was right she would need the basic fighting skills he taught her over the course of seven nights which had been paid handsomely for.
By now, A'rei had lost the optimism she once possessed as a child and was now wary of the world. She set out on her own and used the little profit gained as a slave to buy the basic equipment she now possesses.

-Appearance:
A'rei is a blond with beauty to rival that of the Elves. She has average height for a human female and has a submissive presence although the reality is quite the opposite, making people, mostly men, feel the need to try and make her "listen." A'rei has a light tan and soft, smooth skin from her days as a forced prostitute. She has soft features excluding a sharp chin, which accents the rest of her face well. She was chosen for a life of prostitution because of her fragile looking but muscular figure as well as large breasts. A'rei's muscles are well developed from her days under the command of her abusive farmer father and she has surprisingly few scars from such a history.

-Skills:
~General Skills:
-A'rei is above average at swordsmanship and uses eloquent, fluid motions to catch her opponent off-guard.
~Specific Skills:
-A'rei has been taught to use a swordplay technique called a feint effectively. Switching her weapon from hand to hand, pretending to slice somewhere, switching and striking another, leaving the opponent baffled.
-A'rei is very well versed in the art of persuasion. She is unnaturally good at convincing people to do things they wouldn't normally do or getting a better price for bread at the market. Partly due to her beauty.

-Equipment:
-Headgear: None.
-Chest: Leather cuirass, very flexible for quick, fluid movements.
-Shoulders: A leather pauldron on her left shoulder.
-Forearms/Hands: Leather gloves, which allow for the ability to switch sword hands faster. They have been cut on top at each knuckle to allow more agility when gripping onto her weapon.
-Thighs: Light cloth pants, which allow her to move in and out of the range of her opponents quickly and effectively. They are a light cream color meant to give A’rei a gentle appearance.
-Feet: Leather high boots (Cover the feet and extend to slightly above the knees.)
-Additional: A tattered navy blue cloak with a large hood to conceal her face in necessary. The back drags lightly across the ground because it’s a big too big as it was given to her by the man who trained her.
-Primary Weapon: A steel longsword.
-Secondary Weapon: A small iron dagger.

-Footnotes:
Omitted “very” from A’rei’s feint ability.
I'm Austrian so I'm sorry if I made any grammar errors or spelling errors.

Letho
03-03-07, 04:23 PM
You shouldn't feel obliged to apologize for the mistakes you make. We all make them. Hell, I'm from Croatia. If I apologized for every mistake I made ever since I got here, I would've wound up writing more apology notes then actual IC posts. :)

With that said, I can see nothing wrong with this. Though, keep in mind that mid-level updates are generally intended for some major updates that you can't continue without.

Anyhow, you are once again approved! Yay for Europeans.