PDA

View Full Version : Nobody's home

Reiko
03-04-07, 09:33 PM
(warning: contains sexual situations)

(Closed for the archer, Karu's were fox)

The wind wasn't right on this day. It was cold and biting and would occasionally bring with it freezing rain that bit to the bone. Luckily it was the end of the storm so things would only get better and Doji decided that today was the day she would find a fellow Kitsune. She knew Gingitsu but he was more of a god than a fox.

But Akashima had other mystic foxes and Ki heard of a nine tails like her and she wanted to meet her. And patience grew thin as she waited with her Kit's and Seth, a were fox she met on the road. Too long to wait out the snow and Doji was a restless one and the first day that would be safe to travel she would go.

"Mommy, how far is it, I'm tired!" Chiyo whined from under her warm robes that covered most of her body and her face was hidden under a shade to keep off the rain. The little Kitsune girl panted a little and Doji went and picked her up and placed her under a tree.

"We're almost there but lets take a break." Doji said as she sat on a rock and looked over her children and friend. "I'm sorry for this. I just really wanted to meet someone that was actually like me." The vixen sighed and looked at the misty grove in the distance where a Kitsune like her would be and she might be able to share experiences and help with her kits and more importantly have someone that was like her and make her feel less alone even though Ki would never be alone with her Kits. Still Ki was excited to meet a potential sister. "Feeling better Chiyo?" The mother asked after a little break and the young girl nodded.

"I would rather play at home!" Ryo whined as he saw his sis getting attention.

"We'll play later. Mommy needs to do this for her. And think of it if this works out we'll have a new friend to play with." Doji brought herself to smile despite the weather, it would work out and she would be happy. Well in the Kitsune's mind anyways.

The Archer
03-08-07, 10:13 PM
Seth laughed as Ryo whined at his mother that he didn't want to be out, he wanted to play at home. Ruffling the boy's hair, he crouched down to be almost on eye-level with the kit.

"And here I thought you wanted to get out more. Explore new scents and all that."

He grinned toothily, although he couldn't really help that. He was bi-pedal, but walked on his toes -- paws, rather, and covered with thick black fur -- save on his chest and belly. His head was almost completely fox-like, but his eyes, instead of being standard brown, were all that was left of his true human form, one black and one green. He wore a pair of khaki-colored pants and had a bow slung over his back, with his quiver at his hip.

He moved over to Ki as she said they'd have a new friend to play with if all went well with the visit, and he circled tightly around the vixen kitsune, gently bopping her daughter on the nose with his bushy black tail.

"I'm a new friend. Have I grown boring so quickly, Ki?" He grinned, playing.

Reiko
03-09-07, 10:11 PM
Doji blushed with embarrassment and Chiyo sneezed as Seth commented about growing boring. Ki drooped her tails a little and shook her head. "No, no I didn't mean that. You're not boring at all. I um just wanted to meet another nine tails girl." Doji smiled in apology as her tails swayed like a puppy that knew it screwed up. And I just didn't want to be cooped up in the den nay longer either."

Doji decided it would be good to move on and she led the way and waved for Seth and her kits to follow. Thankfully the kits' whining was pretty much over since the pair concentrated on just following over the muddy ground without getting muddy themselves. Doji was not having any trouble with the mud since she was taking it slow and the vixen was light on her feet and there were enough rocks on the ground. The kits didn't mind following since they made it a game where the loser would be the one that would fall in the mud.

The travel passed by a nice cove, would have been a great place to spend a sunny day but this day both sun bathing and swimming would be out of the question with cold wind and water. Still the fox den would be the goal and so Ki pressed on, though she did look out in to the gray sea watch the waves on occasion.

"I think I see something on the water." Ryo said as he looked at as well and Ki nodded as she thought she saw something too.

"You're an archer so you'd have the best eyes. can you tell what's out there?" Chiyo asked while tugging at Seth's tail. Doji smiled at the two but looked out again, there was a feeling of it being too quiet.

The Archer
03-13-07, 10:12 PM
The were-fox kept an eye on the twins while walking alongside their mother.

"I don't really blame you for not wanting to stay at the den. It seems you don't go out often, and that they stay near the den all the time." He grinned. "There is a time kits need to start wandering."

When the family looked at the water, Seth was looking at the land, trying to find the easiest path for Ki, with her long kimono, and the kits, with their short legs, so he was only called back by the tug on his tail. Chiyo was looking up at him, asking him to look and see what it was.

"Well," he answered the kit, "I'm not used to looking for things in water, but I'll try to see."

He picked up the little girl and placed her on his shoulders, meanwhile stretching up to peer at the figure under the water. His eyes narrowed as they attempted to pierce the distance and murk, and his ears swiveled forward as he concentrated.

"Well...it's a funny little critter. Longish ears, gangly limbs...got a turtle's face and skin color. Never seen one before, so I couldn't tell you what it is."

His tail swished slowly back and forth, and he continued looking at the creature.

"That thing gives me the creeps. I think we should move onward, and quickly."

Reiko
03-19-07, 10:05 PM
Ki squinted when she watched the lithe shelled critter leave the water. Seth was right and the thing was creepy and it would be best to get on the road. "It probably eats children by the looks of it."

"I think it's looking for little girls to eat." Ryo taunted in a whisper, he had a bit of fear but still enjoyed taunting his sister.

Chiyo shivered and whimpered on Seth's Shoulders. "I don't want to be eaten." The little girl whined while looking at the monster moving about.

Doji bopped Ryo and shook her head. "Sorry, I didn't mean to say that. I'm just worried about you two. I won't let them eat you no matter what and Seth won't too." the vixen reassured her child as she went ahead and lead the way towards the trees. Even when wet the fox girl had a sleekness to her and never let her kimono resrict her movement.

As soon as they found the grove and the home of the fox then they could get out of the rain and away from the monsters where they can relax with little trouble. But that was a ways off and what was there was the monsters and the rain.

Doji went a little further and stopped abruptly while reaching for her sword. "Careful, I here movement in the grass, too big for a rodent." The vixen waited then looked trough the grass, seeing something moving, for moment she thought it was one of those monsters like the one in the water. The kengo didn't bother to hesitate any further when she felt it was one of those things and went forward with her blade in a iaijutsu strike that the monster barely avoided thanks to it's shell bet even then there was a large gash in the shell where the tip of the sword hit.

Damn the beast was fast for it survived and worse there was more rustling of the grass, more of the monster were near. "Seth, be ready there's a lot more. Chiyo, Ryo! get near me. I'll keep them away." Doji commanded as she held her blade at the ready.

The Archer
03-24-07, 01:12 PM
Seth's eyes picked them out quickly -- one, two...three hiding in the grass, one of which Ki had already marked.

"I count three." He stepped between the two nearest himself and the kits, lowering his head and snarling. This close in, arrows were of little effect...but it had been too long since he'd actually gotten his teeth around living flesh. The beast within him roared at the chance to shed some blood with tooth and claw, and the lycanthrope felt his ruff bristling at the chance of combat.

One of the turtle-creatures leapt at him, and he swiped at it with his huge paw, knocking it toward its comrade. The fox held his place for a mere moment before launching himself at the two little beasts.

Within moments, it was a tangle of fur and flesh as powerful jaws sought throats and greedy little hands sought entrails.

Reiko
03-24-07, 06:35 PM
It was kind of sweet for Seth to defend Ki and her kits tooth and claw but it was probably not the wisest choice. Doji watched in horror as they brutally fought, the kappa had shells and an advantage by numbers. The ronin had to do something.

But there wasn't time, the water goblin with the shell that Ki damaged was coming back and tried to go for Ryo but Doji spun and kicked it's shell to send it tumbling and followed with a sword swipe but the kappa recovered and avoided Ki's deadly blade. The vixen tried another swing but the little beasty was on the defensive and avoided that swing as well, seeing an opening it went forward in hopes of ripping her belly our and spilling her intestines. But the ronin was quick and hopped back just in time to lessen a fatal slash to mere scratches at her belly and then she made a counter of thrusting her recovered blade right through the kappa shell.

Chiyo cried out seeing the blood on her mother and Doji looked to see that both kits were okay then turned to Seth who was still in fierce wresting in hopes for a fatal tear at each others' vitals. Ki had to move quickly if her new friend was going to have a chance and then she went forward with her blade.

It had to be a perfect hit for Ki since the were fox and the kappa were so close that one wrong move could kill Seth as well as a kappa, going for both kappa at once was out of the question. Ki needed to wait for the right moment when one of the turtle monsters was exposed and once one had nearly fallen away from the savage tod, Ki chopped it's head off before it could react. But there was still one kappa left and Ki just couldn't get a clear cut.

The Archer
03-24-07, 06:51 PM
Lycan and kappa were all three victims of brutal scratches, although Seth seemed to be getting the raw end of the deal -- just not raw enough for the kappa to get a fatal blow in.

He barely noted as Ki killed the one left to her, still caught up in his roiling little sphere of bloodshed. What he did take notice of, though, was when one of the two tumbled away from him. He'd turned to chase it back down, and saw the katana slice through its thin neck.

Satisfied with that, he turned back toward the remaining one just as its sharp claws sank into his side and started to plunge deeper. A high-pitched IYPE! escaped him, before he grabbed the thing by the shell, ripped it out of his side, and tore its throat open with his fangs.

Threat gone, for now, he lay on the ground, covered in blood (both his and theirs) and panting. He soon stood back up, trying to ignore the several deeper scratches protesting against movement.

"Is everyone all right?"

Reiko
03-25-07, 06:47 PM
Ki spread out her tails as she went to Seth in hopes of hiding the gruesome scene from her children. But Chiyo whimpered as she peeked through to see all the blood. "Is Seth going to be okay?"

"Yeah, he'll be fine. He's tough. He'll make it." Ki smiled at her daughter before turning to Ryo who was poking at a kappa's corpse. "Don't play with the dead like that, it won't bring any good." The ronin mother scolded as Ryo pouted but Ki had turned to Seth and looked at the wounds. "I have some bandages, should keep you from bleeding to death at least."

Doji took Seth to a nearby stream and sat him down while sitting next to him so she could wash the wounds and bandage the poor were fox. His damage was extensive and Ki could tell he was more skilled from far away, the melee had no finesse and probably would have been a disaster if she didn't get involved but then again Doji might have been missing her kits if he didn't get involved.

Chiyo and Ryo started to play wrestle do to boredom but Doji hushed them. "There might be more monsters so I need quiet, it's too bloody for me to smell them." Ki said as she continued while ignoring her own wounds at the moment. It would probably be best to tend to them in private since shed hae to slack some of her kimono to allow access. Wouldn't be right to do that in front of Seth.

"Thank you for helping save my kits. It was such a brave thing to do for someone else's children. I don't know what I would do if it wasn't for that."

The Archer
04-03-07, 12:01 AM
Ki came over to him to wash and bandage his wounds, but Seth could see the kitsune was bleeding.

He listened as she thanked him for the help with the kits, and then nudged her shoulder gently with his nose.

"Well, I figure I can do with a few scratches more than they can. I'll be fine, these..." he indicated his own wounds. "Flesh wounds!" He coughed slightly. "Honestly, don't worry. Go tend to your own wounds, I'll watch over the two of them. They're overly bouncy little rascals...but I love 'em like I would my own."

He took the kitsune's slender hands in one of his great paws. "I'll let you slap as many bandages as you like on me...after you're taken care of."

He looked into her eyes, sincere and concerned.

Reiko
04-06-07, 09:27 PM
Ki was paying half her attention to her kits as they watched her take care of Seth’s wounds. The two were being pretty quiet since the battle was over. The pair might have been scared and their mother regretted taking them on the trip even though she didn’t expect anything more than the occasional starved wolf. The fight Seth had was such an awful site that it even disturbed Ki but he was okay as were she and the kits.

Seth nuzzled her shoulder and made the vixen’s ears perk up and wondered what he wanted. “Oh, yes. I guess I did take a hit. Sloppy of me, I think I’m done anyways.” Ki swished her tails erratically at first then slower as she looked at the handsome kemono (Furry).

She handed him a wakizashi and nudged the bow towards him. “Yeah keep an eye on my kits and try to watch my back. The Kappa might get some funny ideas if I expose myself out here.” Doji couldn’t help but wink. She was getting a feeling that she really liked the fox even though much of his chivalry was almost to the point of being silly though he wasn’t being silly now and perhaps this was the reason that Ki had chosen to be silly.

She went to tend her own wounds down stream with her tails swishing to and fro mischievously as she laid the Onitachi down and then her obi, her back was to Seth and her kits, they were pretty used to their mother’s naked self since she bathed them fairly often. Once Ki was there she bore a bit of her back to them and smiled while washing the wound and then bandaging her belly.

There was an exciting feeling running down her spine to her tails, playing around when monsters could be near just made things more interesting and the adrenaline seemed to flow more than it would if she was just fighting the beasts. Perhaps it was stupid to do this while her children were around but she felt she could still protect them if worse came to worse, just as long as Seth didn’t try to wrestle the kappa again.

Ki turned to give a slightly naughtier view as she announced. “Almost done, now you don’t have to worry.” She giggled. “I think we’re close to the den, we can get some shelter there.”

The Archer
04-07-07, 12:26 PM
Seth walked away from the water a little, and motioned the kits to come the rest of the way to him. After all...it would be hard for anything to snatch them from under his muzzle.

He set Ki's wakazashi down next to him. He'd be useless with it in a fight, but it was the thought that mattered. What was better was the fine horn-bow she'd handed to him. It was definitely of better quality than his yew bow.

He knelt down, watching for a moment as Ki undid her kimono to tend her wounds. For just a moment, he wished he had a better view, and he looked away, his ears tilting back. He also had to resist the urge to scratch at his wounds, which were itching terribly as they tried to regenerate.

Just...keep your eye on the area. Wouldn't want something to happen...

Ryo reached toward the wakazashi, and Seth lowered his head to the level of the kit's, baring his fangs. It was a clear warning, and the young renard* settled down unhappily. There were monsters about, he could fight, too.

Just as the kit was about to make his complaint verbal, Seth tensed up, nocking an arrow to the bowstring and scanning the terrain. There were still a few kappa about, but only one making its way toward the little skulk**. Predictably, it was heading for the easy target -- the lone, distracted female.

Seth drew an arrow from the quiver at his hip, nocking it to the string on Ki's bow, and drawing. He was vaguely aware of Ki turning to say something to him, but his eyes were focused on the kappa stalking the vixen.

He pulled just a little harder, and sent the arrow whistling toward the beast's chest. It let out a shriek as the arrow pierced it, and there was a nasty crunch as the arrow finished impaling its mark. Seth's ear twitched in irritation. The bow had a better release and recoil than he was used to...he'd meant to strike the creature through the heart and be able to recover his arrow.

Oh well...I'll still recover the head.

He glanced at Ki, who had turned slightly to say something, and nodded. "The sooner we get out of the open, the better."

*Renard is the official term for a male fox.

**A skulk is a group of foxes

Bunnying of Ryo approved.

Reiko
04-07-07, 02:43 PM
Ki perked her ears and finished her bandaging her scratches for she heard some splashing in the water. The nine tails wrapped her kimono to cover her front though instead of tying to obi she simply moved her hand and grabbed her blade. Not that she didn’t trust Seth to watch her back but if he didn’t it was her fault for playing around.

But the next sound was a twang and a scream. Ki did puff up her tails even though she expected it. Ki grabbed her obi and tied to properly then stood up and shot the archer fox a smile. “Good shot.”

“Mommy are you alright?” Chiyo cried out as she ran and hugged her mother tightly.

“Yeah I’m alright thanks to Seth.” Ki said as she rubbed her child’s face and then picked her up and held her piggyback. “You’re right that we better get into cover.” The ronin placed the Onitachi tucked in her obi and then picked up the wakizashi off the ground and placed it next to the demon sword. Ryo looked at his mother when she did this and had his eye on the sword. “Seth’s right you shouldn’t use the sword until you’re older or at least know it’s proper use. I know you just wanted to protect me but swords fighting isn’t as easy as it looks. Maybe when we get back we can practice a bit but right now you should avoid fights and just protect Chiyo.” Ki smiled and rubbed the young fox’s brown hair. Just like his father, Ryo wanted to be protector.

Ki didn’t know it but she was blushing the whole time embarrassed at her stupidity for screwing around when she knew there was monsters about. She could take care of her self but what if the Kappa went for Seth and the kits. What if it was too close for the bow and he went tooth and claw again with his wounds. Still Ki just wasn’t sure what to do, apologizing might not be right in front of the kits and that behavior wasn’t a good idea in front of them either. “Lets stay close.” Ki said as she moved deeper into the forest.

In the forest there was a ruined house. It still stood but there was a whole wall missing from its ordinate design. It looked a lot like her own house but with a little more color and would have shined brightly in better condition and Ki could smell it’s magic. The mother put Chiyo down and peered though the gloomy mist for monsters but didn’t see any. “I think the fox was attacked. This isn’t good.” Ki drew the Onitachi and held it on her shoulder. “Something may be in the house but coming this far we should investigate and if nothing’s there it still might make a decent shelter.”

The Archer
04-09-07, 09:59 PM
Seth stretched out as they finally reached the den, then shook out his thick ruff when he saw its ruined condition. His wounds were sealing nicely, thanks to the virus which had turned him into a lycanthrope. Ki never needed to worry in the first place.

What struck him right off about the house was the condition of its doors. They were bent and cracked, and not properly closed.

The were-fox looked down at the two young kits, and then at their mother, who stood almost a foot shorter than he. It would probably be best to not let them head in first.

He lifted his nose, breathing in deeply, trying to find out what was happening within...but the smells of Akashima were still too new for him to accurately discern which was what. He could tell that there were the twins, excited but scared at the same time, and Ki, slightly shocked by the audacious attack and embarrassed at her actions beforehand.

Although I really wish I could get a view like that sometime...alone...in safety...NO. Down, boy. Bad.

He handed Ki back her bow, shrugging his own off his back and nocking an arrow. It clunked against the bloody arrow head at the bottom that he'd recovered from the kappa's corpse, but that was the only sound.

"You three stay here for now. I'll go check it out."

Reiko
04-10-07, 09:59 PM
Ki wasn’t sure if she wanted her bow back just yet, she was more deadly in close combat and the best effectiveness would be her up close and him supporting with that bow but then again it was hers and he probably wanted to use his own, being more used to the longbow than the enhanced short bow.

Ki saw him move to the entrance, she could smell evil coming from the destroyed house that made the fox’s den. The fox was still alive since the illusion of the house was still there and that gave some hope but things weren’t good.

“Chiyo, Ryo! Go hide in the thicket over there, stay out of trouble, I’ll be close but don’t attract attention.” She commanded the kits that were being silent and they both nodded before hiding. Ki went forward and grabbed Seth’s tail. “I’ll go in first. I’m the better fighter and I can smell the evil in there. Anyways you’ll be more useful firing your bow.” Ki was extremely serious as she drew the Onitachi and held it over her shoulder.

Ki sniffed again to try and identify the evil. It was evil but had the hint of wolf or a dog. A canine with demon blood would be a fierce enemy and she had to take it seriously. “It smells like a wolf, we need to be careful and make sure the Kits are safe.” Ki nodded to their hiding place as she took a step towards the beast.

The Archer
04-20-07, 01:17 AM
Seth bristled, adding volume to his size, an intimidation tactic that probably wouldn't work on the kitsune, but he had to try it anyway.

"I'll be fine in there, between my arrows and my fangs. You said we need to keep the kits safe, and this is a fact. So you stay out here and keep your kits safe, Ki. I'm less concerned about the safety of this fox than I am about yours and theirs, and I'm less concerned about my safety than I am about yours and theirs."

He deflated, letting out a sigh and touching his muzzle to her cheek, speaking softly into her hair. "You're the better fighter, which means they're safer with you than with me...and they'd be safer with me than alone out here. Your duty is more to them and their continued well being than it is to that kitsune's or mine. And if I let you go in there first, and something happened to you...I couldn't forgive myself. So stay here, Ki...please stay here, and stay safe...and if I get killed, it's my own stupidity."

He licked her cheek gently, his ears tilted back in a subconscious expression of tenderness. He then put his hand on her shoulder to guide her a few steps back and nocked the arrow again, walking resolutely into the dilapidated house.

Immediately, he crouched down, stepping softly. He tried to find the scent of the wolf and follow it, while his ears swiveled constantly about to try and catch the slightest of sounds.

Reiko
04-22-07, 08:22 PM
“I guess you’re right.” Doji said looking at the ground, she was actually ashamed for being as arrogant to leave her kits like that. Still she knew there was danger in there and she was the best to face anything the world could throw at her. But Seth was right and she needed to protect her kits.

Seth sealed the deal with a peck on her cheek. It was rather innocent and strange, like a mix between a nip and a lick thanks to Seth’s Muzzle, causing her tails to wag for a moment and she looked into his eye for a moment and wondered what the kiss meant to her then what she needed to say to Seth.

“Please be careful and if it’s too tough, run.” Ki said finding her voice wasn’t strong, but instead, it was a plead to Seth. “I, I learned that a hero’s death is not the best way to protect someone, that sometimes you have to know when to retreat. There’s no shame in it if it’s what’s best for those you wish to protect. So be careful.” Ki smiled and returned the kiss by placing her own on his furry cheek, feeling it’s softness with her lips before separating and smiling. “Please don’t throw yourself away.”

Doji hoped Seth would listen to her as he went to find the wolf. Ki went to her children and smiled at them.

“Is Seth going to be alright without you?” Chiyo asked timidly from the hiding spot as she saw her mother’s eye.

“He will be.” Ki answered with an assuring nod.

“What if the monster’s as big as a house and strong as a dragon and fast as hawk?” Ryo asked.

“Then I guess I’ll have to come to his rescue.” Ki giggled, pretty sure that Ryo was wrong about the monster or monsters.

The Archer
04-23-07, 10:10 PM
The kiss still burned on Seth's cheek, through his fur, a protective talisman calling him to come safely back to the beautiful vixen and her two kits.

He wasn't an underground hunter, nor did he go after caged game...but he had hunted in the mountains, and so brought his experience there into play. He registered each noise as it was made...where it was, and if it sounded dangerous.

Suddenly, a Kappa came into view, with its ugly face and shell. Seth shot it through the head, nocking another arrow to shoot its companion. The shot was successful, but not without cost. The second kappa had let out a high-pitched cry, alerting the rest of the staff that there was an intruder.

No time now to proceed cautiously, the lycanthropic fox raced through the den, toward the center, where he found the wolf...as well as the kitsune he was holding captive. He snarled something out as five Kappa descended upon him.

For a moment, he flailed out wildly, trying to knock the stupid things off even as they clawed at his thick pelt and muscular belly. Finally, he got his hands on one and chomped through its throat with his teeth.

The Okami waved off the remaining kappa, lifting himself from his opulent cushions before stepping forward and glaring contemptuously down at the battered fox before him.

"You dare to step into my territory and challenge me?"

The voice was cocky and much deeper than Seth's own, but the bleeding archer stood up and snarled, ears flattening against his head and face wrinkling as he bared his rows of teeth.

"It isn't your territory. Release the rightful owner of this den and leave this place. And take those ankle-nippers with you."

Seth's ruff bristled to make him seem bigger, but the wolf just laughed at his display of bravado before launching himself the twenty feet or so to swipe at the fox.

All Seth could do was watch. Watch the hurtling gray streak seem to slow, watch his bow raise and the arrow line up, watch it hurtle through the air and connect at the wolf's shoulder.

The next thing he knew was feeling something in his side give way, and he was flying through the air, hitting the wall with a hard WHUMPH and collapsing on the pillows just a couple of feet away from the kitsune. She smelled like magic and fear, and had thick silver fur. She was bound at the wrists and ankles, so tight that she'd bled from the binds.

Seth felt his blood boil. It wasn't right that this...thing should be allowed to do that to anyone. He took an arrow out of his quiver, rolling onto his feet while snarling at the Okami viciously. The wolf, confident in his power over the werefox's weakness, puffed out his chest and made a gesture of "come try it."

But Seth didn't try attacking. Quickly, he slit the kitsune's binds with the arrow head. Her expression of bewilderment irritated the archer, and he barked out a quick "RUN!" before she finally got moving.

Her captor leaped for her, but Seth jumped on top of him, sharp teeth seeking flesh through fur.

All that could be heard from the outside during the few moments between the kitsune's release and her bursting out of the den were low barks and growls -- two male canines testing the other's right to a piece of earth.

The newly-rescued kitsune huddled behind Ki's tails, somewhat dazed from her rescue.

Suddenly there was a loud, high-pitched IPE! from within the den...and silence.

Reiko
04-24-07, 11:10 PM
Ki smiled at her Kits as they waited for Seth to come out, it didn’t feel right but Doji wanted to be hopeful that he heard her words and would run away. Doji still stayed ready for something to happen, her ears perked in odd direction to listen to any sounds from the woods.

She wasn’t listening in vain for a frantic scamper could be heard and the mother turned to face the source and see if it was a threat or not.

“Hey Mom! She’s like you!” Chiyo said happily to see another nine tailed girl though her smile died when she saw that the other nine tails was frightened and definitely not happy. Ki was rather surprised to see the frightened fox hide behind her tails for protection.

“Are you okay?” Ryo asked coming closer and sniffing her as Ki noticed the cuts on her wrists. This was horrible.

The white nine tails whimpered and sniffled before replying in a panic. “The wolf! He’s Coming! We have to run!” She wailed and Ki went down at the speed of lightning to offer a comforting touch.

“There, there. We’ll be fine, I’m here and I’ll make sure we’ll be okay. Just trust me.” Ki patted the other kitsune.

Then a loud yelp/scream hybrid issued forth and cracked Ki’s heart. She knew that voice, it was Seth and while she only knew him for about a month it just was the idea he was defeated made Ki lose heart.

“Chiyo, Ryo, take care of our new friend. She’s been through a rough time.”

“Okay mommy!” Chiyo said with a smile though it was rather worried and she hugged the older white furred kitsune.

“Yeah, we won’t let any monsters near her.” Ryo said while puffing up his chest in preparation to be a hero.

Ki hoped he wouldn’t get the chance.

”Please, be careful you two…” Ki said with a hugged to her children and new friend before running into the ruined house.

It was a mess of kimonos, dishes, shoji walls, chopsticks, toys and bones… Bones. Doji made a prayer that these weren’t the other kitsune’s family. She drew the Onitachi and was ready to face the monster.

And there stood the oni Okami, Black fur matted with blood and saliva while streaked with red runes to show its dark divinity. The beast howled over Seth before laughing. “So another fox, a female this time. I’ll need some fun since the other got away.” The demon wolf smiled darkly. “I bet this one was your boyfriend, the hot head didn’t stand a chance and I doubt you will either. Tell you what, give yourself up and I’ll let you live as my own slave, at least you can satisfy your lust, he won’t.” The dark lupine pawed Seth and Ki growled while holding her blade with white knuckles.

“Shut up! I don’t care! Stop taunting me! You’re not getting away with this.” Ki yelled as she flipped her tails about as they puffed up and her sward was ready to strike down the wolf.

“Fine, a female isn’t even worth my time, Kappa!” The beast yelled and the turtle imps came forth but Ki conjured a ball of fox tire and sent it forward into the group, lighting them on fire. They fell harmlessly.

“You can’t win, I’ve dealt with worse Demons…” Ki went forward with her blade hoping to chop off the wolf’s head. The demon was quick and jumped to the side with a growl and pounced the vixen.

Ki rolled away and countered with a quick cut to the leg, dealing a flesh wound through the fur. The fox girl smiled, at this rate she could win through attrition, but it was too early to tell.

The wolf came again with a roar and Doji dodged again and added another cut. And then the wolf came again with third time being a charm and with a loud piercing howl that disoriented Ki he was atop of her and going to tear the girl’s throat out.

One problem for the wolf though, he found his head knocked away with the blade. He dug his claws in the girl he took a wound to the neck that sent a fair share of blood over Ki. Any closer then the wound would have been mortal at least. The beast Jumped away before Ki could follow up but Doji ended up being quicker, her blade sank into the throat as the wolf tried recover.

Ki looked to the bloody body of Seth and then ran to him. “Please Wake up, Please! If you only going to listen to me once then please be now.” Doji was sobbing the words as she knelt before the were fox.

The Archer
04-24-07, 11:29 PM
Pain.

He wasn't Seth anymore, he was just pain. He lived in it, breathed it, tasted it...WAS pain.

And in pain. Made of pain.

He could hear someone sobbing next to him, and Ki's sweet scent came to him...as well as the scent of blood.

His head cleared somewhat, and he could feel the pain lancing from specific points -- his back and side, where he'd been bitten, his broken ribs, his side...his head...even a few cuts along his limbs. His eyes opened slowly and he looked up at the kitsune groggily.

"I think...you're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." He strained to lift his head, and gently licked the tears from her cheeks. "Don't cry...the bleeding will stop soon, and most of this will be better by morning."

He looked at her more closely. "You're hurt. Go take care of yourself, Ki." His head fell back to the floor, and his ears drooped back.

"Sorry I didn't heed your advice...I tried...I wanted...I kept thinking of what he would do to you and those kits if he got through me, or if I ran away from him...and I couldn't stand the thought of doing anything less than protecting the three of you with everything I had in me...even if that included my dying breath."

Reiko
04-26-07, 09:33 PM
Ki was partially shocked to feel Seth’s tongue on her cheek. He was a mess and she was partially surprised that the were fox wasn’t dead. Her crying dried up but so did her throat, making her thirsty but only caring about Seth.

“Don’t scare me like that!” Ki yelled and found her self crying once again, with the tear ducts finding a hidden source of water. The mother was so glad that he was alive that she hardly noticed his insistence of flattery even though he was half dead.

The nine tails started to was as Ki started to feel some strength and she started to rise with a smile, finding Seth’s lack of self concern heartening. “It’s nothing, a few scratches. I’ll be fine, lets get out of here and see to the girl that ran out.”

Ki lead Seth outside the den, the sky was still gray but there was a sense of peace and the dark scent of the kappa had dissipated as they fled into the ocean. Ki saw her children holding the other nine tails as she cried into Chiyo’s small shoulder.

“Mommy? Why’s she crying? She’s not hungry, won’t eat anything.” Ryo asked naïvely while Chiyo just looked at her mom kind of asking the same thing but just wanting to be a shoulder to cry on.

“She’s gone through a tough time. The wolf stole her home.” Ki said and had a feeling that the other kitsune girl had lost her family since their kind was known for large families and she was the only one around.

“Th, thank you.” The other nine tails sobbed and Ki patted her shoulder.

“It’s alright. I’ll do my best to help.” Ki said with a reassuring smile. “Anyways I’m Doji Ki, this is Seth and the Kit’s are Chiyo and Ryo.” Ki said motioning to each trying distract the kitsune from whatever tragedy that befell her.

“I’m Ai…” The nine tailed Byakko (white kitsune) said softly as she held on to the silent Chiyo.

During all this the house behind them started to right itself. Broken doors fixed themselves and broken walls became whole as if it was just the presence of the wolf demon that was the reason of destruction.

The Archer
05-10-07, 01:56 PM
While getting out was a sentiment Seth generally agreed with...it meant he would have to get up. Right now...that wasn't a sentiment he generally agreed with. The werefox was battered, bruised, broken, slashed, sliced, and scratched. He was barely holding onto consciousness by a thread as his body struggled to repair the extensive damage.

He whimpered softly, trying to melt into the floor. He just wanted to rest...that wasn't really too much to ask, was it, after all of that? Yeah, he'd gotten his ass kicked by something she'd taken down after just a minute...but he'd tried, and wasn't that worth a rest?

Then he looked up at her, looking down at him with concern in her eyes...and felt like a jerk for being so lazy when the cuts were already starting to scab over.

"All right, all right. I'm getting up."

He gingerly pushed himself up into a sitting position, feeling a stabbing twinge in his ribs, and then lurched forward, stumbling to his feet and staggering a few paces, almost succumbing to the gripping pain coming from wounds in his side. He stood hunched over for a moment, seriously doubting his ability to walk out the door and back to the kits. But then her delicate hand gripped his and started gently pulling him out the door, and he had the energy to take those steps.

I'll be mostly better in the morning, he reminded himself.

He sat down when they got outside and to the kits and other kitsune, though. Standing was awful...hell, awake was awful. But he wouldn't vocalize that. Not after having worried everyone like that.

"We can stay for a little while, to help you gt things back to normal," he offered to Ai. Surely Ki had wanted to stay anyway, whether or not the den had been struck by tragedy.

Reiko
05-10-07, 07:57 PM
Ki smiled that Seth offered to stay until the place got back in order. But there was something not right with the den now. Sure once the evil was excised and the fox that lorded over it was freed it went back to being mostly pristine but it was quiet. And there was a smell of death. This wouldn’t be good for anyone to stay; it was now a lonely place.

“Um, miss Ai, did you have family? Should we look for them?” Ki asked as she knelt by the sorrowed fox she had rescued.

And Ai simply cried for an answer, Chiyo holding on in a hug that somewhat helped the sobbing fox girl. It was all that Ki needed; the family was dead, killed by the wolf. How could the beast have gotten so near to another nine tails and killed her family was beyond Ki’s understanding though she did kill the wolf with little difficulty. Perhaps the demon beast was defended against fox magic that Ki possessed but rarely relied on.

“You know, it must be lonely here. How about when we’re ready to leave; you can come with us and join the family. It would help me out so much if someone could help take care of the kits. And I’m not very good at fox magic and you can help. I know I’m sounding selfish but we could give you some company.”

Ai nodded. “I, I guess I could come.” She was rather meek as Chiyo kept the comforting hug and was joined by Ryo. The two kits knew better than to use words, their caring touch was enough and it made the poor fox girl quiet. It seemed like she would be coming.

“No, rush, we have to stay the night and I have to keep an eye on Seth since he’s gravely hurt.” Ki smiled and went to Seth. “You were very brave, you saved her I think. Always the hero.” She said as she searched a place where it wouldn’t hurt to kiss before Tenderly placing her lips there to caress the pristine spot of Seth’s fur and skin.

The Archer
05-17-07, 09:33 AM
Seth sighed gently as he felt Ki's kiss on his cheek, and he turned his head to nuzzle her gently. "It's not that bad...I'll be mostly better by tomorrow morning."

He stretched out some, grunting as his wounds protested. "And it isn't too heroic if I got my tail kicked." He'd have used stronger language...but there were little ears about.

Ryo came over and looked up at Seth. "What was the monster like?"

Seth looked at the kit and chuckled. "He was as strong as a dragon and as fast as a hawk and as big as a house...or at least stronger and faster and bigger than me."

Ai was still holding to Chiyo and crying...at this moment, it would still be too much for her to go back into the house that had been a chamber of so much sorrow, and Seth couldn't blame her. To be honest, he was quite glad of the rest, since it let his wounds start healing, however slowly. The cuts were itching, as they were wont to do, but he let them. It would hurt to touch them.

Reiko
05-17-07, 05:03 PM
Ki smiled at Seth, trying to reassure the fox. “I think you were very brave and you were the one that saved her. I may have slain the beast but I probably would have barged in making lots of noise.” Ki grew quiet and softly spoke so Ai wouldn’t hear; the ronin’s voice barely a whisper. ”I don’t think I could have saved her in that situation. So you were the hero here.” Doji knew she was just the better fighter but didn’t want to mention it since putting down the were fox was not her intention.

If things weren’t so down, Ki would have laughed at Ryo’s question. He always seemed to love adventure and the action, something that Ki knew came from her side. Ryo’s father did fight for a living but he was pretty reluctant and not a big fan of monsters. He was probably going to take a wandering life like his mother used to when he grew up if he didn’t get over the allure of adventure though there was plenty of growing up for the allure to be lost. A peaceful life might be best for Ryo.

Chiyo was the peaceful one, happily comforting Ai even though she yawned a few times and was ready for sleep. Ai was feeling a little better but sleep was the thing she needed. Ki knew that even when things were at they’re hardest that a little sleep could put some distance between it and dull the pain.

“I think we should follow Chiyo’s example and get some sleep. Sorry Seth but I’ll be the one staying up. You need sleep more than any of us.” Doji smiled and kissed his cheek. “Don’t worry, I know how quickly you heal. If you feel well after some sleep and think you can take over then I wouldn’t mind but you need to sleep first.” Ki winked went to stroke Ai and Chiyo.

“It’ll be alright, we’re here and will protect you and comfort you, and you need to sleep too. I promise that you will feel better in the morning, not perfectly good but better. When I lost my father I thought I would feel my heart break away but after some sleep, I still felt a little ache but it was the kind I could live with. Sometimes we have to let go of the past.” Ki whistled a clam tune until Ai fell asleep.

Doji looked around as the sun was starting to set, it was a pretty sight, and she wanted to sleep as well but was going to keep watch. There might be monsters still about but there wasn’t much going on. Everything was peace and after that hard day it was good that it was a peaceful night. Everyone needed their rest, even Ki. At least she could take it easy while listening to the crickets and night birds. It was going to be an easy yet boring night.

The Archer
05-18-07, 03:56 PM
Sleep sounded good to the were-fox. It actually sounded like just about the best idea anyone had been graced with all day. Still...there were still a couple of matters to take care of...primarily that the kitsune had gotten herself hurt...again. And unlike him, she couldn't regenerate overnight.

He let the kits and Ai curl up to sleep, and watched as they drifted into their respective dreams, and then he turned to Ki.

"I'll stay up long enough for you to take care of your wound. And no arguments, Ki. Your body doesn't heal like mine does. I won't deny that I need rest...but I'll rest easier if I know you're taken care of."

He spoke softly, his voice rumbling gently through the distance between himself and the beautiful nine-tails, and through his eyes -- the green one in particular -- sincerity and concern shone out. Yes, he was in pain...but his pain was temporary, and if she got an infection...hers might not be.

Reiko
05-18-07, 08:47 PM
Ki was a tad surprised to see Seth staying awake to make sure that she cleans her fresh wounds from the wolf. "And I thought I was supposed to be the mother. You should know that I am pretty good at taking care of my self, I never once had an infection or plan to. I was going to wash them when you were asleep." Ki giggled, deciding that taking it with humor would be the only way she could do to prevent getting frustrated. "Oh, i know!" Doji almost squealed but kept it quiet so her kits and Ai could rest. "You want another show." Doji smirked as she went to the stream, swishing her tails happily.

Of coarse she knew he was only concerned for her safety but the thought about Seth wanting to see her wash up was a thought that cheered her up a little. It was a bit better in her mind than the were fox behaving like a mother hen, though that's probably what it was.

To tell the truth, Ki's boyfriends always seemed to want to defend her and make sure she was alright at the cost of their own life if need be. At least with Ki being one of Althanas' better swords-women kept them from having to make that sacrifice. Maybe secretly there was a part of her that loved that feeling even though it led to a bit of frustration from time to time.

Doji was at the edge of the stream when she took out her sword and stuck it into the mud for easy access if anything came along then shed her kimono completely. "You see, I'm washing my wounds. You can help if you want or go to sleep or just watch." Doji winked though she was sure he'd just go to bed. To tell the truth flaunting herself in front of Seth felt pretty good. Maybe it was that he was a nice guy and she liked him but the nine tails normally liked people to keep their eyes on her blade instead of her body. But with Seth she liked the idea of him seeing her exposed in the gibbous moonlight. Too bad Seth wasn't in better shape, then the night could truly be fun. The vixen soon smiled one last time and got to business of washing her wounds in the silent night and drying herself off for the water was cold. She wasn't going to doze off for a while now that she had taken a dip in the cold water.

The Archer
05-20-07, 06:53 PM
When Ki shed her kimono in front of him, completely unabashedly, the were-fox felt his ears prick forward and his jaw drop from the shock. This was quickly turned to embarrassment, and he turned his face more toward the kits and Ai, although it was hard to not look at the shapely kitsune as the moonlight gleamed tantalizingly off her bare skin.

The two women I'm bound to before me...the one needs a lesson I haven't the means to teach, and the other...has children, and who knows whether or not her previous mate might come back to make his home with his family?

He let out a sigh, lying down gingerly, his tail curling up along his side. What he most wanted, he couldn't have...and probably couldn't ever have...so it was best to just rest now, and heal.

With another sigh, the lycanthrope closed his eyes to sleep and let his flesh regenerate itself.

Reiko
05-21-07, 09:08 PM
Doji wondered if it was bad to tease Seth like that. He was injured and the last thing he needed was to have to deal with carnal urges but he could have gone to bed instead of making sure that the nine tails would clean her wounds. The concern was sweet but it also seemed like he didn’t trust her to take care of herself and she was grown up enough to do that and had been through enough battles to know that a festering wound would wreck everything.

Maybe it was the sweetness that made her play the game. She really liked Seth as a friend and even fantasized about something more. And with everyone to sleep and only crickets and owls for company, dull company indeed, Ki found herself thinking about even more.

Would he love me, would he leave when he was done, would he marry her, would he help raise her kits and maybe have some with her? Seth seemed to be good since he did help with he kits and even tried to act like a father for Chiyo and Ryo. Also he was pretty good in the looks department, sure the fur and fox like head might turn off a normal girl but not a kitsune who were part fox themselves and some even had the muzzle and fur like Seth.

Doji kept looking to he kits, Ai and Seth as they slept. Doji had more interest in Seth since the kits and Ai seemed to be fine but unchanging but Ki kept an eye on Seth’s wounds as they healed at an extreme rate. Every time she would look back, after gazing at the stars or drawing figures in the ground with a stick, she would see that a scratch or bruise was gone and later the large wounds were closed up.

The vixen just couldn’t stand it any longer, maybe it was staying up way to damn late in the lonely night or that she was just tired or both but she wanted company and more importantly the were fox’s company. Ki went to the archer and smiled, determined to wake him up with a kiss.

Ki had to know; she needed to know if Seth loved her. She had other lovers once but had to move on and she wanted to know if Seth would take her and hoped that he could be her final stop in the road of love. The kiss was as passionate as Ki could muster against a person that was asleep. She broke the one sided kiss in hopes that Seth would stir.

“Seth…” Ki like the way his name came out. “I really like you, I think I even love you or want to. I need to know if you would love me.” She whispered her question to not disturb anyone else. The forest was quiet now and Doji was sure it was safe so she going to make sure. “You seem ashamed of my antics, I guess I can’t blame you, I’m not really good at showing my feelings. I just want to know if you love me.”

The Archer
05-30-07, 02:22 PM
Seth stirred as the kitsune's lips and tongue gently met the end of his muzzle, and his eyes opened as the kiss got more passionate and her sweet scent flooded his nostrils. He was still drained from regenerating, and for several moments he just laid there, unsure if he'd desired her kiss so badly he was dreaming about it in his half delirious state, or if it was actually happening.

It wasn't until he heard his name rolling off of his tongue that he opened his eyes, certain that it wasn't a dream anymore. Or was it? She was asking of him that which he'd been so afraid to risk saying...she was telling him how she felt and what she wanted.

He sat up painfully, feeling newly-healed and healing wounds protest the motion, but that assured him finally that yes, he was awake, and no it wasn't a dream. Ever so slowly, he reached up to put his big hand on her cheek, letting the thumb rub gently over her perfectly soft and smooth skin. For a few moments, he was completely silent, wanting to at least preserve this moment in his mind if what he said next was completely stupid and earned her wrath.

"Lady Ki...I've loved you since the day you welcomed me to stay with you and your family. You were the first one since I became...a monster...to treat me like a man."

He leaned forward a little to take another kiss, to feel the silken softness of her lips on his and know, really know, that this moment was neither delusion or dream. He was certain, though, that however real it was, it was both magic, or miracle, or both.

Reiko
05-31-07, 10:27 PM
To someone who didn’t feel what Ki and Seth felt might think the pairs kissing was comical but them it was anything but. Ki didn’t care that it was slightly awkward to kiss the muzzle and contain the passion but it worked and Ki enjoyed every moment as she ran her hands through Seth’s soft fur, avoiding the parts with dried blood.

He had loved her since she had let him stay with her and her kits, she was glad he did. Ki was worried that he might not want to for not being the first to love the kitsune girl. Doji had a passing thought of why the love of the past failed but she failed to explain it before thankfully Seth interrupted the kiss with one that was even more passionate, they love becoming more comfortable to Ki as they figure out how they could kiss with different style mouths, for both were foxes but Ki’s form had a human face and human body save the ears and tails while Seth was covered in fur with a vulpine muzzle.

Ki broke the kiss feeling a need to say something. “You were always a man to me, honorable, kind, handsome and accepting. You are the man I love.” Doji said as she swished her tails and sat up, loosening her kimono and letting it fall onto the grass below. She wanted him to look at her without shame, no peeks to tantalize the imagination but to look on her without clothes. “I know the kits are asleep but I want to feel you with my whole body, without the clothes of men on me. I can wait to mate but I just want to feel you like this, but if you have to I’ll be quiet.” Ki giggled as she moved to kiss her new love, swishing her nine tails with true bliss.

The Archer
05-31-07, 11:17 PM
Seth's breath caught in his throat as Ki exposed herself to him, unashamed. His ears, which had been tilted back, now pulled themselves up and forward, showing an undeniable interest. Ki couldn't have done anything more mesmerizing to Seth than shedding her kimono. She was beautiful, perfect...a bite scar on her neck, and the bandages where she'd been wounded earlier, but still perfect. He could feel raw desire coursing hot through his veins...but to be honest, who wouldn't, in such a situation?

As her soft lips met his muzzle once more, he reached out, feeling her soft flesh under his hands for the first time, and pulled her to him, gently caressing her body, feeling her like she'd wanted him to...like he'd wanted to. He broke the kiss, letting his rough tongue start exploring her body while his hands started fumbling with his own pants. He was aware of a low rumble, almost a growl, coming from his chest, but that stopped when he thought he heard something...a rustle, or the sound of cloth on cloth. Perhaps one of the kits stirred?

He placed his hands on Ki's sides, holding her bare body to him, covering her nakedness from the rest of the world with his arms and fur, even as he felt that soft, silken skin pressing against his. He wanted her...but he knew he would have to be patient for another day or two. A shudder ran through him at the thought of passing up this opportunity...but he knew what he had to say.

Seth pulled his head back slightly, looking into Ki's violet eyes with his emerald and ebony ones. The moonlight made her skin glow so perfectly that no longer did he resent that horrid orb that locked him into a beast's form. It made opening his mouth to speak even more difficult, but at length, he managed it.

"We should wait, I think...until we're back at your den...back at home. And then..." he growled playfully, gently nipping her shoulder. "But right now...we don't want to wake up your kits." He licked where he had bitten, savoring the taste of her flesh under his tongue -- in such a different way than he'd wanted to the day they had met, when he'd transformed. This way tasted better, he reflected.

"For now, put your kimono back on."

Why did patience have to be a virtue?

Reiko
06-01-07, 05:22 PM
Ki stayed still and simply let Seth explore her body as she presented it him. She deeply enjoyed the touches of his tongue as it passed over taboo areas that sent sparks through out her body. Doji spent most her effort trying to look into Seth’s eyes to see her reflection and twinkle of joy that she was sure her eyes held as well and to keep her moans soft and delicate as not to wake the kits and Ai.

Oh did the vixen want her love to throw caution to the wind and go all the way, but it would be rude and foolish. Ai had gone through pain and seeing the two as lovers might spark jealousy or memories of lost love and the kits would learn something that they very well weren’t ready to learn.

So when the sound of shifting cloth alarmed Seth and caused him to hug her deeply she enjoyed that as well, and giggled to feel the light bit he placed on her as a sign of things to come. “Yeah, back in the den. I can’t wait but your right, just isn’t proper to mate in front of children and friends and if they wake up.” Doji blushed as she separated her body from his embrace; both seemed to have some control over themselves to not give to each other fully.

The ronin girl sighed as she reached for her kimono but only felt grass, then she turned around and looked quickly seeing that there was nothing there. “My Kimono! It’s gone…” Doji yelped in surprise, covering her mouth seeing that it stirred the kits.

The pair woke with first their tails wagging then slow stretches before rubbing their eyes and looking at Ki.

“Good morning!” Chiyo said in her chipper voice, feeling happy for her pleasant dream though her eyes went curious. “Mommy, why is it that you’re naked. You say that we should keep our clothes on in the outdoors where travelers may see us, unless bathing.”

“Well me and Seth wanted to get the blood out of our fur and didn’t want to disturb you and I’m afraid my kimonos missing.” Doji blushed as she covered her breasts with her hands and curved her tails to obstruct her lower torso.

“But didn’t you bathe last night?” Ryo asked looking tiredly at Ki and causing herself to blush a little deeper.

“I just wanted to help Seth with his back.” Doji said. “Now please turn around so I can have a moment to make a magic kimono until I can find my own.” Chiyo and Ryo complied and Ki soon had herself wrapped in a plain white cotton kimono. “We have to find my Kimono.” Doji declared as she picked up her swords, glad that they were still around then realized that someone was missing. “Does anyone know where Ai went?”

The Archer
06-01-07, 08:51 PM
"We should go look for her," said the were fox, standing up. The other kitsune hadn't been in the best of conditions, and it probably wasn't the best to let her be alone right now. If he'd learned anything in his time in Akashima, it was that natives had some crazy ideas about honor and despair, and after everything that Ai had just escaped...he'd feel responsible if she did anything to herself now.

Standing up, Seth shook out his fur and sniffed around, trying to pick out Ai's scent from among the others and find where she was. He started to worry a little when the scent led back into the house, and his pace increased as he crossed the threshold.

"Ai?"

There was no response, and the lycanthrope hurried through the hallways, trying to find the other kisune. After several minutes of searching did nothing to help him find her, he turned his head and tilted his ears. There was no smell of death...well, not very recent death. So perhaps she was still alive.

"AI!"

A door slid open not far away, and the white kitsune poked her head out, trying to look innocent. "Yes? I was just getting some things...since I'll be accompanying you tomorrow, is all."

Seth heaved a relieved sigh. "That's all right then," he said, brushing back some hair from his green eye. "Oh...have you seen Ki's kimono? She...umm...dropped it, and now we can't find it."

For that, the werefox was answered only with a giggle.

Reiko
06-02-07, 06:25 PM
Doji shared Seth's concern for Ai who had gone through a lot, for having her dissappear like that was pretty disturbing with the fact that the white fox woman had saw her and Seth caressing in the moon light while she was naked might have caused some foul emotion like jealousy to rear its ugly head.

But the found found Ai back at her own house and giggled when hearing about Ki's missing Kimono. "Oh, I seemed to have found it. You should keep a closer eye on your clothing, miss Ki." Ai said handing Doji something that appeared to be a cloth with the same pattern as her old kimono and a adorned with a string of small pearls.

"Um, Ai that's not my Kimono." Doji said feeling rather confused and not very happy with Ai's Joke, showing it with puffed up tails.

"I um took the liberty of binding it with my father's kitsune balls... I thought that you would like it." The byakko looked as if she was going to cry and Ki stopped with her harsh look and soften up.

"Well it's nice but i don't really know if I can wear it, doesn't seem to really cover much and there aren't any sleeves." Ki said as she gently examined the cloth with most care trying to figure out what was up with it.

Though Ai giggled again, having cheered up by seeing the Reiko's curiosity. "Why don't you try it on?"

"How?"

"Take off your fake kimono, wrap the magic cloth around and imagine what you want to be wearing."

The kits had watched silently not to disturb the adults in their conversation and were a tad tired from just waking up and running after Ai. Ki looked at them as she decided whether she could just take off the kimono now. Seemed like it wasn't a big deal since the only one that hasn't seen her naked was also a woman and everyone was a fox in some way and nudity shouldn't be a big deal, though Ki did want to save something for Seth when they got back to the den.

But curiosity was more important than modesty and So Ki threw off the temporary kimono as it disappeared before hitting the ground and wrapping around the cloth that used to be her kimono around herself and thinking of her old kimono but with images of Chiyo and Ryo dancing on it.

"Wow, that's neat. Why are we on the kimono?" Chiyo said as she felt it's silk as it appeared on Ki.

"Well it seemed like a cute Idea." Doji said with a smile, feeling better though she did bow partially in apology to Ai.

"Oh and I have a present for Seth too." Ai said with a smile. "With these you won't have to worry about a wolf like that beating you..." Ai grew a little more somber knowing that if the other had these in time the wolf would not have gotten to them like this.

Ryo whined a bit. "Don't we get any presents?" He asked.

Doji looked to her son wagged her tail. "We can't all get something that someone else gets. Don't be so greedy."

But Ryo ended up smiling before he could whine as a piece of candy fell into his and Chiyo's hands. Ai smiled and patted both of them on the head. "I didn't forget anybody you silly kits."

The Archer
06-06-07, 11:34 PM
Seth reached out to take the pair of arrows Ai handed to him. They were easy to tell from his regular arrows, being longer, heavier, and made of a lighter colored wood. The fletching was also different, being humble (but sturdy) goose feathers rather than the stiffer fletching he was wont to use. They were beautifully made, straight shafted and with aerodynamic points.

"They're nice arrows, Ai, but...I don't understand." The lycanthropic archer looked up at the white kitsune, questioning the properties of the arrows.

"My brother...he was something of an archer himself...but we're a family of magic users, not of craftsmanship. These arrows...they're enchanted against demons. He was...trying to get to them...but then..."

The bigger fox patted the nine-tails on the shoulder. "It's all right, Ai. And thank you. I know these mean a lot."

He stretched once more, shaking out his fur. He was almost healed, but exhausted from healing. But still...it was morning, and there was no sense remaining at Ai's shell of a den any longer. It would only be painful for Ai, and the kits would grow restless. And thinking of the kits...

"Hey, you two. You know the rules. Candy AFTER lunch. So how about we all get some breakfast, and then hit the road? What do you all say?"

He turned to Ki, looking her in the eyes. "Ready to go home?"

Reiko
06-07-07, 02:37 PM
The kits whined as they heard that they couldn't eat the candy yet. Doji smiled at them and brushed them with her tails. "You won't enjoy the candy as much now. After lunch it'll taste better, I promise." The vixen disarmed her kits from further complaint. "Anyways lets go home, I could use a rest." Doji winked at Seth and caused Ai to giggle.

The other kitsune knew what Ki wanted since she saw the ronin reiko with Seth, so close to giving herself completely. There was a tinge of pain in Ai's heart but she was just glad not to be alone and simply tried to keep her head up and see humor in Ki's behavior.

But in the end they all headed home on a journey that was thankfully uneventful. Doji had a spring in her step and quickened her pace when she saw some of the funny looking cherry trees that marked the boundary of her home, they were always in bloom no matter what season it was and they were the only sakura trees in that part of the forest.

Once she reached the quaint little house with sliding doors and paper inner walls, Doji felt much better, she ran into the kitchen and made a quick lunch for everyone, some kitsune udon that was hastily prepared with fox magic. Not much but a nice little meal and not much else. Doji was feeling excited and slurped the whole bowel of noodle soup quickly and looked at the kits, they slept well and had some energy left after the trek back. "How about you two show Ai the really nice flower fields and make her a thank you gift for the candy." Ki suggested.

"That's perfect!" Chiyo said happily and Ryo nodded with his sister but trying to look disinterested but he wasn't complaining so probably liked the idea.

Ai smiled and wagged her snow white tails, she figured that it would be good to let Ki and Seth alone, they probably wouldn't be so overt careless about it if they got it out of their system. "Yeah, I think picking flowers will be nice." She giggled and playfully led the kits away, doing well to hide her sadness.

Doji waved goodbye to her kits and new friend as they left and looked at Seth with a slight smile as she waited for them to be gone. "I guess we better make good use of this chance." Doji giggled as she tried to shapechange her kimono into a ruby bikini and making her smile more sensual. "Shall we stay here or take it to my room or the hot spring?" Ki asked as she moved to quickly kiss Seth and give him some time to think.

(hey feel free to bunny Ki)

The Archer
06-07-07, 10:08 PM
He kissed her back, letting his hands travel her firm, smooth body even as the kitsune's hands raked through his fur. At this distance, she was all he could smell, all he could taste, and all he could feel. He wasn't listening for anything other than her, and when his eyes opened, he wasn't looking at anything but her.

He grinned at her as the kiss ended, slowly letting his rough tongue travel down her neck and then gently nipping her shoulder. He looked up into her pale violet eyes, letting his ears flick forward. She saw him watching him, wanting him. He saw it in her eyes, and smelled it from her body.

"Lady Ki," he murmured into her hair, "had you but asked it of me, I would have risked your children catching us back at camp."

He let his gentle nips travel down her shoulder to her neck, and then downwards until he met her bikini top, before standing back up straight. He let his hand travel up from her side to cup her cheek as he kissed her again.

"Unless, you want to move somewhere else...I'd be perfectly content to stay here."

She looked surprised, for a moment, and then she gave him a grin that told him she was up for anything. In short order, their clothes lay in a heap, and the two foxes were entwined in a mass of tails and limbs that sounded like moans and growls.

Afterward he held her as her tails wound around both of them, just breathing in her scent. He chuckled softly, and kissed her again when she looked up to ask him what was so funny.

"I guess this means I haven't over-stayed my welcome." He nuzzled her cheek with his nose, smelling the sweat in her hair and tasting it on her skin as he licked up her neck and cheek once more. "Come on...the kits and Ai will be returning soon, so we should probably get our clothes back on."

Reiko
06-08-07, 08:36 PM
Doji just wanted to stay there on the floor, embracing Seth as she felt his body. Just to feel the firm muscles under soft fur and the kiss him and feel her tongue dance with his partially vulpine tongue and feel him licking her sensitive body. They were done making love but Ki wanted to go again, but she was rather tired.

She simply stayed to hold Seth, as her nose smelled their sweat, spiked with Pheromones. The kitsune mother felt a little guilty since there was no way to hide the smell of their sex and Ki was sure that Ai and the kits would easily notice, it would be the next worse thing to getting caught red handed like this. Thankfully Seth spoke before Ki could let guilt take over and the thoughts of love came back. “If you overstayed you’d be seeing the Onitachi naked and not me.” Doji kissed Seth Deeply and scratched one of his fox ears; she like her ears rubbed as well but that would be up to him. “But you’re right. I want to fall asleep with you but I don’t want the kits to see us like this. I’m not ready to explain it.” Ki giggled and she pushed up to remove herself, though soon her sound was a whimper but either way she was soon able to move, with a little bit of pain.

Ki went to grab her clothes and found that they had reverted to the base cloth. Ki turned them into a simple kimono, she yawned and was ready to just head for but first put some water on the fire for tea. “Care for some tea?” Ki asked as she added some green tea with jasmine to soak and add its fragrance to the room. “I really don’t think there’s anything else to do about the smell. Guess I’ll apologize to Ai in the morning for being a rude host that puts her own base desires first.” Ki said as much to Seth as her self as she shook her head and poured a cup of tea and drank it quickly, giving her heart a warm feeling before kissing Seth. “Good night love, sorry I for going to sleep like this but I didn’t get any last night, maybe tomorrow we can get some real privacy and make love as long as we want.” Ki really hoped for that and she smiled thinking it might come true. Finally Ki bowed and took her blade and headed to her room and laid the blade beside her bed and drifted to sleep and dream of being with Seth.

(Spoils: Ki kimono is upgrade to shift its shape. It’s capable from becoming clothing and armor from a bikini to medium samurai armor. It retains the magic defense though a form like a kimono is best against magic as it covers more. Cloth parts are Sifan and metal parts are Damascus.)

The Archer
06-08-07, 09:46 PM
Seth put on his own pants as Ki tied her kimono back around herself, and grinned as he thought about carrying her off to her room to go again...but she did have a right to be tired, and he was still sore from where a couple of his ribs hadn't exactly set correctly.

He kissed her as she went off to bed, and wrapped his arms around her from behind before she could completely leave the room. "If we find real privacy tomorrow, I'll make love to you until you tell me to stop." He gently kissed her cheek and let her go. "Sleep well, Ki. I'm sure Ai and I can take care of the kits for one night, and you've earned the rest."

When she was gone, he made himself a cup of tea and opened up the doors to let the air move through and carry away a bit more of the tell-tale scent. That done, he went to sit outside and wait for the kits and Ai to return.

His thoughts turned to Salvar, specifically, to his twin sister. I have a family now, Danica. I hope you can find one as well. The thought of family was enough to bring a smile to his thin black lips. All wasn't lost for him, just because he wasn't human anymore.

((Spoils: two arrows, materials at judge's discretion, enchanted to deal extra damage to monsters and monster types.

Lose 2 iron-tipped arrows.

NPC: Ai -- Kitsune, white, 5'4". Abilities: minor shapeshifting, kitsune lore. Higher magics locked due to trauma, to be unlocked as she moves past the grief of losing her family. To be shared with Reiko as long as Ki and Seth are a couple.))

Atzar
06-14-07, 01:17 PM
No real general comments. I’ll get straight to the important stuff.

Continuity: You didn’t give me much background information, but then again I didn’t really need it. I would have liked to know a little more about Seth, though, like how he came to Ki and why he was changed. I felt like he was a bit mysterious throughout the entire quest. 5

Setting: I had a basic idea of what was around you. Using the cherry trees as a means to distinguish Ki’s property was a nice touch. You guys didn’t go above and beyond here, but it was solid. 6

Pacing: The story flowed nicely for the most part. There were certain things that I’d take issue with, though. You’d generally like to make the main conflict of the story – Ai’s rescue and the wolf demon’s subsequent death – a little longer. In a story, length is a good measure of importance, and what I felt should be the main event was over in a snap. 5

Dialogue: I thought it was a little on the unremarkable side. I found myself able to predict much of the conversation. You earned an extra point, however, for one particular line: “Mommy? Why’s she crying? She’s not hungry, won’t eat anything.” I thought that line showed more of Ryo’s personality, the childish innocence and ignorance, than the rest of the quest in its entirety. 6

Action: Predictable. The fact that you revealed the main plot of the story in the first paragraph was a bit lacking in finesse, and there were no twists to speak of. I’d recommend that you either cover the main plot or throw in some unexpected turns. When everything turns out exactly like the reader expects it to turn out, it’s a bit of a letdown. 4

Persona: The characters were one-dimensional to me. Also, I have one particular point of grievance. When the kids began to wrestle “due to boredom” after the three kappas attacked, alarm bells rang in my head. What kid is going to be bored after an event like that? Any kid in that situation would probably be scared to death, and play would be the last thing on his mind. 4

Mechanics: Solid on Archer’s end, no so much on Reiko’s end. There were lots of run-ons, a few times where sentences just ended abruptly, some misspellings and capital letters where they didn’t belong. Go back a few days after a post and read it again for this sort of stuff. Or, if he/she’s willing, ask your partner to read it for you. Peer editing is a great way to correct mistakes and learn in the process. 5

Technique: Like I said earlier, revealing the plot at the word ‘go’ was a bit tactless. Other than that, nothing worth noting here. 5

Clarity: Archer had one line of dialogue that didn’t make sense to me, and Reiko had a few sentences that didn’t go anywhere. No major complaints, though – well done on the whole. 7

Wild Card: Take an extra couple of points here because I think the categories were a little hard on you. 7

Total Score: 54

Congratulations!

All requested spoils are granted, as long as they’re approved by RoG at level-up. Archer, the arrows have Cyper shafts and Damascus heads.

The Archer gains 1050 EXP and 325 GP.
Reiko gains 3000 EXP and 325 GP.

Letho
06-16-07, 11:53 AM
EXP/GP added! Reiko, welcome to the next level.