PDA

View Full Version : Ni Ten Ichi Ryu

Honda Masakatsu
04-12-06, 03:32 PM
Ok I know I dont have the money but uniforms are what you wearing for now but lets get to the topic at hand

What is the Clan about?: Although it stands to reason that a samurai should be mindful of the Way of the Samurai, it would seem that we are all negligent. Consequently, if someone were to ask, "What is the true meaning of the Way of the Samurai?" the person who would be able to answer promptly is rare. This is because it has not been established in one's mind beforehand. From this, one's unmindfulness of the Way can be known.
Negligence is an extreme thing.
The Way of the Samurai is found in death. When it comes to either/or, there is only the quick choice of death. It is not particularly difficult. Be determined and advance. To say that dying without reaching one's aim is to die a dog's death is the frivolous way of sophisticates. When pressed with the choice of life or death, it is not necessary to gain one's aim.
We all want to live. And in large part we make our logic according to what we like. But not having attained our aim and continuing to live is cowardice. This is a thin dangerous line. To die without gaming one's aim is a dog's death and fanaticism. But there is no shame in this. This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai. If by setting one's heart right every morning and evening, one is able to live as though his body were already dead, he pains freedom in the Way. His whole life will be without blame, and he will succeed in his calling.

A man is a good retainer to the extent that he earnestly places importance in his master. This is the highest sort of retainer. If one is born into a prominent family that goes back for generations, it is sufficient to deeply consider the matter of obligation to one's ancestors, to lay down one's body and mind, and to earnestly esteem one's master. It is further good fortune if, more than this, one has wisdom and talent and can use them appropriately. But even a person who is good for nothing and exceedingly clumsy will be a reliable retainer if only he has the determination to think earnestly of his master. Having only wisdom and talent is the lowest tier of usefulness.

Ranks
Dayimo-Honda Masakatsu (Clan amount: 1)
Retanier-(Clan amount: 2)
Samurai-
jizamurai-
Ronin-
heimin-
Yari-
Doshin-

kishomon(clan saying)
I have no parents; I make the Heavens and the Earth my parents.
I have no home; I make the Tan T'ien my home.
I have no divine power; I make honesty my Divine Power.
I have no means; I make Docility my means.
I have no magic power; I make personality my Magic Power.
I have neither life nor death; I make A Um my Life and Death.
I have no body; I make Stoicism my Body.
I have no eyes; I make The Flash of Lightning my eyes.
I have no ears; I make Sensibility my Ears.
I have no limbs; I make Promptitude my Limbs.
I have no laws; I make Self-Protection my Laws.

I have no strategy; I make the Right to Kill and the Right to Restore Life my Strategy.
I have no designs; I make Seizing the Opportunity by the Forelock my Designs.
I have no miracles; I make Righteous Laws my Miracle.
I have no principles; I make Adaptability to all circumstances my Principle.
I have no tactics; I make Emptiness and Fullness my Tactics.

I have no talent; I make Ready Wit my Talent.
I have no friends; I make my Mind my Friend.
I have no enemy; I make Incautiousness my Enemy.
I have no armour; I make Benevolence my Armour.
I have no castle; I make Immovable Mind my Castle.
I have no sword; I make No Mind my Sword.

Politeness
Politeness is expected of all Ni Ten Ichi Ryu, in all walks of life. Many verbs have both a normal and a polite form. Honorifics are often appended to names to indicate that the speaker shows proper respect for the person to whom he is speaking. Good form and proper etiquette in performing any act are well regarded.

Always remeber
When one is serving officially or in the master's court, he should not think of a hundred or a thousand people, but should consider only the importance of the master. Nor should he draw the line at his own life or anything else he considers valuable. Even if the master is being phlegmatic and one goes unrecognized, he should know that he will surely have the divine protection of the kami and Buddhas.

Retirement
It is common for a member of the Ni Ten Ichi Ryu to retire from daily life in his later years, to shave his head and become a monk. The person takes the vows of a priest of his chosen religion, usually Buddhist. His behavior is subject to the strictures of Buddhism. Rather than actually taking on the religious activity of a normal priest, the retired person devotes time to meditation or the arts. Becoming a monk in this fashion is a statement that the person is preparing for his death rather than embarking on a new course of life. Such a course is an admirableone for a samurai who has lived a full, adventurous life.
Some samurai (particularly devious, politically oriented lords) profess to retire and become "monks", yet remain active in the world. Such characters may become initiates or priests of their religion and still lead an active political and military life. The realties of such a life will often leave such a character in sin or a state of pollution so that he will have no access to divine magic. In this he resembles the sohei of some Buddhist sects; but unlike the sohei, he follows his own will and does not have the sanction of religious superiors for actions not in accord with standard religious doctrines. Such actions may in fact incur the displeasure of those same religious overlords, leaving the "monk" cut off from the gods - although his military and political powers may more than make up for the lack.

A clan member may, at some point in his life, desire to take a more religious path for reasons other than retirement. Such a freely chosen course may be taken as long as the character can meet the requirements to become an initiate or priest of the chosen religion. He receives the benefits of, and must observe the rules of, his religion.

Ni Ten Ichi Ryu are ordered to "shave their heads" as a punishment rather than commit seppuku.

prasilly
08-18-06, 10:57 AM
Hey I just joined up and was wondering how I can get into the game so I can join your clan? Your speech was inspiring and everything you said was very right! Thank you for your time, I can't wait to fight along your side! Good Bye.

sincerely,
Prasilly