PDA

View Full Version : Greeting!

orphans
03-08-07, 11:01 PM
Hello to whoever is reading this! I'm new here (... well I guess that was obvious) and somewhat overwhelmed. This is my first time roleplaying in a forum of this size so, please be patient with me as I stumble along. I haven't quite decided on what sort of character I will be playing yet, but hopefully that will change by this weekend.

A question relating to actually creating a character: I read in the faq that we are able to make(?) a race of some sort that isn't part of the list provided. If we do, should we also include a detailed history of the race? Also, when writing the history of your character, would it be proper to do more research into the world of Althanas or is the user allowed to make a general history? Curiosity strikes me once again :x

The remotely interesting things about myself are that I like to garden (vegetables and flowers), befriend the neighborhood stray cats, watch things float on water, scribble on paper, scribble on my computer, and... I'll stop now.

Elrundir
03-08-07, 11:41 PM
Oh no, don't scribble on your computer. That's just a waste of good technology.

As to your questions: Yes, you can make up a race, no you don't have to include a detailed history of the race (though some information on the race would be a good idea; I can't say exactly how much the ROG mods will require from you), and your history can be general, though it doesn't hurt to impress the mods with a history that shows you've read up on Althanas a bit, and that will also ease your transition into RPing here in the long run, since the regions will seem a little more familiar to you. It's up to you though.

Welcome to the site!

orphans
03-09-07, 12:58 PM
Ah! I see, I think. Thank you for answering me so quickly. I'm guessing it'll be alright if I have the details of the race in the same post as my character, correct? Hopefully it'll keep things neat. :D I'll probably start making my character when I get back from my test which is in... now D:

Zook Murnig
03-09-07, 01:18 PM
Yeah, it's usually done that way. Go ahead and post your race's physical description and basic stuff about it in the character thread. And don't bother submitting it for judgment. That button is for quests and battles, not character registration. RoG mods are pretty good about getting to your profile as soon as possible, unlike the mods on other forums, like GUA.

And write well. I hope you do. We need more amazing authors.

orphans
03-09-07, 03:01 PM
Wah. I feel the pressure already :x I can flat out say that I am not amazing but that I hope to develop and grow during my stay here. With help from everyone here, I think I'll scrape by.

:D In other news! I think I did well on my test. Kinda.

Reiko
03-09-07, 04:32 PM
hihi and welcome.

Don't worry about writing skill and definitely don't worry about score. Take a few tips the judges give you but remember it's there opinion and other people like different things. Just do your best and have fun, that's all that matters.

Die Sieben
03-09-07, 04:42 PM
Hello, welcome, hi, ect.

Enjoy your stay. :)

Elrundir
03-09-07, 05:08 PM
Absolutely don't worry about how well you write at this point. I can tell you, development will come naturally. I was pretty bad off when I started on Althanas, so I have first-hand experience. ;)

grim137
03-09-07, 05:31 PM
Wah. I feel the pressure already :x I can flat out say that I am not amazing but that I hope to develop and grow during my stay here. With help from everyone here, I think I'll scrape by.

Don't worry if you're not that great of a writer when you start. I know a lot of people here who are now considered good writers (myself included) that were pretty horrible when they first came to this site. So yeah oh and welcome and if any strangers give you cookies I highly advise against eating them regardless of how big their breasts or reavealing their cloths are.

orphans
03-09-07, 06:09 PM
Don't worry if you're not that great of a writer when you start. I know a lot of people here who are now considered good writers (myself included) that were pretty horrible when they first came to this site. So yeah oh and welcome and if any strangers give you cookies I highly advise against eating them regardless of how big their breasts or reavealing their cloths are.

Mother said to never take things from strangers because they will always contain hidden dangers. ^^

Thank you for the warning though? Then again.... I do like cookies... especially oatmeal!

Edit: Oh, if anyone would like to chat and get the wheel in my head turning, I'm usually on MSN. Talk about things and whatnots to get ideas going I guess.