PDA

View Full Version : The NPCs That Live In Althanas!

orphans
03-18-07, 09:35 PM
I was thinking, yes, we all have our characters and things or NPCs that are like our PC's pet/helper/side kick type deal, but what about all those random NPC's that have been forgotten!

Any how, just as a curious experiement, post an NPC that you've encountered in your adventures and is now either dead or forgotten or still alive and kicking but not quite enough to be a character on his/her own!

Zook Murnig
03-18-07, 11:35 PM
Well... I have a couple NPC's that Caduceus hasn't met in any threads yet. One of them he's never met, and never will (or will he?) because he's dead (or is he?). The Other one is his old master (as in instructor) in the Qaballah.

Chic Cicero - Caduceus Grimaldi's former mentor.
Keyei - Elder of Tel'Han, Master of the Air element.
Israel Regardie - Former mentor to Chic Cicero and Keyei. Ipsissimus (highest order of the Qaballah) magician. Presumed dead of old age.
Ruri - Elder of Tel'Han, Master of the Water element.

Koran
03-19-07, 02:03 AM
Garen : Slave trader, owner of the character Sorahn. Now deceased. Death by spinal tap decapitation. In other words, cut his throat and then ripped the spinal cord out of his body in addition to his head.

Dissinger
03-19-07, 02:07 AM
Mother

Bio - Sarah began life growing up in Lavinya as a thief. Former lover to Seth Dahlios she and he split ways after a traumatizing incident involving her being captured by the guard. She know rests in peace in lavinya, killed by teh cousin of Seth Dahlios.

Darith Shagath

Mysterious Guild Master of the Lavinian Thieves Guild, Darith functions as a mentor and friend to Seth. Currently he's staying in his guild house waiting for the return of Seth Dahlios, in order to help him with the next chapter of his life.

Zerith
03-19-07, 02:12 AM
I'm in the same position Zook is. I have a bunch of NPC's just waiting to be introduced in future thread. In the meantime I do have some that have appeared or been mentioned in a quest or two, and one that has appeared quite often.

Zevernus - Z-Man's best friend and somewhat of a 'brother' to him as well. Though he usually causes some sort of problem for Zerith. He eventually pay back Zerith by helping him with a favor.

Sevelakath - Zerith daddy. He'll make at least one more appearance in a quest alongside...

Sonja- Z-Man's mommy. I haven't placed her in a quest yet, but she'll make an appearance sometime soon.

There are others, but I really don't want to list them all.

orphans
03-19-07, 02:13 AM
Alright! Well, if anyone has read the threads I'm in some of the npcs are as follows. I'll edit this list but for now I think these are all the notable npcs that my character has encountered.

Kindly Lady (Holly Ciders) - She runs the orphanage at Underwood. All around motherly figure, very kind especially to children, knows basic herbology, and even rumored to have once been a foreign soldier of some repute. She is physically fit, her hair has begun to grey a little from the normal brown, and is about 5'6.

Old Jacob (Jacob Stonsholder)- A jovial but rather absent minded man. A merchant by profession, he stocks the local sundries at one of the many stores in Underwood for the lumberjacks. He is a bulky man but well muscled with a height of 6'3 and bald with a mustache.

Fish Merchant (Harold Knobs)- Greedy, loud, rude and just plain nasty but not violent and quite the coward to anyone he percieves stronger than him or when threatened. He is also rather round, stand at a height of 5'7 with greasy hair usually with a bit of fish guts and oil.

Tenhali - The name of a person/place/thing mentioned in Azza's dreams and nightmares. When asked about what the word means, the girl seems to have no recollection whatsoever.

EDIT: Added names to the people. Added an NPC

grim137
03-19-07, 09:42 AM
Master Hamaska: Never named until now (the thread he was in was written in the first person and he was always refeered to as the geezer) he owns a secretive dojo in a nation that I can't remember the name of (it was an asia based nation that the staff got rid of). The old man is a master of the sword and despite his seemingly old age, he is stronger and faster than most humans. He seems to have knowledge of the arcane and other worlds (as was shown when he recogonized the name of my character's sword's creator) and has the ability to shape shift.

Nerva Dermache: The wood elf girl who, along with her family, nursed Tarry back to health when he first arrived on Althanas. She lives in a small wood elfin, lumberjack village in Concordia. I've had a lot of storyline ideas for her but I never went through with any of them.

Lestat Vermeshi: A powerful high elfin vampire, he is one of the nine vampire lords (one rank below the elders). Well over nine hundred years old, he is current Tarry's sire. The former leader of an ancient group of holy knights in Raiaera, he is one of the few vampire's who is quite skilled in both holy and song magic. His sword skills are incridible espescially when combined with his massive strength and speed. He owns a large mansion in Salvar. Unlike Tarry, Lestat does not hate humans and considers them equals with vampires. He is kind hearted, with a strong sense of morality and code of honor that he follows.

These are just the non generic good guys NPCs that I can think of (I'll search through some of my cache'd old threads to find more later), with Lestat being the most important and most used. I'll post some evil ones later.

The Valkyrie
03-19-07, 11:17 AM
Well for this character, all the Norse gods are pretty awesome. One of the first set of NPC's she met was the Norn, which are the Norse version of the fates. Then of course she's always running into Death, and of course Loki.

Natalya meets lots of NPCS, but Vedra and Vedra's son Kadran were pretty messed up individuals - she's on her way to put an end to Vedra as we speak. Kadran was her sister's master who traded Anya for Natalya and then did some pretty sick things. Vedra is Kadrans mother who broke Anya's mind so she would submit to Kadran.

Skyler has the entire Radasanth Crime Syndicate, namely Deacon, that she's been dealing with. And Hawk her mentor.

Christina Bredith
03-19-07, 01:22 PM
Jordan and Janine Bredith - Christina's doting parents! Both officers in the Coronian army, neither wanted that life for her, and their denial of her wish to join the army merely fuelled her desire to learn by any means necessary - including teaching herself. When their home city of Laricia was overtaken by orcs, they were among the soldiers who fought back, alongside their daughter. Presumed deceased. Christina's red uniform with gold trim belonged to her mother.

Bianca - Christina's cousin. A strange girl, shy and reclusive, she obeys her father unquestioningly. Unexpectedly skilled with a sword herself, she was ordered to take Rosebite from Christina by force, and failed.

Henry - Christina's uncle. Seemingly a nice man who was willing to take her in after her parents' deaths - even though he somehow knew about them faster than news could possibly travel. He was willing to take Rosebite from Christina by any means necessary. The reason remains unclear, though he seemed to know more about it than he let on.

Huh, I guess that's all I've really introduced so far...

Yamihara
03-21-07, 01:39 AM
Hey, ya can't forget the owner of the Peaceful Promenade! ...Or was that just me?

Pops - Nonchalant owner of the Peaceful Promenade. Slightly overweight, starting to go bald with enough brown hair to cover it up, and usually gruff face. Likes to dip into his own tap once and a while. ^_^; He's a kindly person, but he doesn't like to show it.

"Blondie" - A waitress working part-time in the Peaceful Promenade. Not your ditzy dumb blonde, but a rather absent-minded girl in her late teens. Blonde, busty and usually getting all the wolf calls from the barflies.

I'll see if the others have more to add.

*Runs off to get Murakama and Master Raven to post in here*

Corvus MacCallum
03-21-07, 08:52 AM
Francis the High Pitched of Corath Springs: Hired to send out messages by the Lord Carth... met Corvus and wound up suffering a very painful wedgie and hung from a barsign, has since recovered the ability to walk but his vocal chords were too distressed and his general panic at what the next person will do to him has led to a high pitched voice of rampant panic.

Bob (deceased in present time): A monster slayer with whom Corvus travelled about with, a thick accent gained from the northern Salvar plains, a huge man of almost seven foot in height and weilder of a double-headed axe named Belthor. Had the curious habit of letting the axe cut him now and again in fights just stating 'ee wuz mekin up fer it'. Heavy drinker and pretty portly around the gut.

Grimnor (deceased in present time): A famous fop of a howler, someone who just loved to show the ladies how while all the others were steeped in blood he came back with narry a scratch... something of a coward but was kept on in the group simply for his very recognizable scream... a sign when the dragon was coming towards the ambush parties. His great great grand-father was actually a french painter that wound up in Althanas during the Terror and the accent stayed strong in the blood-line.