PDA

View Full Version : Strike Up The Band And Break Out The Wrestling Midgits

Zook Murnig
03-21-07, 10:57 PM
Cause I passed. Licensed to Practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse. I didn't come up with the wording there, so don't blame me.

It took me two tries and about a year's worth of freak-outs packed into a few months time, but I passed. Had to answer every last one of the 205 possible questions, but I passed. I almost passed out from hunger in the middle of the test because my idiot mother made me breakfast and only cooked scrambled eggs before the test, but I passed.

Let me say it one more time.

I FREAKING PASSED!!!

EDIT: Now I just have to find a job...

Garwocket
03-21-07, 11:00 PM
Freakin' A! Good job man. I wanted to go that route for a bit, but decided that blood and gore of the hospital's not my forte.

Congrats!

Reiko
03-21-07, 11:00 PM
hey congrats, that should help you get a good job.

Hope thingsw go well, you have a good start.

Zook Murnig
03-21-07, 11:11 PM
I'm gonna see if I can find a job specifically in Pediatrics. Have some kids pullin' on my goatee that aren't family. It's too bad they don't have any openings at St. Mary's, where Kaleigh was born, in Ped's.

Karuka
03-21-07, 11:14 PM
Kids are fun. And as I said on AIM, congrats.

Lucien
03-21-07, 11:33 PM
Midget. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Midgets)

It's not midgit. That sounds odd and slightly German.

Zook Murnig
03-21-07, 11:42 PM
I mispell it on purpose, referencing the creation of the world by the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It was done with a mountain, a tree, and a "midgit."

AdventWings
03-22-07, 01:24 AM
High-five, Zook~!

Now that you have a license, scout around and I'm sure you'll find one soon enough. ^_^

Thou shalt receive what thou seeketh.

The Writing Writer
03-22-07, 02:15 AM
Freakin' A! Good job man. I wanted to go that route for a bit, but decided that blood and gore of the hospital's not my forte.

Congrats!

lol i member u and i talked about that! ^^

Congrats to you Zook. You're officially much smarter than me.

Zerith
03-22-07, 02:23 AM
Congrats Zook, I know how tough that test is.

Not because I'm a nurse, but because my mother and great aunt are. I still remember how stress by mom was that day.

Either way, good luck with finding a job. I hope you find one soon.

Letho
03-22-07, 06:53 AM
Am I the only one who believes that nurses should all be young, hot, redhead and very very female? :P

Aryr de Morte
03-22-07, 07:18 AM
Am I the only one who believes that nurses should all be young, hot, redhead and very very female? :P

Yes.

Congrats Zook. :)

The Writing Writer
03-22-07, 08:04 AM
I gotta agree with Letho on this one. red heads....mmm.....

Zook Murnig
03-22-07, 11:14 AM
Part of the appeal of the job. :p That and the hot chicks need someone to take care of them. :D

In all honesty, however, hot nurses are a rare commodity around here, except at St. Mary's. I LOVE that hospital.

Artifex Felicis
03-22-07, 11:18 AM
Congrats mate. I hope it'll all work out. Then again, you're well trained for a needed job, so I expect it will. Now to only pray that you don't lose activity as well.

Ithermoss
03-23-07, 05:11 AM
Congrats. Male nurse huh? What happens when your kid asks you what you did for a living, or when some other kid says "my dad can beat up your dad!"

"Well my dad's a male nurse!"

"... My dad can beat up five of your dads!"

Zook Murnig
03-23-07, 07:33 AM
What happens when your kid asks you what you did for a living, or when some other kid says "my dad can beat up your dad!"

That's where fifteen years of Tae Kwon Do come in handy.

Ithermoss
03-23-07, 09:20 PM
So you're going to TKD your kid's friend? Getting kids pregnant was one thing. ;)

aesculus
03-23-07, 09:40 PM
I'm gonna see if I can find a job specifically in Pediatrics. Have some kids pullin' on my goatee that aren't family. It's too bad they don't have any openings at St. Mary's, where Kaleigh was born, in Ped's.

I was in the pediatrics area at my moms work place for a work experience thing. It is scary seeing a c-section, but so facinating. I like the babies. But the older kids are cute just noisey.

Edit: You took tae kwan do?

Zook Murnig
03-23-07, 11:55 PM
Officially, it was labeled Tae Kwon Do, because that's what Grandmaster Dong specialized in. Unofficially, we learned just about everything. Katana, nunchaku, bo staff, knife, grappling, etc. Mostly kicks and punches, though. TKD is very kick-oriented.

aesculus
03-24-07, 12:02 AM
I noticed. Theres several people in my Karate class that took TKD before joining our school. Thier first move non-fail is a kick. Not a bad thing, only that it gets irritating and repetitive when they do that.

Karuka
03-24-07, 12:06 AM
Anyone else learning Shotokan?

aesculus
03-24-07, 12:13 AM
Anyone else learning Shotokan?

Uh... Nope. I study Goju.

Zook Murnig
03-24-07, 12:25 AM
Personally, I specialized in punches, katana, dagger, nunchaku, bo staff, and handshake-based grapples. Almost every friend I've had (save the smart ones) has had their hand nearly broken at least once by me.

All the other high-ranking members of my school were very leg-focused and tall, so their arms were long, too. Disadvantage at closer range, however. The shorter your arms, generally the faster they'll move. I'd leave bruises from my blocks, too. Lots of elbow and forearm use there.

Got up to second degree black belt. Quit a couple years ago, to save my parents some money, since I'd be moving on to college soon.