PDA

View Full Version : The Wraeththu Recruitment Thread

Aryr de Morte
03-24-07, 11:43 PM
Power Group Recruitment:

The Wraeththu

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f219/puffman7/WraeththuBrand-1.jpg

The Wraeththu (very crappy) Website: Click here (http://www.protopage.com/wraeththu) to see the website.

Eulaea (http://www.althanas.com/world/showpost.php?p=59277&postcount=2) for any references in the following post.

1 year ago...

House Morte defeats House Guerdu at the Battle of Gha, a large desert in Eulaea.
Shortly after, Aryr de Morte becomes Commander of the House Morte Royal Guard.
Aryr de Morte establishes an elite unit of fighters known as The Wraith.
The Wraith is defeated in battle by a single House J'nu warrior, Jaedax Milruq.
Commander Aryr de Morte swears revenge and chases after Jaedax who has a large number of followers.
Aryr de Morte defeats Jaedax in a one-on-one duel.
Aryr de Morte goes missing for nearly three months.
Aryr de Morte returns to the House Morte capital, greeted as a hero. House J'nu is losing ground because of his overall plan.
Being taken to the front to combat House J'nu again, Aryr de Morte captures a prisoner traveling with the J'nu Forces who lagged behind. He claims to be a merchant from a land called Salvar.
Aryr takes the man's sea chart and departs after defeating House J'nu at the Battle of F'vai.

3 months ago...

Aryr de Morte arrives in Salvar and meets a minotaur by the name of Vroth.
Eventually travels to Fallien, taking part in the battle for Irrakam.

Present day...

Aryr de Morte receives a message from his father, the High Priest. Included in the message are enough funds to buy a manor. The High Priest commands that The Wraith be resurrected and tells Aryr de Morte to establish a position in the continent of Corone.

After traveling to Corone from Fallien, Aryr buys a manor that will serve the purpose of bringing the Wraith back to life. Three days after settling in, a man approaches the building. Wearing the purple and wielding the belongings of a Royal Guardsman. It is Soa J'nu, the companion whom Aryr had been closest to as a soldier. Upon entering, Soa informs Aryr of his new part in the soon-to-be Wraith. As his first soldier, Soa is given the position of Captain.

Aryr renames The Wraith to The Wraeththu, a Eulaean word meaning "specter of the past"

Aryr receives funds from "nobles who would benefit from the cause of the Wraeththu." Their names are unknown but Aryr makes use of the money and builds his own stable next to the manor, no horses are kept yet.

Aryr receives more funds, which seem endless. He uses the money to construct a small and barely functional smithy, capable of only making minor repairs to armor and weapons of average quality.

Using the rest of the funds, Aryr buys 1 horse and enough feed to support it.

Currently Aryr is on the search for warriors. Along the way, he writes to Code of The Wraeththu.

The Code of The Wraeththu:

~No warrior of The Wraeththu shall dishonor another.
~No warrior of The Wraeththu shall steal from his companions nor The Wraeththu in its entirety.
~No warrior of The Wraeththu shall run from battle.
~No warrior of The Wraeththu shall mutiny.
~No warrior of The Wraeththu shall challenge the Commander's orders.
~No warrior of The Wraeththu shall be forgotten.

Requirements to join:

Anyone interested must be trained in the art of combat and be of adequate intelligence.

There will be three tests.

The Test of Knowledge:
This test varies depending on the mood of the Commander on any given day. It will involve speaking and writing, usually.

The Test of Strength:
This test will involve a short sparring match with the Commander.

The Test of Will:
Each member is required to brand themselves with the symbol of the Wraeththu on their chest, in the center of their left pectoral muscle for men, or on the left shoulder for women. Either a tattoo or actually using a brand (like they use on cows.) will suffice. The Brand of The Wraeththu (http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f219/puffman7/WraeththuBrand.jpg). (Picture is to scale.)

The intentions of the Wraeththu are highly secretive and unknown to even the recruits until they have passed the tests and become a full-fledged member of the order. The Wraeththu will not accept members if they are already part of another organization.

Finances:
The Wraeththu receive money from Eulaean nobles whose names are not known, the amount of money that comes in each cycle of the moon (month) varies depending on the progression The Wraeththu has made in achieving their goals. The more progress they make the more money they get to make improvements to their base of operations.

The base is located far into the countryside of Corone.

Due to the location, Aryr is in the process of hiring workers (will be all NPC's) to begin setting up small farms which will be leased to them. Stay tuned for more updates on this!

Ranking/Hierarchy:

Commander: Aryr de Morte
Captain: Soa J'nu (NPC, do I need to make a profile for him if he battles? Level 0 equivalent.)

Note that the exact intentions of the group are not known until becoming a member. Also, certain things will not be shared simply because if you quit, you would know information that could possibly be used against The Wraeththu.

---------------------------------------------------------

The Wraeththu Base of Operations:

The base is located in the plains of the countryside, it sticks out but is a long trek and one can easily become lost without a map or knowing the signs The Wraeththu have left for them.

The actual manor itself is about ten meters by fifteen meters (30 feet wide, 55 feet long). The door is solid oak and has a brass handle. The exterior wall is made of granite sent from Eulaea, which has a bland, beige color to it.

The main features of the house include:

Two story manor.
One toilet house located separately from the house out the back door.
Three bedrooms. (Only two are used, currently)
Large storeroom with steel door that locks, key is with Aryr.
Small smithy outside of the house, covered by a canvas ceiling, supported by small, stone pillars.
Constructed for easy expansion and addition.

Post here, PM, or IM me if you're interested in joining. Please read all of the crucial information above. Preferably read all of it! There is no fee or cut of your gold required to join. There will be more and more benefits as the group expands!

Currently in line to be 'tested':
Name/Recruitment Thread (if applicable)

Osato Feeding the Fire (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=4860)
Moonlit Raven
Reiko A Furry Friend (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=4895)
Rith
hamnat

Osato
03-25-07, 06:34 PM
I'm interested now, bothered by the fact that I can't figure out what's going on with the pg. My only question pertains to whether or not we will be able to get more people aboard this?

I hate joining pg's long enough to see them die, and then having to write it out of Osato's history and shite... lol

Aryr de Morte
03-25-07, 06:39 PM
Nothing is permanent as of right now. Because of the upgrading of the vBulletin software, handling the PG list in the profile menu is buggy. Serilliant is working on his spam filter right now rather than that, I think.

There will be an initiation thread of sorts involving the 3 tests. I'll send you a PM or catch you on AIM regarding specifics. Once you take part it this though, I'll consider you a member despite the fact we can't select The Wraeththu in our profiles yet.

I'll be updating info on the PG soon.

Aryr de Morte
03-26-07, 07:51 AM
Minor updates made:

Website (very crappy one though) is up. Link can be found in the initial post.
Waiting list, I've PM'd Osato with minor info
Raven will be PM'd in the next day or two.
Information on the Wraeththu base added.

Osato
03-26-07, 06:55 PM
aight, that site has nothing on it for me... And I'm not sure which account you sent it to, but I have nothing on this or Dirge...

Rith
03-26-07, 08:39 PM
I'd be interested in joining. I may not be the best fighter of the sorts yet. But I'm sure having your own Blacksmith would work wonders for that small smithy you have out back (am I trying to persuade you, obviously).

Osato
03-26-07, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I like blacksmithing and such...

I'm thinkin' that I want to have Osato work towards being a blacksmith, because I love having character's with occupations.

Also, these intro threads... what's there objective? Just the three basics? I'm going to bother you on AIM soon enough, and steal your brains for my questioning needs... w00

Rith
03-26-07, 09:09 PM
Ah yes, my solo is actually about smithing and things of the related nature. So it'll be rather boring unelss you're actually interested in things like that, and on top of my writing style, I'll probably bore myself out of reading it. But, I'm looking to improve so, this is just something else I can get my virtual pad all virtually inked up upon.

Reiko
03-26-07, 09:10 PM
hey I might join but I was wondering if could circumvent a couple of things that might not work for my character. I just don't see Ki getting a tattoo at all, she considers permanent stuff like that self mutilation. She could have a peice of jewelry with the symbol.

still sounds fun.

Aryr de Morte
03-27-07, 06:19 PM
I'd be interested in joining. I may not be the best fighter of the sorts yet. But I'm sure having your own Blacksmith would work wonders for that small smithy you have out back (am I trying to persuade you, obviously).

I'm anxious for members. For the initiation thread, all you're required to do is participate and do your best. I'm mostly looking to see that you're committed enough to be worth having in The Wraeththu. As the PG gains power the smithy will improve, having our own blacksmith would reduce cost, time, and effort (for everyone else). We'll discuss specifics soon, hopefully.

Also, these intro threads... what's there objective? Just the three basics? I'm going to bother you on AIM soon enough, and steal your brains for my questioning needs... w00

Yes, it will involve the 3 tests. In addition (we'll discuss specifics later, I won't be on AIM tonight), we'll just include a bit of history of how we met up and such, get a score for the thread and some gold, hopefully.

hey I might join but I was wondering if could circumvent a couple of things that might not work for my character. I just don't see Ki getting a tattoo at all, she considers permanent stuff like that self mutilation. She could have a peice of jewelry with the symbol.

It's possible, as with Osato and Rith, we can discuss later. (Sometime soon, hopefully. Dealing with all my threads and this PG is time consuming, taking everything one step at a time.)

If you have MSN and would like to talk that would be a ton of help. I'm on a computer some nights that doesn't have AIM and I don't want to clog it up by downloading it.

aquicky85@hotmail.com is my MSN name. Feel free to post, IM, PM any questions.

Sorry I can't answer everything for sure. Hopefully it will suffice for now.

Dirge
03-27-07, 07:22 PM
My msn is kyle.blomquist@us.army.mil I'm going to add you now, if you want to contact me on that just hit me up.

Aryr de Morte
03-27-07, 09:45 PM
Newest news: Soon to come is an update on the finances of The Wraeththu. The update will be in red on the initial information post. Not a long update but good to know stuff. :)

Aryr de Morte
03-29-07, 07:36 AM
The first testing thread is up, to keep track of what's going on and what your own may look like, click here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=4860).

The second is also up for Reiko, the thread can be found here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=4895)!

hamnat
04-06-07, 07:00 AM
Wow.... I am actually interested in joining a PG for the first time. I've been rather neutral up until now, but I do believe that this PG is calling me. :) Two questions though...

Do you think a mage could pass the test of strength, or is it difficult for even those of above average strength?

Also, do you think you would have need for an apothecary? Because that's what I am. :) If I can help in that way, I will...of course I'd need to join first. :P

Aryr de Morte
04-06-07, 07:50 AM
Do you think a mage could pass the test of strength, or is it difficult for even those of above average strength?

Aryr isn't a huge fan of magic but knows the power of it, there could be a test in its place. I'm mostly just looking for participation.

Also, do you think you would have need for an apothecary? Because that's what I am. If I can help in that way, I will...of course I'd need to join first. :P

Sure, Aryr can use some of the leftover money from this last month to get you any equipment (which would stay in The Wraeththu manor, mind you) to make any potions and whatnot.

I'll PM you sometime soon with more.

Rith
04-06-07, 11:56 AM
Aryr, I'm back and if you go ahead and start a thread for me I'll get to it after I catch up on my other ones.

Aryr de Morte
04-28-07, 12:52 PM
So here's the deal, once I get everything of mine straightened out at home (which is soon, I hope.) I'll begin picking up the pace on the current threads, then once those are finished I'll start up any that are pending. Thanks for showing interest everyone.

Dirge
04-28-07, 02:09 PM
After my thread with Os, if you need any help I'll be glad to throw up a thread or two...