PDA

View Full Version : The Hunt for the Blood Sword

Gavius
03-29-07, 02:21 PM
The ship lurched heavily upon finally stopping. Each board seemed to scream it's displeasure as the boat was tied and anchored in. All around the docked vessel, life gleamed in simplicity- it had not been burdened down by the harsh reality of politics. Men wore worn garments of cloth, their chests shimmering with sweat under the harsh sun. Women bartered with merchants and all things seemed to be in good fashion. The thick air seemed to hang with the scent of sea water. It seemed hard to even imagine that such a place could house a group of pirates. A majority of the dock was covered in crates or barrels, and the lanes of walking space that was available was usually occupied rather heavily by a group of citizens.

They had finally reached Alerar. How he had been lucky enough to earn passage to such a place, Gavius did not relish the thought of remembering. All that he knew was that his pockets were a good deal lighter, and his spirits a good deal damper. Of course, his sullen mood came not from the loss of good coin, but rather from his first time aboard a boat. It was as if some dark sorcerer himself had focused all his negative energy upon the tiny vessel, titled Drunken Soldier. The name seemed bitterly ironic, after it had been tossed about like a man who had already enjoyed his fair share of mead.

Knees quivering, Gavius stepped carefully onto the docks of Etheria Port, trying to appear as composed as possible amongst the guildmates of the Black Sails Armada. His stomach was finally beginning to settle, and now that it had he was more able to focus on the task at hand. He had not traveled through Hell simply to enjoy the fine scenery and comforts of the dark elf homeland. There was much graver business to attend to.

"First and foremost," he whispered to himself, "I must find the library...or perhaps a tavern would be more suited to what I hope to find." Taking a step forward, the entire world seemed to shift in a different direction. The healer shook his head and tried to exhale slowly, allowing his body to flush out the last bits of the ocean's presence.

It did not take him long to find a pub suitable for his needs. A bit dingy, the Golden Blade appeared to be a good recruitment hub. The door squealed begrudgingly as it was edged open, and inside a rowdy crowd of adventurers and sailors alike unwound from their daily chores. Deep bellowing laughs echoed of the aged stone walls of the establishment and the smell of stale beer pricked at Gavius' nose. He thought he caught the brief stench of vomit in the air, but tried his best to focus on the lesser of the two evils.

Stepping towards the bar, Gavius tapped on it gently while he awaited the bartender's attention. Finally, the gangly elder edged his way towards the healer and gently requested his order.

"I suppose I'll have wine...nothing strong, something light and maybe a bit of cheese. Also, I would like to request the service of some-" the bartender cut him off with a sharp-nailed finger.

"Eh boy, that be yer job, not mine," he said, grinning a bit as he walked off to fulfill Gavius' wishes.

The healer stood in a bit of disarray, slightly unsure of how exactly to handle the situation. Stepping away from the bar and towards an empty table, he gingerly stepped upon it and cleared his throat.

"Erm...ex...excuse me!" he exclaimed audibly. "Excuse me!" he said again, making sure that he had the attention of a majority of the bar. Some of the grungy faces had turned to face him, but most just ignored his plight. "I am seeking a couple of able-bodied adventurers to aid me in a quest to search for a rare artifact! If...um, if you think are are able to help and we are successful, there will be a reward in it for you! I will pay you what I can!" And with that, he stepped down rather quickly. Not much of a public speaker, Gavius simply wished to give his piece and be done with it. Shuffling nervously back over to the bar, the tavern keep grinned at him and nodded, placing the cheese and wine in front of him.

"Make it last, lad, make it last."

sherin
03-29-07, 06:08 PM
Sherin had just arrived in a small tavern when a man stood up in front of everyone in the tavern and asked for people to help on a quest.

“Hmmm…sounds interesting… but, food comes first.”

‘Is that all you think about’ Shensho responds in annoyance.

“Well…no actually, that’s pretty much it.” And laughs.

‘Oh my god…’

“Yo barkeep some food over here please, doesn’t matter what as long as it’s hot.”

The barkeep grumbles his response, but even if he had talked straight to Sherin he wouldn’t have heard it, he was currently busy listening to Shensho tell about what this healer was doing.

“Sounds fun.” Sherin says with a smile, and heads toward the healer as soon as he has his food in hand.

“Hello Gavius, I’ll help you.”

Rith
03-29-07, 11:10 PM
After his travels in Scara Brae, Rith somehow wound up here in Alerar the previous day. Rith decided when he arrived that he would stick around the tavern to easedrop in to see what sort of things were happening in the area No real reason he wanted to listen in on the people of this new strange land, he merely wanted to find a quest with an ablebodied warrior and learn a bit of the history about the place while he waited. It wasn't long until Rith was downing his third glass of ale when he heard someone cause a bit of ruckus around the bar.

A middle-aged man of about 6 foot shouted, "Erm...ex...excuse me!"

Gah, so many drunkards can't even handle themselves with a slight buzz. Probably another drunk forgetting he already drank his beer, and that the bartender wasn't scamming him of his money.

The man shouted again, "Excuse me!"

This time, the man had Rith's attention. He turned his head towards him just to see just what this was all about.

Seemingly a bit nervous, the man spoke, "I am seeking a couple of able-bodied adventurers to aid me in a quest to search for a rare artifact! If...um, if you think are are able to help and we are successful, there will be a reward in it for you! I will pay you what I can!"

The man sat down again and turned back facing the bartend. Seems interesting, what what sort of artifact this is? He spoke of a reward, wonder if it's worth my time? Oh hell with it Rith, just go over and introduce yourself. It'll be worth your while, and at least you'll get to do a bit of exploring. Rith stood from his seat and walked over to the man and sat beside him at the counter.

"Bartender, another glass please." Rith turned and looked to the man and introduced himself, "Aye, my name's Rith sir, you seek help on an adventure so you say. If willing, I'm sure I could offer you my services?"

Gavius
03-30-07, 02:31 PM
Taken slightly aback at by the forwardness of the man who somehow knew his name, Gavius examined him up and down. Not the most common of fellows, the lack of iris' made him appear a bit mysterious and shady. The healer stroked his chin gently while thinking of a way to politely ask this man to leave. He was looking for able-bodied adventurers, not circus freaks.

"Erm...you aren't...well...what I mean is..." Gavius did his best to find a way to let the man down gently. For all he knew, this stranger could potentially be some sort of maniac. Of course, with what he had learned of his quest, that might make the stranger the perfect man for the job.

Sighing in defeat, Gavius nodded and motioned towards a table. "Please, sit down. I will explain the context of our journey and we shall be-" he was cut off by the appearance of another adventurer willing to risk his life for fame and glory, this one almost as strange as the first. He appeared to be some sort of strange halfbreed, though of what, Gavius could only guess. A bit shorter than the healer himself, he appeared to at least have some semblance of what it meant to seek treasure.

More so out of desperation than actual acceptance, Gavius nodded. "Well Rith, if you'll please take a seat here, I'll be happy to discuss the terms of our agreement."

Without waiting for much response from either of his two new bodyguards, Gavius pulled the chair out. He examined the room, square in shape and slightly dim, hoping that it would be just dark enough that they did not cause too much suspicion in their discussion. The tables were arranged neatly in a checkerboard pattern, each evenly spaced to create some unity amongst the chaos of broken tankards and chipped floorboards. No more than five feet from the table sat the bar, allowing the consumption of a bit more alcohol or food on Gavius' part. The long journey would require spirits, and if he was to be traveling with these two un-ordinary fellows, he would need the a lot of liquor and just as much patience.

Placing his thin wine glass and tin plate of bread on the table with him, the healer slid slowly into the rickety chair with the utmost care. Explaining the situation to the two of his comrades was going to take quite a bit of time, and he did not relish the thought of his seat collapsing from under him during his tale.

"As I said gentlemen, please join me, and we shall begin."

'What have I gotten myself into...?' he thought, rubbing his eyes while awaiting their compliance.

sherin
03-31-07, 01:42 PM
Sherin just smiled and ate his food with a vengeance, since Shensho had already told him what was planed.

“It’s not nice to call someone weird (ooc this is just Sherin having fun with Shensho’s psychic abilities) it’s very rude you know.” and laughs. “Also I’m ready to go whenever you both are.”

Rith
04-11-07, 05:16 PM
I'm terribly, terribly sorry about it being almost 2 weeks since I posted. I'll be honest and tell you I forgot about this thread. I was just browsing here and saw it and I got right to posting something. Sherin, can you try to make your posts a bit longer than 2 lines please? It's kind of hard to know what's going on. Anyways, I hope you guys are still interested.

Rith looked at Sherin also struck back at how he knew the man’s name. "You ARE a strange one", he exclaimed. The man began shoveling his food into his mouth and Rith only looked at him with a mixture of fear and curiosity in his eyes.

Psychics, they’re a strange folk. Be care around him Rith as you aren’t too sure of what they may be thinking. Maybe he knows what I’m thinking. If he knows what I’m thinking then I’d like him to know that if you’re reading my thoughts I’ll kill you if I catch you without my permission. Understood? Wait, how do I even know if he has that ability? Oh, just shut up and quit acting like a paranoid fool.

Rith ordered asked for a roll, a plate of ham and the strongest drink the tavern offered. The bartended went into the back and emerged a few moments later with a dark brown clay plate with a roll and 4 thick slices of ham. He went back again, this time emerging with a smelly brown liquid and sat it on the bar in-front of him. Rith extended to the man a few coins and walked back towards the table where Sherin and Gavius sat. He dropped his plate and kicked back the chair where he was originally sitting then pulled it up with his foot and sat down.

Sherin was already finished raking his food into his mouth, seemingly as it was his last meal. Rith likewise did the same, but rather tried somewhat enjoying it. After a few moments of eating and Sherin finishing long before Rith, the last few drops of his drink burned down his now aching throat.

Rith slammed his cup down on the table and eagerly said, “Well, I’m ready to go now. What about you two lads?”