PDA

View Full Version : A Furry Friend [Wraeththu Tests]

Aryr de Morte
04-01-07, 07:45 PM
Just like Osato's, fairly short and open. Best of luck, Reiko!

The darkly handsome Aryr stood in the entryway to The Wraeththu manor. A drab and misty morning had come before this rain. It was pouring down so hard that Aryr could hardly see a quarter mile. The grasses of the area surrounding the large building were blowing fiercely about, so hard that the grasses were almost parallel to the ground. Soon enough this would all be turned into an absolutely huge farming establishment. That would be a good cover up for the group to meet as well, farmers. The thought amused Aryr that people would think that they were farmers. The stone of the manor was much more to Aryr's liking than when it wasn't raining, the stone appeared a darker beige color than when dry. It was more intimidating than the weak, sand colored stone's usual hue.

Aryr stuck his hand out just far enough to become drenched in the water, walking out there would simply catch him a fit of coughs and a runny nose. Soa interrupted his idleness suddenly.

"Aryr, what are you doing?" Soa tapped Aryr's shoulder lightly.

"Nothing in particular." Aryr turned to face him.

"Need me for anything?"

"No, go to bed and we'll hope this weather passes by morning..." The soldier waved Soa off who simply nodded and walked to his bedroom. The man had served well in the war, the sole survivor of The Wraith, Aryr's previous elite unit of soldiers. He had escaped to tell the tale only because the man who killed off the entire unit let him go. He was a good asset nonetheless, an honorable soldier and loyal friend throughout Aryr's commanding career. Now, he would be a good asset in the larger plans of the newly formed Wraeththu. That was beyond the point however, Aryr was focused on recruiting loyal subjects to his cause.

He walked off to his bedroom, hoping the weather would be more pleasant in the morning.

Reiko
04-04-07, 10:45 PM
"Come on, Please we won't get in any trouble. I Promise." Ryo begged as he watched his mother pack her things, not much since the fox girl liked traveling light and did so throughout her life but still the wagging tail of her son threatened to make her give in.

"I told you already, it might be a trap and this is a spar to see if I can be a steady warrior for hire, no more scraping for jobs and is no place for children."

"What's a spar mommy, isn't like the things that make mushrooms?" Chiyo asked sweetly as she had remained quiet and let her brother do the talking.

"It's a fight with fake weapons, no one's supposed to get hurt. Kinda like play fighting." Ki answered.

"Then why can't we come if you're just play fighting." Ryo argued and Ki merely shrugged giving in.

"OK fine, you two can come but you will do what I say with no questions and you'll clean up the den too. No 'if's 'and's or 'but's. If you say no you aren't coming and I'll make sure Seth knows your promise too."

"Thank you Mommy!" The kits cheered and hugged their mother.

Ki smiled and started to pack some extra things.

"Oh wow this place is so pretty." Chiyo ran up to the door before Ki and Ryo as she looked over the wood work. Good thing since the little bit of rain was making things a little tougher, the storm had been worse the day before but it still tinkled down, keeping all three kitsune wet.

"At least there won't be too much worry about getting too hot." Ki smiled to herself as she tried to keep a positive thought. This spar wasn't going to be the easiest of fights. Sure Doji was one of the best swordswomen in Althanas but the man she was going to fight was not a slouch either and wouldn't be a cake walk. Hopefully there won't be any bruises after this was done with.

The vixen mother knocked on the door and waited for some one to answer.

"I'm here for my meeting with the master of the house. Have a little test spar, hope you don't mind if I brought my children."

Aryr de Morte
04-05-07, 06:50 PM
After the light breakfast, Aryr walked around a bit, getting a feel for his fresh and newly awoken legs. They felt good, his back also felt good for the first time in quite a while. After being smashed around by a minotaur, one doesn't easily recover. Aryr happened by them by chance, but those were days long past. Aryr needed to focus on the present and the future. The recruiting wasn't terribly easy and Aryr didn't like the idea of working too hard at it. In Eulaea everything was by the color of your eyes, the choice wasn't yours. If you disobeyed you were put to death by order of the High Priest. Here in Corone however, people chose their trade, whether they were good at it or not was up for debate but the soldier wanted only the best warriors in his ranks of The Wraeththu.

Soa was around, straightening things up in the small room in the basement where they kept the wooden weapons which would be used to initiate people soon enough. They could also be used for non-dangerous training which was nice. They were heavy, like a real weapon due to the iron cores in them. Aryr lightly touched the fresh brand on his chest.

Still raw. Hurts like a sword going through your bicep... by Daryq.

A light knock on the room followed his thought, probably just some stupid traveler would wanted shelter. Weak fools not fit for anything but death or a simple job. When Aryr opened the large oak door he saw something that shocked even the Eulaean who had seen all sorts of things.

A woman and small children. They all looked almost like cats, and the woman in front of him had a multitude of tails hanging out of her back end. The smaller ones didn't have as many, but they all had small, cat-like ears and various other features that reminded Aryr of a panther or lion.

"May I help you?" Aryr inquired with a glance at the smaller beings and back to the woman.

So she's here to join and she brought her children, I hope I have room for so many young ones. They best not be rowdy, I won't put up with such insolence.

"Please, come in." Aryr stepped aside to let the family come in, beckoning them down the hallway, Aryr stepped on the ornamental rug, "Oh and, don't worry about getting anything dirty, I don't mind. Also, your children may explore the upstairs, the last bedroom on the left is open for their use for now. We have much to discuss, please follow me."

Reiko
04-06-07, 09:54 PM
“Thank you.” Ki bowed and her children followed with a bow and a “thank you” before following inside the house. The kits giggled and rushed upstairs when told to, exploring was always something fun but the two of them, especially Ryo, thought exploring meant mischief.

“Don’t break anything! This isn’t a fox den so things aren’t easily replaceable and I’ll ground you until you grow two more tails.” Ki called out a threat.

“Ok Mommy, I won’t break anything.” Chiyo said as she stopped and bowed. Ki smiled back though she grimaced when Chiyo headed up the stairs. “She’s not the one I’m worried about. Don’t worry he won’t do anything if he knows what’s good for them. Probably just mess up the sheets and I can make them wash them and make the beds if they do that.” Doji smiled to the commander.

With the two little foxes gone it left the adults to their conversation of employment and they went to a nice dinning room to have a seat. “Ok, I guess I’ll cut to the chase, so the kits don’t have enough time to do anything terrible, though they probably won’t. I have a few conditions on how I’ll work and I’ll need to know how much I’ll make working for you.” Doji smiled as she adjusted her tails to go through the back of the chair instead of being crushed under her butt.

“I am a mother and I’m sorry to say that it is my first and foremost job so if you need me but my children need me too I may not be able to help but I can work things out so it will be rare. Also I’m not going to do any work that can be handled by idiots that know which end of a sword to point. I’m not going to go quell rebellions of peasants that can barely afford a pointy stick. And of coarse I’ll need to be paid for my services for what I’m worth, no less. Of coarse we’ll figure that out when you see what I’m capable of.” The vixen ronin swished her tails figuring that it would be quite a bit.

Aryr de Morte
04-28-07, 10:00 AM
"I understand the love of your children and the need to keep them safe. I must ask though, is there no father that could take care of them?" Aryr looked into the furry woman's eyes, "Regardless, my purpose for this group is not to take innocent lives, enough of that is done each day. We have, shall we say, larger goals."

Aryr sat shifted forward, sitting straight up in his chair and showed the vixen his chest.

"You see this? This is my brand. Are you willing to get a tattoo or brand on say, your shoulder?" Aryr sat back in his chair again, "This is the mark of the Wraeththu. There are three tests you must undergo before we discuss any terms of service. The first is the test of intelligence, the second is the test of strength, and the third is the test of will. But first I must know, will you put the mark of the Wraeththu upon your body?"

Aryr watched the vixen intently for a reply.

((Sorry for the wait, I'll try and move this along now.))

Reiko
04-29-07, 06:34 PM
Aryr seemed to not mind Ki having children and that was a good thing though he was concerned about a father. "oh, don't worry, I do have a boyfriend so he can take care of them when needed. it's just they're not of his blood so he has a tendency to spoil them. There's also a few friends that can take care of i too." Ki smiled and relaxed a bit. These negotiations were going pretty easy.

But then the commander showed his brand and Ki felt a little pale. True tattoos were another option but it seemed like that was a test of loyalty and it wasn't something that Ki really liked the thought of, actually she hated the idea of marking her body with something permanent. Sure fighting led to scars but that wasn't willfully done. No it was one thing Ki wasn't going to do.

She was a kitsune, a thing of nature and while she carried steel and wore a kimono, as well as a revealing swimsuit at times, she had to stay true to her natural self at least in her body. "I, I,m afraid I can't mark my body with your symbol. It's like mutilation too me, like asking me to cut off my tails and ears to call myself human. I wouldn't mind wearing the symbol. as an amulet or a crest on my kimono. But I'm afraid that I can't mark my body in such a fashion." Ki said while twitching her tails and looking into his eyes to see if he was just going to throw her out.

"It doesn't make me any less loyal if I choose not to. Loyalty is shown through true action and while symbolism is important it can't take the place of true action. Um, maybe you'd like to think of it after you see my worth." Ki stopped and tried to look calm.

He probably thought of her as a coward for not choosing the mark but it was just her feelings and beliefs, she never thought of it until now because she never had too. Though seeing that brand showed how tough Aryr was, no one would volunteer for such a painful way too mark the skin if they weren't tough.