PDA

View Full Version : Dun dun dunnnn!

Tiberius
04-03-07, 11:10 AM
If only I knew Latin, I'd put some cool ass stuff here.

>.>

ANYWAY! If we're gonna have a Spartan, this means we're gonna have a Roman. That's me!

Someone make a Persian next!

Witchblade
04-03-07, 11:15 AM
Wasn't Tiberius the actual name of some historical Roman. o.O

*shrugs*

Welcome to Althanas!

Please keep your arms and legs inside the forum at all times or they may be removed by rabid, zombified characters. Do not feed the following people; Cyrus the Virus, Slayer of the Rot, Letho, Lucien, Dissinger, Serilliant, Hamnat, and Zerith for they may become detached to you and are hard to get rid of. Any screams you may now be experiencing are the sounds of dying characters. Do not be alarmed for they shall be revived in new and inventive ways the following quest. Have a nice day. ^^

*offers you a plate of cookies, which is good! But some of them are poisonous, which is bad...*

Letho
04-03-07, 11:17 AM
We so need like a Mongolian mounted archer. If I didn't have so many character's already, I'd make one. :P

Welcome, Tiberius. Romans are :cool:

Karuka
04-03-07, 12:21 PM
H'mm...we also need a Hun. ^_^

And someone make a real Teutonic Knight, or a Celtic Berserker. We need those, too!

AdventWings
04-03-07, 12:43 PM
I thought we did have a Teutonic Knight... by the name Teutonic Knight.

Of course, he hasn't been around for a while, so it's no surprise you haven't met him yet. :p

Welcome to your new nuthouse, Tiberius! :D

Karuka
04-03-07, 12:45 PM
So we need one around. I actually think I've seen some of his OOC posts, but haven't met the guy himself.

LOL

we should get a WWII soldier and face him off against the Roman.

Make it fair, no weapons but standard-issue (for their regime) combat knives.

I vote on a Roman victory there.

Atzar
04-03-07, 12:54 PM
Yeah, because a standard issue knife for a WWII soldier is six inches long, while a Roman gladius is three feet or more. Slight advantage in reach, there.

Anyway, I think Ithermoss has a WWII character floating around... he just never uses him. He never uses Ithermoss anymore, for that matter. Except to cut Hamnat's tongue out. Aaaanyway...

Also, an Egyptian would be cool. Oh, and an elephant rider. I like these history-based characters... Huacamon is an Aztec character, and if I ever gain my writing fire back then I'm planning to make a few others - Egyptian and Celtic included.

Letho
04-03-07, 12:55 PM
Yeah, we used to have one. His name was Pvt. Mudd and he was played by Ithy. A very funny guy. I'd like to see him back and make some guano bombs like the last time. :P

Karuka
04-03-07, 01:35 PM
Bahaha, his name was Mudd.

That's very funny in a historical context...and as a pun.

(Mudd was the name of the doctor who saved the life of John Wilkes Booth by providing him medical care (in accordance with the Hippocratic Oath), just after his assassination of Pres. Lincoln. Mudd was incarcerated for a very long time, but they let him out because they were like "oh, dang. He's a doctor. And he's being a...doctor." Ergo, the expression 'his/her/my name is Mudd' comes from that.)

Witchblade
04-03-07, 02:19 PM
Hmm, a female Berserker... that would be an interesting character.

*ponders creating one*

Antigonus the One-Eyed
04-03-07, 03:57 PM
A spartan would still win any battle one of them on the battle field is worth 100 men on the battle field so its best if you guys were on my side hehe.....anyway Romans are cool you should make a Roman army go against Spartan army that would be a bloodbath.

Witchblade
04-03-07, 04:01 PM
I think a Spartan and a Berserker would be rather equally matched in a one on one battle.

Karuka
04-03-07, 05:07 PM
Maybe...the Spartan would be all like "I have superior training."

The Berserker would be like "I'm getten druunk ad touched by th GODS! FEAR MY STRENGTH!" and go into that awesome rage.

It'd be fun.

Tiberius
04-03-07, 05:27 PM
A spartan would still win any battle one of them on the battle field is worth 100 men on the battle field so its best if you guys were on my side hehe.....anyway Romans are cool you should make a Roman army go against Spartan army that would be a bloodbath.

You must remember, that my character is an Imperial Legionare. These guys were the ones who killed the Spartan culture and the Spartan warrior. It wouldn't be as much a one sided fight as you might think. :)

Yeah, because a standard issue knife for a WWII soldier is six inches long, while a Roman gladius is three feet or more. Slight advantage in reach, there.

The standard issue combat knife of a Roman Legionary was the Pugio, and was between 7 to 11 inches in length. It was however, the same width of the Mainz Galdius. The only advantage a Roman Legionary would have over the WWII soldier, is that he's been thourghly trained with his blade, and not trained to use it as an absolute last resort. :) That is of course, if you are counting on him being unarmored.

Maybe...the Spartan would be all like "I have superior training."

The Berserker would be like "I'm getten druunk ad touched by th GODS! FEAR MY STRENGTH!" and go into that awesome rage.

It'd be fun.

And then the Legionary would slaughter the winner of the two when they weren't looking. :D

Artifex Felicis
04-04-07, 04:23 PM
I thought Berzerkers were norse. Granted, also Celtic and stuff, but mainly norse. Still, I do find it funny. The Roman Army was the best for what could easily be broken down into two things. They had the best toys, and copied everything that was better then what they did. They get killed by gurella (damn spelling) tactics, they adopt the technique and use it as well and so forth.

Still, be nice to see a real berzerker with the axe. Also, I would think the greatest example of a bezerker state was by CĂșchulainn. Every hair on his body went upright, Seemed to glow, one eye squinted and the other was open wide. He seemed to glow, and when he gnashed his teeth sparks seemed to fly. That and his spear was like a tiny grenade after it entered someone's body.

Badass. Though now I must resist making a celtic guy.

Aryr de Morte
04-04-07, 04:30 PM
You know, level of your character would have something to do with that too. We all lose compared to Letho or INDK there. :(

Slayer of the Rot
04-04-07, 04:53 PM
Berserker? Wow, I wish there was a berserker on Althanas...

Anyways, welcome to the site, Tiberius.

Karuka
04-04-07, 06:08 PM
I thought Berzerkers were norse. Granted, also Celtic and stuff, but mainly norse. Still, I do find it funny. The Roman Army was the best for what could easily be broken down into two things. They had the best toys, and copied everything that was better then what they did. They get killed by gurella (damn spelling) tactics, they adopt the technique and use it as well and so forth.

Still, be nice to see a real berzerker with the axe. Also, I would think the greatest example of a bezerker state was by CĂșchulainn. Every hair on his body went upright, Seemed to glow, one eye squinted and the other was open wide. He seemed to glow, and when he gnashed his teeth sparks seemed to fly. That and his spear was like a tiny grenade after it entered someone's body.

Badass. Though now I must resist making a celtic guy.
CĂșchulainn WAS Celtic.

Berserkers were Celtic. They went up against the Romans, and the Romans were like 'BAHAHA! Fighting naked, they're CRAZY! Holy MARS, they're KILLING us!"

Trust me, sweetheart...they were Celts. Karu's maternal grandfather was a Berserker, but how you have a Berserker in one generation, and a Druid the next, I dunno.

Tiberius
04-04-07, 06:13 PM
Berserkers were Celtic. They went up against the Romans, and the Romans were like 'BAHAHA! Fighting naked, they're CRAZY! Holy MARS, they're KILLING us!"

But they still won. :) Sometimes...

Karuka
04-04-07, 07:47 PM
But they still won. :) Sometimes...
Yeah, they won.

After a very costly war in which a Celtic WOMAN (Boudica, ruled her tribe after her husband's death) beat them back and back and back.

This is why Celts are cool. They didn't just teach the men how to fight (although the men were the primary warriors). Those women could pick up weapons and kick butt just as well.

And female Druids were just as highly regarded as male Druids.

Tiberius
04-04-07, 08:02 PM
Women are crazy fighters...

The Sarmatians utilized them as cavalry...

O_O;

Oh, and my character is partially named after the second emperor of the Roman Empire.

AdventWings
04-05-07, 01:24 AM
Dude~

Don't you know the most dangerous form of any species is an enraged Mother?

*Shudders*

Never... Ever... get on their bad side...

The Writing Writer
04-05-07, 01:02 PM
uh hello? we're ruling out the greatest warriors of all time here!...........

Jedi's

and Sith. oh the greatness of the Sith