PDA

View Full Version : The Great Althanas Confetti Egg WAr

Karuka
04-08-07, 03:28 PM
Right, so...this year, instead of being at home to do this with my sisters and Easter company, I am in my dorm room at school.

So I am going to create a confetti egg war here.

Now, the Confetti Egg War is a wonderful Spanish tradition. I don't know if it originated in Spain or Mexico, but screw it. We got it from somewhere.

Now, the premise of the confetti egg war is that you have egg shells that you've saved up all year long (that way there is a war of massive proportions...traditionally you get one and you choose one person to bop and it's for good luck throughout the coming year), and you dye them in the weeks before Easter. Then you stuff them with confetti and glue little tissue bits over the hole in the top.

Easter Sunday, you get/hunt out your confetti egg(s), and then you run around and bop people over the head with them. In my house, there's a rule to prevent excess lacerations, and that is that you have to crack the egg in your hand before dumping all the confetti on their head.

But this is the internet, so screw that. Hit whoever you want with them, it's just confetti, after all.

It takes WEEKS to get all the confetti out of long hair, and it's generally a very big mess.

http://www.kckpl.lib.ks.us/YS/crafts/images/mosegg1.jpg
This is what they look like. See? Very pretty.

*Starts this gimmick by smashing one over the heads of each mod and admin, and then everyone on the love/hate list in sig. Yes. Some of you just got bopped TWICE. And Zook three times.*

AdventWings
04-08-07, 03:56 PM
RHEEEEOW~!

XD

I didn't know there was such a hilarious tradition, Nya~!

*Grabs a soft-boiled egg, cracks open a small hole, eats out the inside, wash, clean and dry it, stuff lotsa rainbowy confetti inside and proceeds to crack it over Karuka's head in retaliation - All within the span of 1 hour*

Artifex Felicis
04-08-07, 04:06 PM
I must say, this is one of those things I wish I knew about a while ago. So I could smash my borther and sister with it.

*throws eggs dipped in acrylic paint at Karuka and Raven*

Karuka
04-08-07, 04:28 PM
Idiots' Guide to Confetti Eggs (http://www.kckpl.lib.ks.us/YS/crafts/confegg.htm)

*Shakes some confetti and egg shells out of hair*

Rith
04-08-07, 07:18 PM
Artifex, I couldn't have said it better myself lol. I know what I'm doing for next year!

*Takes and egg and looks around. Hurls one at Artifex. THIS IS FUN!!!*

My new tradition!!!

Nyx
04-08-07, 11:36 PM
XO

Nice! Man... I wanna do this in school... to all my teachers... XD XD XD

But for now....

*hurls eggs at everyone in this thread* XP

"\^o^/"

Karuka
04-08-07, 11:41 PM
*Smashes an egg over Nyx's head*

Nyx
04-08-07, 11:43 PM
*flicks two eggs at Karuka* XP

hamnat
04-09-07, 04:32 AM
Waaaa!!! And I thought you liked me!!! Now I'm gonna have confetti-hair for weeks....my poor, unfortunate red hair....

*shakes head back and forth loosening it* Bloody confetti...

*Bops Karuka, Raven, and Zook over the heads with eggs*

Nyx
04-09-07, 04:38 AM
*bops hamnat too* XP

AdventWings
04-09-07, 08:13 AM
*Dumps a basket of freshly-made Confetti Egg on Hamnat and Nyx*

^_____________^