PDA

View Full Version : Redemption

Talon
04-15-07, 08:12 PM
((CLOSED))

A throbbing headache was what brought Zachary "Talon" Talion from the brink of unconsciousness. That and an ache that seemed to stretch from his neck to his toes. He had no idea where he was, nor how he had come to be here. A vile taste filled his mouth and the assassin spit the vile taste from his mouth, only to find it was his own blood. He had been roughed up pretty badly, from the way he felt and the giant bump that seemed to be growing on his head.

Wiping his mouth with his left hand, he opened his eyes to see what situation he found himself in. For the most part, all he saw was darkness. As Zachary tried to get to his feet, he leaned back on one hand for balance and placed it squarely in some unknown liquid. Grimacing, Talon wiped it on his black tunic and got to his feet. A small twinkle of light illuminated a small area far from where Talon was. He slowly walked toward it and slammed into what appeared to be iron bars. He pounded on the iron with his fist and a dull ping echoed into the darkness.

As his eyes adjusted to the dim lighting, he found that he was in a small cell, about seven feet across in both directions. Solid stone surrounded him on three sides, while the iron bars made up the fourth wall. The liquid he had so ungraciously laid his hand in appeared to have trickled down the wall through some unseen crack to pool in the center of the room. Other than the sound of the dripping fluid and the throbbing in his head, no sounds could be heard. He appeared to be the only one in the area of this prison.

A mere glance told Talion that he no longer was in possession of neither his longsword nor his dagger. The swordsman decided that the view would be better from outside the cell, and closed his eyes to slide into the shadows that were so prevalent in the dank stone cell. He was a shadowmelder, one of a small tribe in Corone that could manipulate and enter shadows. He was relatively a novice, but he had become quite adept at sliding through the shadows to enter and exit otherwise unattainable locations. However, this time he was utterly repulsed and was unable to enter the shadow.

Frustrated, he grunted aloud, and leaned up against one of the walls. His memory was starting to come back to him and he did his best to remember what had happened. The assassin had been after a mark when he had been surrounded by several large men. He had fought valiantly, but was caught of guard. They had taken down the black haired man relatively easy, and one had slammed the pommel of his sword hard into his head. That was it. All he could remember. Someone had betrayed him, and if he ever got out of here, wherever here was, he was going to make that person pay.

A few hours passed and Talon felt as though he were going to go insane. There was absolutely nothing to do. He eventually resorted to simple hand-to-hand combat practice to pass the time. In the middle of one of the repetitions, a loud clang echoed through the prison. He stopped, sweat dripping off of the tip of the nose. Loud footsteps pounded on the stone floor and Talon went to the bars to see who it was that was approaching.

Three men were walking down the hallway. The outer two wore heavy armor and looked like the men who had taken the assassin down. The man in the center wore a white robe, tied around the waist by a leather belt. An unknown symbol was etched in red into the robe at his chest. A longsword hung from the belt to his left. Which meant he was right handed. Talion stuck that away in his mind for later use.

The three men stopped in front of his cell and Talon backed away from the bars. "Zachary Talion, welcome to my prison. You were quite elusive and I was beginning to wonder if I was going to have to come after you myself. So glad we were finally able to catch you, though, for now you are going to tell me about the Assassin's Guild."

"Assassin's Guild? There is no such thing," Talon lied through his teeth. He was the founder of the Guild, under the banner of Deimis of Haidia.

"Come now, we know you are the leader of the Guild. And you will tell you everything we want to know. Everyone does." The man in white laughed aloud and turned back the way he came. A few moments later, Talion rushed to the bars again.

"Where in Corone am I?" Talon shouted.

The man in white chuckled and shouted back, "You're not in Corone. You're in Terrinore." Then the door shut with a loud clang.