PDA

View Full Version : The International Almherst Alliance Race Registration(Closed)

Logan
04-13-06, 08:45 PM
*If you want to join this, post in the quest recruitment thread in the RPC*

The whole city of Radasanth was abuzz with the announcement of the annual International Almherst Alliance Race. The history of the race is still widely unknown, except to the select few who were around for the original. Some have said it was the Elder Thayne Deity Y'edda who had challenged Jomil to a race with the prize being beauty. It has been rumored that a possible origin was a wealthy man who needed a specific artifact for his collection, and so he called upon a number of Althanas' greats to fetch it for him. Regardless the rumor only one man knew the truth. That man was Haltel Amherst III. His great, great, great grandfather was the wealthiest man in Corone, and also was the man who resurrected the dead race.

Haltel Amherst I had owned not only the original Silver Pub, but also the First Coronian Bank, the Coronian Exchange, the Radasanthian Traders, and not to be forgotten the Silver Inn. The Silver Pub and Silver Inn were his pride and joy. They were places of refuge in horrid weather and places of comfort to travelers far from home. The Bank, Exchange, and Traders were his biggest investments and also his greatest rewards. From those three businesses Amherst created what would be known as the Amherst Alliance, a conglomerate network of businesses and establishments across all of Althanas that dealt with every facet of life.

When Amherst was in his mid thirties he heard rumors of an extinct race that ran from Radasanth to Alerar, and winding through many continents along the way. It was an old race with many legendary participants, but due to lack of funding it had been long forgotten. Upon hearing the fascinating stories of chivalry, heroism, and even treachery, Almherst decided it was time to resurrect the great race and add some of his own ideas to it. Almherst was a highly intellectual man and he didn't believe in just a simple race it had to have many challenges to prove who truly the best team was. He even threw in some incentive for the winners.

From his fortune he would reward the winners with one thousand gold each and special prize selection from his great vault. This was the biggest potential reward as his vault housed thousands of powerful magical artifacts and relics from across the lands of Althanas. It was this very prize that drew the first combatants to sign up for the race, and got them to compete at their highest level of ability. Ironically, it was the same prizes that cost many an adventurer his/her life as their greed overtook their need to survive. The race wasn't a sprint it was a marathon of epic proportions, and if a combatant wasn't ready for the extreme tests, they wouldn't even finish. This is why the race was so celebrated and how the victors became to be known Althanas-wide as legends and even some as myths.

Ironically, most of the history of the race could be learned simply by competing as all the locales chosen now had significance. Even some of the trek would weave a tale of past races, alluring to some of the most deceitful acts Althanas has ever known, and some of the most valiant. And this is where the combatants would soon find themselves, in the midst of treachery and heroism. The race wasn't a test really, after all, combatants never left unchanged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~---~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haltel pondered the coming race and the course it would take. Why had he chosen to go ahead with this year's race? Signs had been posted for months and registration open for days and no one had signed up. Why had he thought anyone would? The race had become so treacherous and dangerous that no one dared attempt the course, not even with companions. He took a last look at the route on his map before standing up from his desk. Rubbing his eyes he set the map down and shook his head. He just knew someone would register, but who?

Addled
04-15-06, 04:08 PM
A young boy in his early youth walked into the city of Radasanth. The boy was easily mistaken for a werecat because of his furry tail and catlike ears. It was, however, a silly mistake for he had no fur anywhere else. He was in fact a half furry.

The boy walked down the main street leading into the city. He held his head as he shook it from left to right while mumbling under his breath. He repeatedly hit his head with his fists in unmistakable frustration. Many looked on wandering what was wrong with him.

“Why should I join the race? There is going to be the greatest warriors from across the globe coming together for this race. What chance do I have of beating them?”

“None with that attitude. We need the money. Unless you forgot we’re kind of short on it. You’re out numbered five to one; now go enter that race!”

“So what if I’m out numbered five to one, I still have the body. Unless you can get that from me we will not be entering any races. It is much to dangerous.”

“Five to one, do you really think you can with stand us? We will get you to brake.”

“No not this time. My mind is made up!”

The moment those words left his head his mind went blank. “I thought that would work,” Root said aloud. He was young Skyler’s demon brought on by his stubbornness. His stubbornness to stay out of the tournament it was lead to his fall to Root.

“Great, now go enter the tournament before the deadline ends.”

“Patience is a virtue last time I checked.”

Letho
09-24-06, 10:16 AM
This thread has been closed due to inactivity and moved to the Archives. If you wish to reactivate this thread, please PM me or one of the administrators.