PDA

View Full Version : depressed

Jaleco
04-27-07, 06:23 PM
Hey everyone. How are you feeling, cuz I'm not too great. My birthday party is tomorrow and a lot of my friends are cancelling or "aren't sure" if they're coming anymore. It just feels a bit like they're ditching me. My brother's having a "no reason" party right now and some of my friends are here right now but don't have time tomorrow. They won't even tell me why. I just need someone to talk to me about this right now. Am I overeacting or am I just too easily upset, which I guess aren't too far from eachother.

hamnat
04-27-07, 06:34 PM
While I rarely go to parties (only one since I was in elementary school), I do know from experience that having friends around that aren't there to be with you is quite upsetting. If possible, ask your friends when a good time would be, then ask your parents to reschedule if it's a plausible date.

That's the best that I can come up with right now. But cheer up! It'll make your friends feel miserable too if you seem depressed because they can't be there.

Karuka
04-27-07, 08:17 PM
No one ever came to my parties, either. In fact...this last birthday was the best, because I had like...3 people remember IRL, my family called to wish me happy b-day, and like...5-6 Althanians wished me happy b-day, too.

I felt remembered.

So, happy birthday from Althanas. *Pats*

You're older, no wiser, but hey! Who wants to grow up?

Aryr de Morte
04-27-07, 08:21 PM
Sorry to hear. I don't even like parties where I'm the center of attention. I wouldn't worry too much about it. You'll have other birthdays with new friends. If they don't want come, they shouldn't deserve to come.

Letho
04-27-07, 08:22 PM
If your friends treat you like that, Jaleco, then they're not really your friends and you're better off without them.

Reiko
04-27-07, 08:39 PM
heh I know how you feel. My birthday before the last one was awful, no party, just going down to my grandparents after work to do some chores. And of coarse next week my sister takes my cousin out for his birthday and doesn't invite me.

well anyhow, I hope you feel better, it seems these days that things are depressing but they'll get better. Life isn't always the same.

Jaleco
04-27-07, 08:52 PM
Thank you all very much, especially Letho. For some reason what you said really meant something to me. You guys are all great, I'm glad that I've got some people by my side. Once again, thank you.

AdventWings
04-28-07, 10:56 AM
I spent my birthday in biology class, studying the difference between the Urochordate and arthropod embryo.

At the University.

Let's just say, there was no cake. Not even ice cream. :(

Serilliant
04-28-07, 12:01 PM
I'd like to offer an alternate explanation.

To us, our birthdays are important. It's a once-a-year chance to be the center of attention. To others, though, our birthdays aren't as special. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Don't think of your friends canceling on you as an indication that they don't care. I'm sure they do. It's probably just that they're unaware of how important this day is for you and how much it hurts you when they cancel.

You're not overreacting and you're not too quick to anger. You're responding in the same way anyone else would. What always helps me is to try to think of the situation from the others' positions. They're still your friends and they still like you. They just didn't think about how important your party is to you.

Letho
04-28-07, 12:34 PM
In Jaleco's situation, I find that very hard to believe, Serilliant. If his friends care for, as he said, a "no reason" party that his brother did the day before and not for his birthday, it's more then just simple ignorance that made them react the way they did.

But then again, personally, I dislike birthdays, my own included, so maybe I'm not the best person to give advice on it.

orphans
04-28-07, 12:55 PM
^^;.... I've never had a birthday celebration that even had friends come over since I was 10. I don't quite mind though..... I actually usually kind of forget my birthday >>... my mother reminds me and is usually the one that makes a big fuss out of it.

In your situation though, Jaleco, I hope you do feel better. We're all here for you! ^^

Massacre
04-28-07, 01:08 PM
To both Letho's arguement and Serilliant's arguement; I say this.

It depends on what his friends are like.