PDA

View Full Version : Hullo, all!

Fia
05-01-07, 04:55 PM
I suppose the thread title is self explanatory, but I just wanted to say hello to everyone, as I am brand new to the board.
I will say that I'm impressed by the consistently good writing here! And I look forward to some fun plotlines.

P.S. Any tips are welcome!

Karuka
05-01-07, 04:56 PM
Don't eat the cookies.

I'm serious, they're awful.

Also...I don't know. Just have fun.

Artifex Felicis
05-01-07, 05:04 PM
Follow the cookie advice. Trust no one about them. While not all are evil, so many are it's just better to be cookie-free entirely.

That, and enjoy Althanas! It's pure, unadultered Rock here!

Atzar
05-01-07, 05:06 PM
Follow the "Follow the cookie" advice. To eat cookies here is to find one enslaved.

But yeah. I'm glad you like it here! I'm looking forward to reading your work, and feel free to kick any questions my way. That's what I'm here for!

Karuka
05-01-07, 05:25 PM
Actually...kick questions to just about anyone. We're a homey bunch here, for the most part.

Cyrus the virus
05-01-07, 05:40 PM
Enough about cookies. They should be warning you about me. RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR SCARY.

Nice to see some people finding the board. How, good sir or madam, did you find Althanas?

Karuka
05-01-07, 05:46 PM
I dunno...she's blonde, but it's a reddish blonde. Rather than warnings about you, Cyrus, we might have to give a warning or two about Letho...

Corvus MacCallum
05-01-07, 05:55 PM
Well lets say this like it should be said, heyup and enjoy.

Dirge
05-01-07, 06:09 PM
Or in better words, don't mind us, have fun. And welcome.

Fia
05-01-07, 06:20 PM
A lively group here ;) . Thanks for all the welcome, so far. And duly noted about how cookies= death. Sounds like some warning from a Rosetti poem or an Atkins diet.
As for how I heard of it, an artist mentioned how a picture was for her character here, and how she was obsessed with the place. I figured, what the hey, try something new.

Rith
05-01-07, 07:24 PM
Cookies aren't all that bad. The ones I had just gave me a serious tummy ahce, but I was not enslaved.

Cookies=bad
Brownies=good

Reiko
05-01-07, 08:23 PM
hey what's wrong with my cookies, they're pure... and burnt... goodness.

hihi and welcome
*offers some cookies anyways.*

A few serious Tips: Do your best and not worry about the score, it's the judge's opinion and it may be different from another judge and all the matters is if you.

grim137
05-01-07, 08:38 PM
A few serious Tips: Do your best and not worry about the score, it's the judge's opinion and it may be different from another judge and all the matters is if you.

On the note of judges, I've also heard that Advent scores a bit to easily and you can request that a certain judge do the judging, not that I would advocate exploiting that sort of thing ;)

On a serious note: Welcome.

Empyrean
05-01-07, 09:24 PM
Artifex Felicis had it slightly off....what Althanas really is, is pure, unadulterated crack. Once you get a taste of it, you'll never stop coming back for more. :D

Although I suppose I should substitute a different drug for crack. Like, maybe Ramen noodles.

Anyway, welcome to Althanas, and enjoy the ride!

Aryr de Morte
05-01-07, 09:29 PM
I was never offered cookies, ha!

Welcome. :p

Seraphima
05-01-07, 09:32 PM
Maybe Witchy slept in for you, then.

*Holds out plate of brownies*

Ginx
05-01-07, 09:37 PM
I was never offered cookies, ha!

Welcome. :p

awww...

Offers Aryr some Cookies too.

Cyrus the virus
05-01-07, 11:25 PM
Or, if you give the slightest bit of a damn about improving your writing, listen to a judge's comments and you'll improve quickly :p

Ther
05-01-07, 11:42 PM
Don't eat the cookies?

What about drinking the water?

Welcome.

Ginx
05-02-07, 12:03 AM
Or, if you give the slightest bit of a damn about improving your writing, listen to a judge's comments and you'll improve quickly :p

oh I said score, not comments. listen to helpful comments but don't pay attention to the number.

AdventWings
05-02-07, 12:15 AM
Wow, I've never really been mentioned to anyone before I actually managed to get here, Nya~!

Hello, Fia! Yes, it's true about requesting judges to judge your threads. Different judges have different tastes and some are more helpful than others- *coughmecough* -when it comes to critique and stuff.

Not that I'm saying anything, Nya~ :p

Either way, enjoy your stay and go nuts! We mods will be around to help. :)

Cyrus the virus
05-02-07, 12:19 AM
Or you can pay attention the numbers and be mature enough not to let them drive you into a depression spiral ^_^ Because they're just numbers, for crying out loud.

Letho
05-02-07, 06:03 AM
Or we can all like stop arguing over judging and numbers, because everybody has his/hers own view and because this is a welcome thread.

Welcome to Althanas, Fia. Your character is just red-headed enough for me to woo her. *woos* :cool:

Yamihara
05-02-07, 07:51 AM
*Bashes Letho's head in with her gauntlets*

Don't make me tell this to Myrhia, Mister Marshall! :p

Welcome and have fun! There is a list of people to stay clear of, I believe, and you should watch out for that as a warning. Mr. Letho here being one of them. Heehee.

Aryr de Morte
05-02-07, 07:56 AM
*takes brownies and cookies*

Well, they aren't from Witchy...

*eats*

Mmmm.

Rith
05-02-07, 07:59 AM
*Shakes Aryr*

Those aren't for you!

Karuka
05-02-07, 08:12 AM
Brownies are for everyone!

Slayer of the Rot
05-02-07, 02:31 PM
Cookies will murder your teeth, your better off without them.

Welcome to Althanas.

Fia
05-02-07, 10:00 PM
Thanks guys for the non-lethal baked goods and advice :) ! I will probably brave a judging or two, and hopefully not be reduced to tears by them. My momma didn't raise no sissy... er... I think.