PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME, ALTHANAS! [Shakespeare Conundrum!!]

Noir
05-03-07, 08:20 PM
I have a project where I must identify all 18 references in this picture.

http://www.chimerapublishing.com/images/preview/2366-050.jpg

So far I have everything except the white-masked girl on the far left, the two shrouded people near the bottom behind Hamlet [Might be from Henry the VIII], and the guy in black on the left writing [might be from Cymbeline] I only need the play they are from not their names.

This must be a 100% positive if you know them. But please, I need your help, I've been searching and researching for hours. It's an all-or-nothing effort, and I either get all 18 or none at all.

These are the plays already found, some aren't 100% positive and if you have a question and think I'm wrong, tell me.

Winter's Tale, Much Ado about Nothing, Antony and Cleopatra, Merry Wives of Windsor, Midsummer's Night Dream, Othello, Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar, Taming of the Shrew, Merchant of Venice, Macbeth, King Lear, Hamlet, Tempest, and Twelfth Night.

EDIT: A correction was made. The red-head chick in the center over the balcony is from Taming of the Shrew. My 3 unknowns have changed thusly.

Note: THIS IS DUE TOMARROW! *evil teachers don't give time to research*

grim137
05-03-07, 08:47 PM
I just realized tha a list of all the plays is under that picture. Don't know if that helps you.

Karuka
05-03-07, 08:54 PM
The list is a complete list of Shakespeare's plays, Grim.

Many more than 18.

Noir
05-03-07, 08:55 PM
We have the real-sized version of it in our classroom. We saw that list long ago. Thanks, though. Thought is well appreciated.

Massacre
05-03-07, 09:12 PM
Everything I've seen that has to do with a white mask seems to be associated with The Tempest. I'm not very good with my Shakespeare, though. Hope it helps. :o

Seraphima
05-03-07, 09:14 PM
The Tempest is the guy front and center. The mask is from one of the plays set either in contemporary England or in post-Rome Italy.

Fia
05-03-07, 09:33 PM
I can't see the cloaked men very well, but I think it's Duke Vicentio masquerading as a monk and Friar Thomas from "Measure for Measure". If I think of more for the rest, I'll let you know :) .

Skylar
05-10-07, 06:58 PM
So, I really don't know all the references so this isn't a helpful post at all, but I would like to add that that is a REALLY awesome picture. *steals*

Dorian
05-11-07, 07:25 PM
I don't know if you had to identify this reference, but the skull Hamlet is holding is that of Yorick...alas, poor Yorick.