PDA

View Full Version : The Audeamus

Slayer of the Rot
05-04-07, 10:54 PM
The Audeamus

Description: Audeamus is a small organization by most standards; at any given point, the group has at most ten members and an uncertain number of agents. The existence of said organization is certainly not public knowledge; thus far, the name has not been spoken on the lips of anyone in power. The members of Audeamus are all high powered criminals, some of the most wanted and dangerous men (and women) in Althanas. The exact criteria for admission into the group are unknown, but extraordinary fighting ability and ruthlessness seem to be prerequisites. Unique traits (genetic or otherwise) also seem to be a common factor among its members.

For those who would eventually come across information on the organization, members can be spotted by the rings that they wear. No ring is worn on the same finger, and possess an incredible importance to the current leader and founder, though the reason has yet to be addressed. As he has so bluntly put it, "If you lose your arm, return, we will heal it. If you lose your ring, don't stop running."

Purpose: Bluntly enough, to own all that they can see. Kingdoms, people, sources of power. Everything will have a price, even life.

Ranking: Since there only exists ten rings, there can be no more than ten full fledged members at a time. Full membership is always reserved only to the cream of the crop, the highly skilled, the terribly powerful. Criminals of lower power are indeed encouraged to join as agents, and may eventually earn a ring in time.

The Rings:
The purpose and exact origin of the rings is thus unknown, though through the founders own words, they are incredibly important to what Audeamus is. Owning a ring is an incredible privilege amongst the organization, indicating that you are recognized as an equal and have become a member. Each ring holds an unbreakable glass stud of a different color, and within it is inlaid a symbol with specific meaning. These rings seem to react to each different person that wears them, and if they do not stir, it is an indication that the member is not worthy and will be killed on the spot. Finally, no ring is worn on the same finger by any member.

Parting Ways: How a Member Loses (And An Agent Earns) a Ring:
The most obvious way is death. If a member is immediately ressurected upon dying, they may indeed keep the ring, but if a period of more than three days pass and the former member is still a bloated, rotting corpse, the ring will be relinquished by the founder and a new member will be sought out. For an agent to acquire a ring, one of the...simpler methods is to engage a current member and pillage the ring off his or her corpse. This is not always surefire, however, as this may in fact set off the founder's incredibly short temper depending on which member is killed. Another method is your performance on the field; particular ruthlessness and cruelty and a display of exceptional skill may indeed earn an agent a ring.

Rings Taken (Color/Position):
- White, position unknown

+ Dark violet, left middle
+ Red, left ring

Rings Reserved (Color/Position):
+ Jade, right pinky
+ Midnight blue, left index

Rules:
The IC rules to join Audeaumus are strictly reinforced.

1.) Only in special cases may an individual become a member if his or her ability is not quite up to par with expectations. (Beneath Lvl. 2)
2.) An individual must possess a heart blackened with greed or hate. A test may be administered to prove if a person is truly the criminal they boast to be.
3.) An encounter with the current leader of the organization is expressly required in order to join. Without a ring, you are nothing but an ant in Audeamus' eyes.

OOCly, there are no real rules. Killing amongst the group is certainly not disallowed, and the same goes for stealing from other members.

Founder:
Dan Lagh'ratham

Members:
1. Luc Kraus
2. Witchblade
3. Koran Seether

Agents:
1. Devil of the Crows
2. Syneare
3. Ekirei
4. A'rei Ngoyu (Apprentice)
5. Sati Sarasvati
6. Sapna Sarasvati
7. Rex Craspbil

Goth Culture Reference
05-04-07, 11:02 PM
I'm so willing to be an agent.

Is oral sex needed to join? Please say it is.

Slayer of the Rot
05-04-07, 11:03 PM
No, it isn't, but I may eat your arm later on if I deem it so. You are accepted as an agent.

grim137
05-05-07, 01:08 AM
I'd like to reserve a spot. I'll join offically once I have Aftermath gets judged and I hit level 5.

Cyrus the virus
05-05-07, 01:08 PM
We're already going to destroy a village. It's going to be way too fun.

Sometime soon, we'll need to organize a strike against an existing town... Make the folk of Althanas defend their land, heh.

Slayer of the Rot
05-05-07, 01:47 PM
Yes, the entire purpose of this PG is to make poor little Althanas a little more bad ass, and help fill up the site's villain quotient, which is dismally low.

Grim, name me the spot and give me a time and I will be there with some sort of test to give you your ring. Send me a PM telling me what color you want and what finger it'll be on.

In addition, information has been updated to include a bit about the rings of the Audeamus.

Cyrus the virus
05-05-07, 09:31 PM
Left ring finger, FYI. We should also include what our ring symbols mean ^_^ Mine is wrath!!

Poison
05-05-07, 10:01 PM
*waves hand* me me! i wanna be a member! i should be able to hit level 2 just as soon as the solo i'm working on gets done and judged, i'm only like 600 EXP away (i think, lvl 2 is 5000 exp right?)

Ataraxis
05-05-07, 10:33 PM
I doubt I'll get my characters done and 5000 exp each in before you're out of fingers, so should I hope that at one point, toe rings will be considered?

and for the pure sake of creepy, nipple rings?

Cyrus the virus
05-06-07, 12:24 AM
Ew, toe rings. Toe rings are not for the evil.

OMG HURRY DAN. Let's smash that girly village. And burn it.

Witchblade
05-06-07, 07:51 AM
Heh, I thought you were going to start the thread, Matt. :p

Oh, oh, I wanna do a quest with grim! I've always wanted to and he just pushes me to the side with indifference when I ask! >.<

Cyrus the virus
05-06-07, 11:36 PM
Dan didn't tell me that. But I'd be cool with it.

Ekirei
05-07-07, 12:29 AM
I would so love to join this with this character of mine.

I know he's nowhere near lvl 2. But I think this would be a good way to get to know how to play a bad guy for a change.

Cyrus the virus
05-07-07, 02:02 AM
And if you get to level 2, and we still have room, you can join in on the evil (like, with a ring and all) ^_^

Evil apprentices! I want more!

Synful_Blood
05-07-07, 05:31 AM
Mmm...count me in, I guess.

Slayer of the Rot
05-07-07, 12:28 PM
Poison, your request to join as a member is being placed under consideration.

Ekirei, Synful Blood, you are currently added as agents. Ataraxis, are you wanting to join? I suppose I could fashion one into a nipple ring when the time comes, but the rings are fairly thick.

In addition, Ring Information has been once again updated.

To clarify on the purpose of an agent; typically, they are spread throughout the regions and monitor the activity of specifically nobles, merchants, and the current government for any situation that the Audeamus may exploit, be it a civil war, a vendor's convention, or trouble in succession to a throne. Usually, agents will participate in any mission a member does, and their performance may merit an invitation to join the full ranks.

A quest with a current member is not required to become an agent. You may mention somewhere, in any quest, that you were approached by an existing agent and recruited. I'm in the process of setting up a few NPC agents, and they can be used in any threads. Feel free as well to create your own NPC's for the group.

In addition, if the ranks of the agents continue to grow, I may add an additional elite rank for those that meet membership requirements, but all rings are taken. They will receive some sort of special benefits, so keep joining, people!

Or I'll burn down your house and eat your children.

Cyrus the virus
05-07-07, 03:40 PM
Nice! This rules. I'll make the thread tonight so you, Witchy and I can represent this badass group in style.

Catharsis
05-07-07, 04:10 PM
Lillian won't be joining, she's too much of a goody two shoes for now. I was counting on having my next two characters join. I'm going to work on their profile today, and hopefully they'll be up sometime, uh, this week.

Hmm, painfully-thick nipple rings. One of them really wouldn't mind, though they meet the prerequisites in time... But normal rings work too. That whole thing about not getting tetanus, y'know?

Synful_Blood
05-07-07, 04:11 PM
Tetanus is for when you don't take proper care of your razor!

Rith
05-07-07, 04:22 PM
When and if I decided to creat my evil-half of Rith, I may join. What would be nice is if the "head" of the PG wore his ring on a chain around his neck, that could establish the leadership role, leaving 10 active "members" + you. Just an idea.

Koran
05-07-07, 04:31 PM
Would a cyborg be considered heartless enough to become a member? O.o

Catharsis
05-07-07, 04:31 PM
One ring to rule them ALL!

I had to. THE SPIRIT OF TOLKIEN COMPELLED ME.

My razor won't cut me, Karu. Braun really sucks!

Witchblade
05-07-07, 05:48 PM
Oh, oh!!!

I vouch for Koran! I like him, can I have him as a slave? ^^

Slayer of the Rot
05-07-07, 07:44 PM
Rith, much thanks for the suggestion, I've implemented it for the time being to see how it works out, but chances are it will stay.

Member and Agent list has been updated.

Rith
05-07-07, 08:48 PM
Glad I could be of service. I mean, that would give you the "special" power of everyone, plus you could have like 11 rings, one of your own then a copy of eveyone elses so you were like uber cool. Haha

grim137
05-15-07, 12:58 PM
Well, I've been leveled and approved so I'm now ready to join. Feel free to make the thread any time.

Magdalena
05-21-07, 03:52 PM
Almost ready for a nipple ring. <3

Ready for R-Rated murder, though. I'm sooo up for being an Agent.

Cyrus the virus
05-21-07, 04:31 PM
Dan! Post so we can finish that thread and make a new one so we can all have fun killing!

Slayer of the Rot
05-21-07, 04:51 PM
Sorry, sorry! My finger is still giving me trouble, randomly bleeding when I try to type. Posting will come as soon as possible.

Cyrus the virus
05-21-07, 06:08 PM
It's cool buddy, I'm glad you still have motivation at least :p

Witchblade
05-21-07, 06:23 PM
Yes, what Matt said. As long as it's not a problem with you're inspiration we are happy little campers waiting to slaughter the innocents at your command. ^^

La Fantasque
05-22-07, 05:52 PM
Arrr!

I would like to join with both Sati Sarasvati and Sapna Sarasvati, as agents. I want in on the next respawn camping. Or, y'know, slaying of relatively innocent bystanders.

Slayer of the Rot
05-22-07, 06:31 PM
Agent and Member list updated to include:

Sapna Sarasvati
Sati Sarasvati

Xanbata Grim

Following The First Sacrifice (which I will post in as soon as I get this fucking band-aid off), I will have something for all members and agents to do. I don't know what yet, but it will be something enjoyable that any may join. Even someone in passing, hoping to stop us.

Cyrus the virus
05-22-07, 11:32 PM
Kickass!

Yay, it's my post! Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!

Massacre
06-14-07, 09:36 AM
Maybe Grim should be removed from the list since he's no longer writing. :(

Slayer of the Rot
06-14-07, 02:30 PM
Removed from the list (Unfortunately):

Xanbata Grim

Agent List updated to include:

Rex Craspbil

Now then kids, about the details of oour insidious (ho ho!) plot, through the web of Audeamus' NPC agents, all members and PC agents will get a plain, inconspicuous white envelope containing a black leaf. A folded piece of paper will say; "The Black Tree invites you to ____ at the ______". Something that, if someone else sees it, it can be played off as an eccentric person's invitation. I'm pretty sure those who have answered their PM's will be able to fill in the blanks. I'm waiting for one more answer, and then we will start.

Slayer of the Rot
06-14-07, 03:20 PM
Double post!

All members and agents are to report here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=69034#post69034) and start stabbing anything that moves and taking whatever shines the brightest.

For those reading this who are not in the Audeamus; go ahead. Jump in. Try to stop us.

Cyrus the virus
06-14-07, 05:06 PM
You are so sexy.