PDA

View Full Version : I need something beautiful to fill the space we've taken up

Eades
05-06-07, 11:55 AM
I couldn't think of a proper title, so I figured the words Sevendust was tossing in my ear would be good enough. Anyways, Hello! I've just registered a crap profile here with the intentions of turning it into a good story! Hello and watch me fail! :)

Gimme love.

Karuka
05-06-07, 11:56 AM
Hallo and welcome to Althanas.

<3

Slayer of the Rot
05-06-07, 12:03 PM
I'll give you something worse than love. And if you bash me in the face with that crowbar, I'll hunt you down.

Massacre
05-06-07, 12:08 PM
Or chop up people with that ax.

Either way, welcome to Althanas.

Eades
05-06-07, 12:10 PM
Ah, thank you. And do your worst, Slayer. I'm tougher than a three year old cookie in the Sahara!

googlyeyesultra
05-06-07, 12:30 PM
A couple of vital warnings:
Don't eat the cookies.
Run away from the rabid recluses (Well, that pretty much means all of us.)

Artifex Felicis
05-06-07, 12:32 PM
Rawr.

Anyways, welcome to Althanas. Enjoy your stay, and try to stay rabid free!

Empyrean
05-06-07, 12:35 PM
I'll give you love, but first you must swear lifelong loyalty to me.

Well, I guess I can give you the love first. :) Welcome to the forums. Your profile looks pretty cool, maybe we can start up a thread sometime. Have fun, we're all maniacs.

Letho
05-06-07, 12:37 PM
Ooh, two chicks giving each other love. Wait, let me go get my camera before you two start. :D

But yeah, welcome to Althanas, Eades.

Empyrean
05-06-07, 12:40 PM
Man, you just can't stop, can you. :)

You'll have to watch out for Letho, Eades, he's perpetually horny.

Artifex Felicis
05-06-07, 12:45 PM
But the most amazing thing IS!

There's no redheads in that particular act. Is this a new Letho we haven't seen yet?

AsukaStrikes
05-06-07, 12:48 PM
Whoa. You have a gun.

*glares uneasily at you*

I know it's nonfatal, still...

Eh, either way, welcome. I guess you'd go well with either Reina Mikami or Raven. Wherever he is, anyway.

As for you, Letho...

*Pops her knuckles*

Do you want your guts diced, minced or pureed? Either those, or gimme your camera.

Eades
05-06-07, 01:18 PM
There's nothing wrong with hot, horny men with cameras. Unless, of course, they still have their pants on. And the crowbar should be feared far more than the gun.

And thank you for the love. I'm addicted.

Empyrean
05-06-07, 01:44 PM
Aha! We have you hooked! Once you're hooked on Althanas, you can never leave. Bwuahaha.

Ginx
05-06-07, 05:58 PM
hihi and welcome

*brings a plate of burnt cookies*

hope you have fun and all. poor Letho, he says one thing out of line and there's several people ready to castrate him.

Yay Crowbar the ultimate weapon to attack crates with.

Koran
05-06-07, 06:44 PM
I guess that a handshake is in order here.

*extends hand*

I bid you welcome to our homely stead and watch out, even the mice here have a dangerous bite.

Corvus MacCallum
05-06-07, 06:45 PM
Being the first person to nab a thread from you I'll just poke in a heyup here and continue pondering.

Massacre
05-06-07, 07:14 PM
I bid you welcome to our homely stead and watch out, even the mice here have a dangerous bite.

You said homely, haha! That means ugly. :(

Althanas isn't ugly, right?!

googlyeyesultra
05-06-07, 07:51 PM
Dude, we should totally use that quote as a random plea for more skins which we won't use and don't even want! Overburden the administration by making them go download/make skins! Muahahaha!

Rith
05-06-07, 08:02 PM
Dude, we should totally use that quote as a random plea for more skins which we won't use and don't even want! Overburden the administration by making them go download/make skins! Muahahaha!

It seems you forgot you revealed your evil plot to the public, silly. Still, I say petition the administration for more skins!

Oh, and welcome :D

Massacre
05-06-07, 08:05 PM
Bandwidth, says I.

Koran
05-06-07, 09:11 PM
You said homely, haha! That means ugly. :(

Althanas isn't ugly, right?!

home·ly /ˈhoʊmhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngli/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hohm-lee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –adjective, -li·er, -li·est. 1.lacking in physical attractiveness; not beautiful; unattractive: a homely child. 2.not having elegance, refinement, or cultivation. 3.proper or suited to the home or to ordinary domestic life; plain; unpretentious: homely food. 4.commonly seen or known.
[Origin: 1300–50; ME homly.]

—Related formshome·li·ness, noun

—Synonyms 1, 2, 3. Simple, homely (homey), homelike, plain imply absence of adornment or embellishment. Something that is simple is not elaborate or complex: a simple kind of dress. In the United States, homely usually suggests absence of natural beauty: an unattractive person almost homely enough to be called ugly. In England, the word suggests a wholesome simplicity without artificial refinement or elegance; since it characterizes that which is comfortable and attractive, it is equivalent to homey: a homely cottage. Homelike also emphasizes comfort and attractiveness, but it conveys less strongly than does homey a sense of intimate security: a homelike interior, arrangement, atmosphere. Something that is plain has little or no adornment: expensive but plain clothing.

home·ly (hōm'lē)
adj. home·li·er, home·li·est
Not attractive or good-looking: a homely child.
Lacking elegance or refinement: homely furniture.
Of a simple or unpretentious nature; plain: homely truths.
Characteristic of the home or of home life: homely skills.home'li·ness n.
homely
c.1300, "of or belonging to home or household, domestic," from M.E. hom "home." Sense of "plain, unadorned, simple" is c.1380, and extension to "having a plain appearance" took place before 1400, but now survives chiefly in U.S., esp. in New England, where it is the usual term for "physically unattractive;" ugly being typically "ill-tempered."

homely
adjective1. lacking in physical beauty or proportion; "a homely child"; "several of the buildings were downright homely"; "a plain girl with a freckled face" 2. having a feeling of home; cozy and comfortable; "the homely everyday atmosphere"; "a homey little inn" [syn: homelike] 3. plain and unpretentious; "homely truths"; "letters to his son full of homely advice"; "homely fare" 4. without artificial refinement or elegance; "plain homely furniture"; "homely manners"

[[ It doesn't all mean ulgy! I like that second meaning in the last one and I think, with the syntax I used, my use of homely can be defined as that second one in the last one...]]

Massacre
05-06-07, 09:13 PM
I thought that "homey" was the word to describe something as being like home.

Koran
05-06-07, 09:16 PM
I thought that "homey" was the word to describe something as being like home.

Homelike also emphasizes comfort and attractiveness, but it conveys less strongly than does homey a sense of intimate security: a homelike interior, arrangement, atmosphere.

I think that's about as close as you're gonna get.

Is it spelled homie or homey...the common term for 'friend' or whatever else it is used for...O.o

Massacre
05-06-07, 09:20 PM
Well, who doesn't know what homie means? Viva pop culture!

Rith
05-06-07, 09:20 PM
Homie, I think of a "ganksta" from the hood.

Homey, I think of my house.

Koran
05-06-07, 09:31 PM
I know what it means, I was just wondering of the spelling differences.

Nein
05-06-07, 09:36 PM
.... And Thusly, I Shalt Spill Love From The Bleeding Wound You Have Torn.

I'm into that crowbar, and refuse to see the profile or crowbar go unused. You have stumbled upon my specific weapon affinity, and hope to literally shed tears when you first beat someone to death with it.

-wink!-

Atzar
05-06-07, 10:05 PM
You are officially one of my favorite people on Althanas. Sevendust is awesome.

Welcome to Althanas!

AdventWings
05-07-07, 12:08 AM
Yay~ Now I have someone that can fix my Valkyrie! :D

Welcome to Althanas, Nyan Nya~!

Eades
05-07-07, 03:15 AM
You know, I always thought "homely" was just another way of saying "too ugly to screw." I rather like the skin. I'm not sure if I'd screw Althanas, but I have to say, Nein, that the arm in your avatar turns me on. I have no idea why. If your finger weren't crushed all to hell, I'd demand threadage. :( I'll kiss it and make it better if you let me.

Ha ha. Poor Eades. She shall soon become Althanas' official "fixer of things."