PDA

View Full Version : Enchant this!

Izvilvin
05-15-07, 05:11 PM
Izvilvin spent a small amount of time on Irrakam searching for an appropriate place to enchant his new armor, a Delyn chestplate pilfered from the blackened corpse of the vampire, Tarry. Being Delyn, it was said to be easy to enchant. Thus, with money to burn, the drow set out to enchant it.

A notable magic shoppe, The Enflamed Talisman, was off the center of the marketplace. Well known for potions, poisons and magical artifacts galore, Izvilvin thought it a good place to go in hopes of enchanting his breastplate. He only hoped they spoke drow.

He set the heavy metal against the counter and pushed it forth, so the human behind it could examine the black armor. "How much gold would it take to have this made lighter? I want it to weigh very little, and if possible, be as flexible as cloth while retaining its durability."

He figured the request was an uncommon one, and the magic required would cost him dearly. But with money to burn and no need to pay for food and shelter, a flexible metal armor would be well worth the gold.

Artifex Felicis
05-15-07, 07:19 PM
The man behind the counter sighed, putting the breastplate down onto the counter again and looking at the drow. He held up a finger, scratched his chin, rubbed it in a thoughtful way then decided on the price. The man was a wizard, and did his best to appear like one. He had the pointy hat, the flowing robe, the faint scent of herbs and the general appeal of a squashed toad.

"1300 for the enchantment you want, though it'll be a bit harder to bend then cloth mind you. Same price for the flexibilty enchantment Course, I'll get my assistant to do both for 2500, a bargain!" The wizard smiled, decided he looked better without it, and drummed his fingers on the counter instead, awaiting the drow's reply.

Izvilvin
05-15-07, 07:31 PM
The Drow pursed his lips in thought, knowing he was a bit short on gold. Typically he would have left at that point, but the idea of leaving without what he wanted wasn't appealing to him on this day.

"2,500 is just a bit beyond what I have available, good wizard. But I spend my days defending this land, from morning until evening. Can you not find it in your heart to take what I have in exchange for what I need? I will throw in what I can spare."

Izvilvin drew one of his sai, "stained with the blood of a hundred harpies, he said, twirling it expertly in his hand, setting it to rest on the counter, and sliding it over. With that, he placed two doubleplatinum coins on the counter, along with the rest of his money.

"I'll slay another hundred to make up the debt to you."

Artifex Felicis
05-15-07, 07:46 PM
The wizard huffed himself up. It was moments like these that he enjoyed working in the store. He rolled up his sleeves to his elbows, exposing pale thin flesh that never really had a chance to gain muscle. He smiled almost meanly, preparing to almost scream at the drow to pay the full price. Of course he wouldn't scream exactly, but use that low voice that hinted at extreme power.

Or he would have if a much less impressive looking elf girl slapped him aside as huffed out. The wizard stumbled, and the elf girl shot him a look that sent him scurrying into the back room to fetch something he must have forgotten.

"Sorry about that, he's a little weird about stuff like that," the elf replied casually. She held the breastplate in her delicate hand as it momentarily flashed and the metal seemed to explode in light for a moment. The girl waited a couple seconds, then did it again, except this time the glow was of a gray quality. She smiled, holding onto the newly enchated armor with pride in her work. "I'd let it go for free, but I need to eat." She took the two coins and handed the armor back to the drow. "Come back if you ever need anything magical. I'll be sure to help you!"

Izvilvin
05-15-07, 07:52 PM
Izvilvin watched with amusement as the elf girl appeared, though he wondered, perplexed, why she was examining it so fully. It was just a breastplate. When she said it had been enchanted, he scoffed. She took his coins and he, skeptical, went to lift his breastplate. Oddly enough, it felt as hard as before but was nearly as flexible as cloth. More like leather, he supposed. Beyond that, it was very light.

"My thanks, maiden," he said with fond joy. Though she was an elf, he did not seem to care.

With that, Izvilvin donned his new, flexible armor, and left the shop.

Artifex Felicis
05-15-07, 07:58 PM
The girl smiled, put the money away then quickly began to work on other who needed help in the store, unaware she didn't have a name.

((Transaction done, 2000 gold taken 365 remains.))