PDA

View Full Version : Sea of the Forgotten

Torin Reahkari
04-15-06, 12:09 AM
The breeze, the familiar smell of the ocean.

I inhaled deeply, memories coursing through me like the blood in my veins.

How things had changed. I remember when Matthias and I took lead of the Black Sails Armada, bringing with us nothing but a ship and a dream..How things had gone wrong.

And the wars...the battles, the blood, the screams, the lives lost..How could I have forgotten that? Damon Kaosi, Zephyriah Ablione, Velius Demorio, Seth Dahlios..names, just names, embedded in my memory by the bravery they showed during the great battles that had taken place here, in Etheria. In Alerar. In me.

How I missed my old life. Now, I was a shell. I was off the map, I was washed up. There was nothing left anymore. The bright sun is glinting into my eyes, but I do not feel its warmth at all. I see the sand, but I cannot touch it. I don't know why, but I am empty inside. Everything that mattered to me seems to be lost in my past, in my memories now.

"Everything..but this." I whispered, pulling the chipped, dulled, and well-used Tanzalis from it's sheath, staring into the swirling contents within the blade.

"Enough. This blade is nothing but a horrid reminder of things past. I will not be bound by my past self anymore!" I cried, hurling the blade towards one of the building, the old Vault. I heard it hit something metal, and fall to the floor. Something shattered, like a mirror, and a loud whine filled the air, cutting through the silence like an assassins knife. Something translucent and swirling flew through the top of the building, into the sky, and disappeared in a black cloud. I had a hard time believing what I had just witnessed, but stranger things had happened. I stumbled towards the door of the Vault, knocking it open with my shoulder.

When the dust finally settled, I could see pieces of metal everywhere, shards and pieces embedded in everything. When I looked on the floor, I could not believe my eyes. There, on the floor, was my old war uniform. With it's reappearance, memories flowed back into me as though a wall, a blockade had been abolished, releasing my very soul from it's grasp. I picked up Tanzalis. slowly, feeling the power of the weapon, the draw, the need coursing through me. With a new hope, a new mindset, a new freedom, I donned my oh-so-familiar blood-red denim pants, spinning the brown leather belt up my leg and around my waist, pulling tightly to my bare chest the sheath of Tanzalis. With a sense of meaning hidden behind my blue eyes, I pulled my hair back, tying it up with a piece of my old shirt.

Torin Reahkari had once again returned to Althanas, intent on making his friends remember, and his enemies fear.

Amy
04-16-06, 11:47 PM
Amowyn at that moment, was probably at the happiest she could have been. Everything was going along the right track for her. Nothing bad has happened to her, she hadn't been punished for messing up a past job, she re-met and married her love, and even the various magical enchantments and runes she had worked on all worked perfectly.

There was a slight skip to her step as she went along the path. Even the day was shining down on the pretty girl with bright blue skies and the sun shining just right to give everything a soft glow almost. She inhaled deeply, the bag in her hand swinging back and for as she went along to the port, its contents nearly filled with all sorts of clothes in it.

Feeling particulary adventurus, she drew her only weapon on her, a small kunai that she kept moreso as a memento. She twirled it on her finger, whistling in beat as the sharp knife spun its deadly circle. Shopping ealy in the day, which ended as people left their lunch to go back to work turned out to be more funt han she thought. Torin was a good man, especially for not complaining when she told him she'd be gone for a little bit down by the town near the port. Even the elves there were getting used to her and her skin, even smiling as she paid for her things.

There was a loud crash in the air just then, shattering her thoughts of happiness as her face became serious, trying to decide where such a sound could have come from. She paused for a moment, running with the weapon in her hand clutched and ready for what it was made to do instead of simply a means to entertain her. The buildings, some long since unused, first stood in front of her, then were quickly passed as she hurried forward, not needing to think of where it was for the dust that was settling over the old vault that was there.

She almost slid on the dirt as she tried to stop, thankful for wearing tight pants instead of a skirt or something that might trip her as she did it. She held a hand up, rubbing away a small piece of dirt tht had managed to get in her eye. "Torin? is that you? You there?"

Dissinger
04-17-06, 03:08 PM
Seth sighed as he walked towards Etheria. It wasn't that he was looking for anyone, or anything, it was more for a personal reason. It was something that scared him more than anything. It was the threat of his looming mortality, being cut by some unseen force. As he moved he sighed as he finally saw the mountains break to allow Etheria port's calm tranquil waters into Alerar.

He had found a secret, but the cost was dearly. Mortality could be undone only in the purest of circumstance. It required much, and Darith had worked with him to procure the secret. Much like the Lich, he would be able to withstand the call of death, but unlike them, he would be reborn still alive if the process went fluidly.

The two daggers in his pack clinked almost as a reminder before he sighed and continued to trudge along the path. Etheria port had been the property of the Black Sails Armada, a group that had mixed history with Seth. However, he knew that the port had long since been abandoned, and that it would make an excellent hiding place of one of the items he'd need to hide for his trick to work.

Finally entering the port he scanned around the entrance as he sighed. The place looked disused and ill repaired, as he looked around he raised an eyebrow looking at Amy standing there kunai in hand. Sighing he drew Spite and Malice as he careful snuck forward shifting his feet across the sand so as not to announce his coming. The hood of his cloak was up, and he was ready to fight if need be beside his former ally. After all the bonds Ghuantyrr'stra forged meant far more than the fickle leadership of the Brotherhood.

Moving carefully behind Amowyn he threw his voice beside her ear, "Everything okay? I'd hate to think you grew lazy when the Brotherhood fell..."

Torin Reahkari
04-17-06, 09:56 PM
"Torin? is that you? You there?"

How I already missed that voice. Amy and I had been married only a few months and I was so very much in love with her.

"Yeah. It's me." I called, coughing from the dust that was still clouding the Vault. I stormed out of the old rotting building, rubbing my eyes vigorously.

"Hey, Amy." I smiled, planting a quick kiss on her lips. I suddenly felt an emotional draw, a sorrowful one, nearby. I spun, pulling Tanzalis out of it's sheath.

"Who's there?" I called, listening closely. I had been on these beaches too long not to know the sound of sand compressing under someone's shoes. To the left? No, the right.

I edged my way around the building, tossing the sword out but stopping it quickly upon recognizing the bandit invading my port.

"Seth. It's been too long." I sighed in relief, putting away Tanzalis and offering my hand out in exchange for his.

How long had it really been? Seth had been there to witness my fall those years ago. He'd been there to see and celebrate the triumph in the first war..But I realized I knew nothing of Seth's life. Nothing at all. How was that possible? How could I have become so wrapped up in myself.

"I've been so wrapped up in my own problems these years...I never learnt of anyone elses. Come, let's get a drink and talk, I won't take no for an answer." I called, looking back at Amy.

"Oh..yes, this is my wife, Amy. Sorry about missing the introductions..Amy will you join us?" I asked, walking over and locking my fingers within hers, pulling her slightly towards the Serpent.

"-at least a thousand strong, and gathering men every day." the cloaked man whispered to another, deep within the Fields of Khu'fien.

"Impossible. I won't believe it until I see it, and I certainly won't help spread the rumours." Praenua replied, watching the man with a close eye.

"Just go and tell Torin, Praenua! We don't have time to argue." he replied, his voice cracking with fear.

"Listen, have I ever given you reason to doubt me? Just do it, please. You are bound to me just as much as him." the man sighed, pulling his hood off. Danéon "Gambit" Reahkari, one of the best archers Alerar had to offer, and Torin's half brother.

"That is low, and you know it... Alright. I will deliver the message now." Praenua sighed, teleporting himself almost instantaneously to the Norian forest, just outside Etheria.

"Master Torin, I hope you have an amazing plan for this.." Praenua thought as he walked through the forest, a vision of Torin, Seth Dahlios, and Torin's new wife Amy coming into his view.

"Master Torin, we must speak now!"

Amy
04-18-06, 06:38 PM
There were few things, especially after how long she had lived there, that scared the girl about Etheria Port. One of them being the Vault, mostly because, while exploring once, she found a large assortment of weaponry crafted from human bone, and more than a few other things with blood staining the handles and sometimes blades. The thought of someone rummaging through there looking for loot wasn't what bothered her, rather that someone would be willing to steal from a place like this. It also didn't help whoever the thief was that the girl had looking for an excuse to re-fine her own fighting prowess.

Though, none of that mattered as she recognised the shape that emerged from the dust and darkness of the vault. A voice suddenly appeared as Torin came out of the vaults, making her jump slightly. It was of Seth, a man she knew better than most of her other firends. She never really got friendly with him, but knew more than enough about him. She hadn't done anything that would rile anyone with enough money to buy his work, and as far as she was concerned, they were nearly family in the Shadow division of the Brotherhood.

The kiss came suddenly, a blush rising like fire to Amowyn's cheeks as Torin saw for himself who was there. Seth didn't know what she had gone through lately. Suddenly she felt a lot less powerful and mighty about it, smiling sheepishly. She felt young again, suddenly caught by parents after doing something bad. She nodded as Torin explained their position, still blushing fiercly and doing her best not to look at her feet. She waved weakly, then holding Torin's hand as well. She nodded to her husband, saying that she would join them. There wasn't much else that she would even want to do then. All that she rreally had planned for the rest of the day was to lounge around, and maybe attempt cooking again for play with her Runes.

"Come on Seth, it's been a while," she said, finding her voice after a moment. "We need to catch up on old times."

That was before a man was heard shouting, a man whose voice sounded like catching up on old times would not be possible for the three friends there.

Dissinger
04-20-06, 08:42 PM
With Torin emerging from the armory he sighed as his stance relaxed slightly. It seemed Torin and Amy were a couple now and while he was happy for Amy he couldn't help but feel a bit protective of her. Torin while a good kid, was notorious for getting in trouble over his head, and he could only hope Amowyn would be able to keep up with the boy. With everythign Torin and Seth had been through, Seth still was wary where Torin was concerned.

Looking at Torin's happy situation made his heart ache for Liliana that much more. As he closed his eyes he sighed letting them get it out of their system before he tried to find his voice. It had been awhile since he had seen either, and it was only natural that he would wish to know more about the thief. They had fought back to back in the Rangir war, and the Dark war wasn't much more pleasant.

Seth spun when he heard the shout daggers ready until he sighed relaxing and with a twirl holstered his weapons. He stared at the man as he seemed to concentrate on Torin alone. He eyed him before he said simply, "Well? Out with it can't you see the man's waiting for your mouth to start flapping?"

A touch of the old pride and arrogance seemed to grace the weathered voice as he crossed his arms imaptiently. It was no time to dally it seemed and Seth still had to convince Torin of his goal for coming here. He continued to stare the man down hoping that the cloak that was catching in the wind would give him enough presence, he still needed to repair his old trenchcoat, and wasn't sure if it would be needed or not.

Torin Reahkari
04-24-06, 02:54 PM
"Master Torin, we must speak now!" a voice rang out. I spun, recognizing it instantly.

"Praenua. What is it?" I replied, becoming worried. Then only reason he would be in Etheria and not Ettermire now is if..

"Well? Out with it can't you see the man's waiting for your mouth to start flapping?" Seth spat. Torin grinned, glad to see that even though Seth had been through so much - so he'd heard - he was still the same arrogant man he met in the Rangir War.

"It is your brother, sir! He is mobilizing troops and heading south, to Ettermire! Word is he's broken his deal with Valsharess. In fact, Treze himself is in Noria!" Praenua yelped, obviously scared. My mouth hung in worry, but I didn't care.

"How long until they reach Ettermire?" I asked, already planning my strategy.

"A month, latest." he replied, no longer sounding scared.

"Alright. Seth, Amy? It's time for us to interfere one more time. Praenua; send word to every remaining member of the Resistance. Have Alia post notices all around Ettermire, Concordia, and Radansath asking for assistance. Also, send word to Thoracis Rakarth. We will need his help." I stated, moving towards the Serpent quickly, scribbling out a quick note to Thoracis, signing it, and placing the Resistance seal on it.

"Take this directly to Thoracis, I don't care how you do it as long as it ends up in his hands." I continued, putting it in his hands.

"Of course, Master Torin." Praenua bowed, phasing out into nothing as he teleported to where ever Thoracis was rumoured last.

"Now..Seth, I will need you this time again. I need to you lead the flank attack. Can you do that?" I asked, looking into my friends eyes. It had been so long since we had fought together, so long since we had seen each other. How coincidental it was that he appeared today of all days.

And Treze. Why was he in Noria today? Why was he in the same place Praenua happened to be?

"What are you thinking, cousin?" I whispered, looking towards the Norian Forest.

Thoracis
04-24-06, 03:46 PM

It had only been a week since Queen Valsharess and Vazerith had exiled Thoracis Rakarth from Alerar. He had made his way east into the Mountains of Dawn and into the Valinatal Pass and on his way into Raiaera, out of Alerar for what he thought was the last time, when an unexpected presence appeared from nowhere.The large dark elf was cloaked in green, bore no visible weapons but two daggers, but most importantly he had appeared from nowhere. Almost instantly twin blades of ice extended from Thoracis’ staff to protect from the would be assassin.

“Master Rakarth. Please, lower your weapon. I come only to deliver a message.” The elf held out a sealed letter.

Cautiously Thoracis took the letter, recognizing the seal of the Resistance. As he opened it and began reading the mage looked up at the dark elf, “What is your name?”

“Praenua, sir. I was sent directly from Torin Reahkari in Etheria.”

“I see.” Thoracis read over the letter again, not looking as concerned as one might expect. “Please, allow me time to prepare a response?”

“Sir.” Praenua nodded his approval.

Torin,

Your messenger has reached me and I have read your letter. This is a grave matter indeed. I do not know how fast word travels to Etheria these days but I have been exiled from Alerar by the Queen herself, no more then just a week ago.

That aside I will not let Alerar fall into turmoil. I will come to Alerar’s aid, but keep in mind, it is not for you, the Queen, or anyone else. I will fight for Alerar and Alerar alone. In one month I should arrive in Ettermire with a force suitable for fighting. My journey should be arduous, as if I enter Aleranian soil with an army it will surely be viewed as an invading force. However, I will do what I can to be expeditious in my mission.

As a token of my commitment I will also provide Praenua with the locations of some forces still loyal to me in Etheria. Show them this letter and they shall fight for you. In the meantime I will be in Raiaera. Good luck be with you.

---- Lord General Thoracis Rakarth

Thoracis sealed the letter with his own seal, a snowflake upon a shard of ice, and passed the letter on to Praenua, oblivious to the fact that he was no longer the 'Lord General,' as he had signed. “Here is my reply. Good luck. Perhaps we shall fight alongside each other when this day comes.”

With that Praenua simply nodded again and was gone, leaving Thoracis to finish his journey into Raiaera, now with an added weight on his shoulders.

Dissinger
04-24-06, 04:13 PM
Seth sighed hearing the words that fell form the messenger’s mouth. He was more than certain he was involving himself in something that could mean the death of the Hex Magi. As he closed his eyes he seemed to grow distant before he spoke, his words softer, "I don't know why you'd want me Torin. If I don't control myself, I might slaughter friend and foe alike. I spent a year doing that, and I would be loathe to enter a carnal house like a war. Even when the Grey Braves war occurred I couldn't contain the murderous intent within me..."

His eyes opened as he said softly, "I'm dying Rheakari, and every day is just one step closer to the grave. I actually came here for a different purpose, one that might save me when the time comes to finally leave my body at rest..." He then reached into his pack producing a pair of steel daggers. He carefully handed them to Torin, "I need these protected, until the time comes for them to return to me. They don't look like much, but they house a part of me within them. Only by leaving all these relics hidden and safe will I stand a chance of coming back. Should even one be destroyed, the chance of me coming back as I was will be lost..."

“A friend of mine has helped me create a few pieces such as them. When the time comes and I finally give my last breath, the pieces of me within them will awaken, and begin to take the usable pieces in search of the others. For now though, that is all you need to know, and I’m sure more than you wanted to hear,” He said as he gave a brave smiled.

He then sighed as he said, "If it needs to come to it, I'll make a deal with you. I will fight this war; take the flank like you said. However, in return you cannot let those daggers fall into the wrong hands. Few will come in an attempt to collect them, and I need them all to fail. You'll know when I have come to collect them again." He then looked at Torin a look of almost fatigue crossing his face as he waited the answer.

Torin Reahkari
04-24-06, 07:56 PM
"If it needs to come to it, I'll make a deal with you. I will fight this war; take the flank like you said. However, in return you cannot let those daggers fall into the wrong hands. Few will come in an attempt to collect them, and I need them all to fail. You'll know when I have come to collect them again." Seth finished, handing Torin the daggers.

"I swear on Alerar itself these will not leave my personal possession until you seek them, Seth." I replied, placing both on either side of my belt.

"Now. We have much to plan." I continued, leading Seth and Amy aboard the Serpent, to my personal quarters. Maps, tacked on the walls, compasses, weapons, everything everywhere.

"Now..." I began, pushing many a map out of the way until I found the right one.

"Aha! Here it is. Now Borna will be probably taking a direct route to Ettermire, so Seth, we need to send you out in three weeks time to the north east of Ettermire in wait for Borna." I continued, showing each point on the map to Seth.

"Uhm, Amy..maybe you should go back home..I have a lot to plan. I'll be back soon." Torin sighed, planting another light kiss on her lips before turning back to the map.

There was so much to do, and so little time..

Treze Reahkari
04-24-06, 08:04 PM
Torin, Torin, Torin.

Leone, Leone, Leone.

Someone was always better than him at the one thing he strived to be, whether it be Time mage or Radansath's greatest chef, someone would beat him to it.

No more. This time Treze Reahkari was out for revenge.

What was he thinking?

Treze knew that's what Torin was asking himself.

Only Torin knew the answer to that question. The boy began to make his way towards Etheria slowly, waiting until long after Praenua had left to deliver to note to Thoracis. How stupid Torin was, speaking loud enough for anyone in the Forest to hear.

"Foolish cousin." Treze laughed, crouching low to the ground behind a fallen tree and some bushes, well out of Torin's, his wife's, and Seth Dahlios' line of sight. How he despised him as well. Treze had tried to be a thief earlier in his life, but Seth had beaten him to that, rising to be one of Althanas' best known bandits.

No more.

The cousin rushed forward, leaning around a building as the three of them walked up onto the ship, disappearing into the lower parts of the Serpent.

"How to go about this best? Torin has Tanzalis, a weapon which could easily defeat Sin and Sorrow...but not Seth's daggers." Treze mused deviantly, tip toeing his way onto the ship, hiding near the wheel for when his bastard of a cousin appeared.

Amy
04-25-06, 06:52 PM
The deal between her husband and her friend was quickly settled out. In return for holding onto, what at least looked like, two steel daggers, Seth decided to fight in the war. Why on earth he really wished to for so mundane a task Amy did not know, but the girl knew that Seth was not stupid. Unless it truly meant something to him, he would not have asked Torin to hold the daggers.

The three of them moved quickly towards the Serpent a moment later, Amy confused by how quickly the events were going, until at least part of it clicked into place when they entered Torin's quarters on the boat. There were a few things that Amy was good at, and quite a few others that she wasn't as helpful as she would have liked. In this case, planning out battles had never been on her strong side, nor most anything but spontaneous strategy. She had often lost many games of chess against old classmates because of her lack of long term planning.

"Alright," Amy said, hearing Torin's part suggestion and part command. She smiled, looking at he other two men before making for the door. "I'll be at home, just try not to stay up all night. It's not like they're coming tomorrow."

She waved slightly, stepping out onto the decked of the morred ship. She breathed the salt air deeply as she closed the door behind her. There was little more relaxing, even on what may be the eve of war, than the peaceful ship, rocking slightly from waves and bright sun overhead. As she got off the boat, she turned, looking behind her for a moment. She couldn't shake the feeling that she forgot to do something. She shurgged it off, almost jogging down the plank to brings her bag of new things home. Normal life would continue for at least a few more days.

AsukaStrikes
05-05-06, 06:31 AM
"Waiter! Gimme more of dat ale..."

How long has it been now? Since that fight with Letho? That murderer...

A loud clunk made the half-drunk swordsmaiden raise her head wearily, feeling the sharp eyes of the drwo bartender drilling through her skull. Obviously these long-eared, dark-skinned folks looked down on on other races with disdain. Or perhaps just slightly irritated by the cocky girl's insolent mumbles, to put things mildly.

Alerar had always been viewed as a place of wonder and awe by the Akashiman mechinists, many leaving their fair city just to be in this country of technology and industry. Asuka, however, was no machinist. She was just a simple blacksmith's daughter, a swordsmaiden on a journey to look for what appeared to be her twin. A family she thought she never had. Many months and many more adventures later, not even a tiny hint of clue revealed to Asuka the paths her quarry had taken.

A rush of wind announced the tevern goers a new arrival, yet this person stirred up an entire storm of feet and mouths with just a short stay. A situation most peculiar.

"Huh...? What is everyone so riled up about?" The booze had yet to take its full effect on her and she batted away the feeling with a goran. Nevermind. It's too early to get drunk anyways. Might as well have a look...

~~~

War.

The words echoed in Asuka's mind as her feet led the girl down bustling streets after streets. The notice wrinkled in her cringing fist.

There's going to be a war in Alerar... in Ettermire...

Bloodshed. Broken families. Lost lives. Forgotten memories. Death.

Perfect.

This was a perfect chance for Asuka to yet again make a name for herself. War often favors the strong, the resilient, the mightiest of warriors. And the fearlessly resolute. She would rise through the ranks, gritting against the odds. Earning herself fame and fortune.

So the swordsmaiden could find that one person who had for so long evaded her grasp. Yamihara.

The details of the note guided the young warrior towards the docks of Etheria Port, the bastion of the Black Sails Armada. A legend feared both for its mighty armada and their fearless leader, Torin Reahkari. A man among legends who wielded a gigantic sword. A name everyone feared and respected.

After a long walk down the length of the waterfront Asuka finally reached the moored bulk of the Serpent, Torin's finest ship. The maiden nonchalantly boarded the mighty vessel and immediately headed for the captain's quarters, just below the bridge.

Torin Reahkari... She breathed in deep and rapped the weathered door, hoping the legendary captain would answer her call. "Torin Reahkari, open up. I've come about the notice of assisstance."

The red-hair swordsmaiden gulped and adjusted the collar of her outer jacket, feeling the temperature rising noticeably. "If you need help in this war of yours, I'm here to help."

Torin Reahkari
05-09-06, 08:21 PM
"Alright. I'll be at home, just try not to stay up all night. It's not like they're coming tomorrow." Amy replied softly, staring at me. I knew she was worried.

"It'll be ok this time.." I sighed, looking at the map of Alerar. What would Borna gain from attacking Ettermire now? Valsharess and Vazerith would be more than ready for them after their last meeting.

"Torin Reahkari, open up. I've come about the notice of assisstance. If you need help in this war of yours, I'm here to help." a voice called to me.

"Very well! Come to my quarters." I yelled up the stairs to the deck. The more people willing to help, the better.

Still, something told me this war would be far harder than I thought.

"I...delivered your message, sir." Praenua whispered, his balaclava hiding his mouth as he spoke, his emerald green eyes reading Seth Dahlios like a book.

"Praenua..how was your trip?" I asked, still staring at the map on my desk.

"Do you think this wise? A third party in a civil war? This could lead to catastrophe. What's to say he won't switch sides when he encounters Borna? You know of his persuasive ways." he continued, still staring at Seth.

"Also, I am aware you did not order me to do so, but I sent word to Alia with Shadow. I wish him to lead a third 'back-up' squadron, containing me and only one person who has fought Borna before, any one else must never have faced him."

What was this? Alia lead a strike? Preposterous! This was my war...or was it?

"I...I don't know. Alia has been..drifting...from me these last couple years..I don't know if I can trust a whole squadron to him." I replied slowly, still trying to figure out Praenua's angle.

"Both of us swore on our lives that we would protect you, Master Reahkari...Torin. Alia will not falter." my friend replied, his eyes now focused on me.

"That's the first time he's ever called me by my first name.." I noticed, feeling incredibly touched, and honoured.

"Alright. He can lead the back-up squadron, but I want Damon Kaosi sought and found within the week, as well as placed in said squadron." I snapped, remembering my old elven friend..my big brother, it seemed. He always watched out for me.

"As you wish, Master Reahkari."

And again, he disappeared.

"Well..this is it. Now we just wait, and prepare. I will see you in three weeks, Seth. Until then.." I nodded to my old friend. I had to be alone, I had to think. I began to stalk up the stairs, all the time thinking about what the future held for Althanas' time-pirate.

Thoracis
05-17-06, 05:44 PM
Meanwhile… Just outside Valinatal, Raiaera

So many lights. So much singing. It was Raiaeran jubilation at its best. Of course, Valinatal hadn’t always been that way. Well, it had, but not so much recently. To think it had only been three years since Thoracis marched through the Tristlin Pass with an army of several thousand, laying siege to the city he stood before now. It seemed like an eternity had passed.

Of course, given the current situation, you could have thought it had been an eternity. Now Thoracis was in Valinatal re-gathering his forces, many of whom hadn’t fought since that fateful day before the City of Lights, rebuilding his strength to march into Alerar. To march into Alerar. It didn’t seem right. It wasn’t going to be an easy task, either. Thoracis was not the Aleranian hero he once was. Now he was an exile, banished by Valsharess, a joke amongst many of Alerar’s public. And why shouldn’t he be? He fought a single great battle for Alerar… and lost. Hailed as a savior to be shot down just hours into the siege. They had every right to think he failed them.

That would all change soon enough.

A time of great peril was descending on Alerar once more. The Kyorl, Rangir, and Resistance would all descend on Ettermire in a battle that could change the face of Alerar forever. Thoracis was going to be the variable in all of this. Few had the experience in wartime and leadership that he did. It would be up to him to make sure the capital did not fall. That was if he could get his forces close enough to be a factor. Even at only four hundred strong it was going to be difficult to reach Ettermire as an enemy of the state. He had to make it somehow though.

Thoracis wheeled his horse one last time, riding down the line of soldiers before him, one finishing inspection before the march. About two-thirds of the soldiers were veterans. The rest were new blood, sons and nephews of those who had fought with General before. Thoracis could see the nervousness in their eyes as they adjusted the grip on their swords or bows, awaiting the conclusion of the final preparations and the order to march. Three hundred infantry and a meager one hundred cavalry. That was all he managed to muster. It would have to do.

The last of the supply wagons gave the signal for ready. It was time to march. Thoracis lifted his staff and brought it down in the direction of the Tristlin Pass. At once the soldiers began, disciplined, in rank, and eager for battle. It would only be week now.

“For Alerar,” Thoracis mumbled as he entered the mountain pass once more.

Dissinger
05-20-06, 10:54 PM
Seth watched the map for what seemed like ages. His cloak tossed carelessly onto a chair as he hunched over it. The daggers upon his belt almost hit the table as he trailed a finger along the paths he would take. A sigh escaped his lips as he looked at the map. The job was not impossible, just important it got done. Sitting in the chair he rubbed his eyes as he said, "Tall order to fill, guess someone really does trust me out there..."

A soft sigh escaped him as he thought about it. Nodding, he pulled a piece of parchment from nearby along with a delyn dagger. Using his best handwriting he scrawled out a letter to Torin before he stabbed the Delyn dagger, newly dubbed into the map where he would be with the note.

Shouldering his satchel he looked at the table, the delyn dagger conspicuously apparent from the map that had been given. His oath made he closed his eyes looking down, "I'll see you there..."

He then turned and slowly disembarked from the ship, heading to meet up with the resistance group to the northwest. He had a date with destiny, and he couldn't afford to be late. He then smirked as he remembered the letter silently recounting it in his mind as he took each step journeying through the fields of Khu'fein;

Torin,

I headed out to the spot you asked, if you need to know where, the dagger marks the spot. This dagger is a special dagger, back when I was a young man, I was trained by a man named Justin Revan. He taught me everything it was to be a thief, and disappeared. I didn't find him till much later, and needless to say, I'm still alive and he isn't. I have often wondered what to do with the daggers, but today I think it became clear.

This dagger, has until now been nameless, a tradition of Lavinian thieves is to name the weapons they have, for it makes them more personal. Makes them family, until now I had not named them, for it always seems to make them gain a personality of their own. This one's name, is Duty however, recently chirstened, and thirsting to fulfill its purpose.

This is a gift, seperate from the steel daggers I am giving you to protect, consider this one a token of my loyalty.

Seth

(Transfer of a delyn dagger from my Inventory to Torin's.)

AsukaStrikes
05-22-06, 03:10 AM
The Akashiman swordsmaiden stood facing the cabin door nervously, awaiting the captain of the ship to answer her request to join in the fight. Even though this war had nothing to do with her directly, nor did it matter who would eventually come out of this conflict the victor, the lass was certain in making a name for herself. She needed the fame from rising above the battlefield a woman apart, to be known on the lips of soldiers and brigands alike. It would surely help searching for that one person who so far had eluded her grasp. But the prospect of her being in this very port city was not important.

Today was the day she made herself known to Alerar.

Asuka gripped the heavy doorhandle and eased it open, remembering to pull and not try pushing in like a fool who couldn't think straight. A shady figure passed her out the door, his feature tired yet carried with it a sense of melancholic jovialty not many people seemed to have. Asuka thought about stopping the man and asking a few questions but decided against it, deeming the blunder perhaps too foolhardy a chance at the moment. With apprehension still fresh in her mind, the resolute Akashiman stepped through the threshold and into the belly of the Serpent...

The interior was not the cleanest of rooms, though one could expect less order within such a ship almost always poised for battle. Weapons were scattered around the room, many in ready condition for thwarting a surprise attack on the ship itself. Maps were pinned all around the dimly-lit room, a dagger pinning a piece of parchment on one of the odd-looking charts outlining a battlefield. Asuka casually walked past the note, sensing it would be better left undisturbed for the captain to see it for himself.

One thing that irked the lass was the very fact Torin had called her to see him, only to be left standing alone in the strategy room full of "toys" she could help herself to without feeling the least bit guilty. Her sense of just cause was the only thing stopping the youth from taking along a fine-crafted longsword propped near the door labelled "Captain's Quarters."

Well, that's where he said he would be. Asuka took a few quick breaths to steady her nerves. She was going to be face-to-face with Torin Reahkari, captain of the Serpent and commander of the Black Sails Armada. In truth, she should not have been this nervous at all. Asuka had fought many legendary figures from the young to the ancient - Letho Ravenheart, Ashiakin Azzarak, Arawn, Zieg dil' Tulfried and Zephyriah Ablione to name the least. But Torin Reahkari just seemed so distant in her mind.

And besides, anyone who could hold their lunch aboard a sailing vessel was worth her marvel.

Cautiously opening the door to Torin's quarters, Asuka promptly introduced herself to her would-be employer.

"You are Torin Reahkari?" She stated plainly, holding up the notice obtained from the tavern just a few hours earlier. "I saw this pinned to the tavern boards. If you're looking for a fighter, you've got no one better than me."

She had to get the revered captain's approval so her service to Torin would be added to her growing list of legedary opponents and acquaintences. It wouldn't be long before that girl Yamihara would be found with the newfound popularity Asuka would receive from Torin.

It won't be long, Yamihara. Just you wait.

Torin Reahkari
05-22-06, 05:40 PM
The door slowly crept open, revealing an attractive redheaded girl standing there, holding a piece of parchment.

"I saw this pinned to the tavern boards. If you're looking for a fighter, you've got no one better than me." she stated, her voice backed by her own confidence.

"You're that sure of your abilities, girl?" I shot, turning around slowly and leaning on the table. I stared deep into her emerald eyes, seeing scars of battles past.

"Well, I like confidence. You can join my forces, but you will ride with Seth Dahlios, to the northeast. You will attack the Rangir's flank. There is a stable north of here, in Noria. Grab a horse and be on your way, there is little time," I continued, pointing towards my own hometown.

"oh, and thanks for the help." I nodded to the girl.

"But me, I must go prepare. Spread the word of the Alerian Resistance on your way north." I finished with a wave behind my back, walking past the girl out onto the docks, making my way back home. This was my last stand.

AsukaStrikes
05-23-06, 09:01 PM
Excitement from the fact that Asuka had never actually seen the famous Torin before was completely negated by his sheer straight-forward, down-to-business demeanor that took the lass by surprise. His initial response wasn't the best Asuka could hope for, yet she had it coming after all. Barging into a combat vessel with the looks of a vagabond wasn't the best criteria for an indespensible warrior.

The lass relaxed just a little after the captain decided to take her aboard and pointed out the direction she was to take, mentioning a horse she should take and supposedly another one of his many helper, Seth Dahlios.

Dahlios... The name rang in the maiden's ears like tiny chimes against the light ocean breeze. Somehow it sounded very familiar, yet she was unable to pin down what kind of memory she had with the rather unique name. It sounded neither Coronian nor Aleran, presumably the person bearing that name was human at all.

Captain Reahkari by passed her in his nonchalant fashion, seemingly lost in thought. Still, Asuka felt there was something else that needed to be done beforehand. Something any loyal soldier would do to their commander.

"Captain Reahkari," The redhead lass began as Torin was about to head out of his quarters, trying to find the right tone now that the fabled swordsman was her superior. "I saw a note pinned to a map in the strategy room. I believe it was from one of your friends who just disembarked." The note and dagger had to be mentioned and Asuka felt that it was her duty to report any activity the captain might have missed.

With her duty completed, the lass took a quick look at the maps and traced her hands over the route which she would take. Incidently enough, the destination her fingers ended was one and the same as where the delyn dagger struck.

So that's who he was. The face hovered in the back of Asuka's mind while his name remained a blob in her memory, but at the least she knew a little bit of who to expect.

Making haste with her new charge, the Akashiman swordsmaiden hit the cobblestone road of Etheria Port and headed north towards her battlefiield. A new chapter of her life would soon open up to greet the lass with its splendor, treachery and thrills of death. Many would fall while some lived to tell the tale.

Asuka was determined to do more than just live. She must win.

Vorin
11-25-06, 10:48 AM
This thread hasn't been posted in a month. I'm closing it up due to inactivity and moving it to the "Unresolved" Forum. Please Private message me to retrieve it if you intend on completing it further. Thank you.