PDA

View Full Version : New Classic Rock Band... Feedback, PLEASE!

Rith
06-03-07, 10:52 PM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=229505294

So a gril I grew up with, her boyfriend plays in this band. Now mind you, they are only 15 (now 16) years old. Yet they have already played some big gigs around here in North Carolina, and opened for some pretty well-known bands in the area. If you have a myspace, do me a favor, add them and give a little feedback if you like the music.

They now have a lot of their Original music up on their player. Great stuff, I miss going to the shows. It's always so much fun to see them play.

They have a few originals written already and I should be getting a demo whenever they get back in the sudio to record. So, tell me what you think? Do they have potential to get big? Because they're already big around here.

Elijah_Morendale
06-03-07, 11:05 PM
That's a pretty sick rendition of Voodoo Chile...

It'd be cool to hear some of the original stuff, though...

Skylar
06-03-07, 11:30 PM
Wow, I have to agree with Elijah there. They're really damn good for 15 years old. They've got a future, methinks.

But it's Voodoo Child, isn't it?

Elijah_Morendale
06-03-07, 11:37 PM
No. Every Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan cd I've seen that song on says "Chile". It threw me off at first too, lol

Rith
06-03-07, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the quick responses. I'm putting together some quotes for a bit of inspiration for them. They play some great live music too, great songs to get the crowd going.

Cyrus the virus
06-04-07, 02:35 AM
Christ, they're good. Fifteen? Make sure they don't give up on it, eh?

Ziggy
06-04-07, 06:36 AM
Cover bands never go too far.

They got the goods for riff lickin and fast pickin, but kids like that come a dime a dozen so to speak.

Stick to originals. And tell them not to try to sound like someone else when they sing, cuz theres already an artist out there with the voice of the song their covering. Too many people with the same voice is bad. We don't need a repeat of that whole creed jock rock coppy cat crap again. Tell them that they need to find their own sound and make it happen. And if I ever get my studio going ill get em down here for a recording session

Reiko
06-04-07, 07:30 AM
yeah I agree they have lots of talent and I wouldn't mind hearing an original song though I think songwriting is something that takes maturity to be good at though you can be successful while playing immature songs. Just listen to the radio and you'll hear mostly immature songs that concentrate on life's shallowest ordeals. I think fifteen year olds don't have the needed experience to write truly great music, sure they can do a catchy tune but at least sticking to covers at this point ensures they'll have good songs that people know are good.

Edit: but still practicing songwriting will help for when they grow up and can truly write a great song.

Rith
06-04-07, 07:39 AM
Their originals are unique. They have a great sound to them and they definately don't sound like anyone I've ever heard. Gone, which I believe is the name of one of their originals has a great Classic Rock/Upbeat feel to it. It's one of those songs that just get's you going. I'll definatley try to get ahold of Nate and get the info from him about when they're hitting the sudio again so you guys can hear some of their songs. Though their first original, being their first, sounds just like another song only because it was their first, but it's good, damned good at that.

Chiroptera
06-04-07, 11:34 AM
I like the singer's voice. They sound like the kind of band that'd be fun to see live.

Rith
10-14-08, 08:12 PM
Sorry for Necroing, BUT. They have taken off. They cut their first demo a few months ago and have gotten airtime on the biggest rock station in North Carolina - 96 Rock. They also played at an event sponsored by 96 Rock, and they were also REQUESTED to play by 96 Rock.

Just 2 months ago they also traveled up to Sound Dakota (haha that sounds weird, they traveld North to a "Southern State") to play at one of the largest bike rallys in the US which was sponsored by Easy Rider magazine. A rep from ERmag came to a show (that I happened to be attending) to check them out and he said if they did good, he'd get them a spot to play 3 live sets every day for the entire event.

I updated the first post with their new information. They are no longer "Livewire" because they got sick of people calling them a cover band and changed their name to "Jive Mother Mary".