PDA

View Full Version : I noticed something missing...

Ziggy
06-05-07, 10:43 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I'm no longer seeing the ' view all new threads ' button.

Anybody else notice?

And if so, why is it gone?

Witchblade
06-05-07, 10:47 PM
I was going to make a thread about this...

It's not just the button that's gone, that whole little area right at the top of the screen that shows your avatar and all new posts and threads since your last visit is missing.

Elijah_Morendale
06-05-07, 10:47 PM
Yeah, I was wondering that one myself...

I've just been hitting the "new posts" link

Karuka
06-05-07, 11:01 PM
I think it's their way of encouraging people to go to the main page.

Letho
06-05-07, 11:02 PM
I for one think that without that bar at the top, the whole thing looks cleaner. It's not like there was something crucial up there anyways. There is a "New Posts" button on the topmost bar, there's a link to the PMs at the top and if you absolutely have to know how many new posts/threads were made since you last visited, you can always go to the www.althanas.com and see it there.

Serilliant
06-05-07, 11:13 PM
Oh, that is weird. I hadn't noticed. It must have gone away when I updated the forum to the latest version. This was not an intentional change on my part.

I'll look into what happened. Thanks for pointing this out. In the meantime, as has been mentioned, everything that was crucial is still accessible through other means. Sorry for the confusion.

Ziggy
06-06-07, 12:33 AM
no worries.

just making an observation

Sighter Tnailog
06-06-07, 03:23 AM
I personally liked the bar at the top, and wouldn't mind having it back.

Bohemia
06-06-07, 03:30 AM
I second that. It was a nice little convenience and I often put it to use.

Witchblade
06-06-07, 07:32 AM
Give me my bar back! :p

*smothers Letho so his opinions cannot be heard*

Massacre
06-06-07, 07:44 AM
I liked the bar too, seeing my avatar made sure I knew what character I was on. :o

Witchblade
06-06-07, 07:48 AM
Yeah, I have that problem from time to time as well. >.> Nothing worse than posting in a quest with the wrong character.

Letho
06-06-07, 08:40 AM
You do know that there is actually a nice bold "Welcome, <username>" up above the link to your Private Messages? :P

Witchblade
06-06-07, 08:43 AM
Shush you! I thought I smothered you to prevent further opinions. :p

Komosatuo
06-06-07, 10:08 AM
Wheee...I noticed this yesterday and honestly thought nothing of it until I went to find the recent post button...then I was like "Waaait a minute..."

lolz

I'm so tired...

Artifex Felicis
06-06-07, 11:41 AM
I kinda liked it because that way I could see how many new posts there are, and if needed just go immediatly to the forum I need. Bit faster. I would like it back to be honest. I likes to look at my cookie less kitty ><

Serilliant
06-06-07, 12:00 PM
Bar is now back along with a few changes and a few additions (that you may or may not see). Because of the changes, there may be a bit of quirkiness. If there is anything that you need to report, please feel free to do it in this thread.

Karuka
06-06-07, 12:22 PM
There was some weird looking code when I first signed in and clicked the "new posts" link, but it's gone now.

Rith
06-06-07, 04:50 PM
Aye, thank god that's back. I was so lost with out it.

Ziggy
06-06-07, 09:41 PM
oooOOOOoooooo! theres new stuff too!

Shiiiinyyy.

:D