PDA

View Full Version : Prince Vlad(reregistration)

Prince Vlad
04-15-06, 02:06 PM
Vlad: lvl2

Vlad Mirceas
height: 6'3"
weight: 200
sex: male

Description: After a battle with his first demon, Vlads appearance has changed much. His once Black hair is now a pure white and his baby blue eyes are now a pure white as well. His muscular tone is even more pronounced. Vlad still has a confident stride when he walks. He wears dark silk clothes and is rarely seen in anything but.

Personality: Vlad has the confidence and sense of self importance that goes along with being a ruler. He is well mannered, versed in swordplay and dance, as well as the abililty to lead large groups of individuals. He is normally very serious.

Background: Prince Vlad sat atop his throne, the sounds of battle echoed through the empty corridors. He had been a tough ruler, quick to execute people he considered lawbreakers, and enjoyed the punishments. He loved watching people die, loved the festivities that surrounded them, so many people. Now, though, he seemed alone. The tall vaulted throne room only made it seem that much emptier, though he was surrounded by his gaurds and was not really alone at all. Ramos, his most loyal gaurd and personal friend, was off with the queen, preparing for an escape; her escape. The Prince had no intention of giving up his throne. Samos, Ramos' brother, pulled open the throne room doors to admit Ramos and Vlads Queen, Sasha. She retained her regal pose, though Vlad knew she was scared. As well she should be, he thought, they will kill us if they catch us. Vlad stood, his cape cascaded to the floor and trailed behind as he made his way to his wife, wrapping her tightly in his arms. A single tear trickled down his cheek, for what he had to do pained himmore than the death he knew awaited him.

"Ramos, take all the treasure and Sasha, and lead them far away from here. There is more than enough gold to buy a new fortification far away and hire servants and gaurds for a number of lifetimes." Vlad paused as Sasha pulled away from him, shaking her head wildly. He continued, before she could say a word, "Sasha, you are the only love of my life, and you always will be, but you must go now. It is pointless for us both to die here. Ramos is my top knight, he will keep you safe."

Sasha could not hold back any longer, and the tears streamed down her face. "I will not leave you," she said, barely able to form the words, "I vowed to stay with youthrough the good and the bad, and I intend to do just that!"

Vlad pushed all emotion aside, for he could not let them interfere with his judgement. He loved her more than life itself, but he had a duty as Prince to defend his throne. "My wife, I love you, but I will be damned if I give up my throne. I will save it, or I will die trying. You must leave, and if you refuse, Ramos will carry you. Those are my orders."

She wiped the tears from her face and stepped close to him. She kissed his lips softly, and he savored the feel of her tender lips on his, knowing this would be the last. She stepped away, and turned to leave the room. Ramos gave a bow, the most regal any had ever given, and followed her from the room. "Samos, my armor."

Samos returned with Vlads armor, and helped him into it. His cape hung from the back, and the fine silk could be seen in the joints of the armor. He set his throne over the helm, designed to hold it securely in place.

"We could leave, Prince, we could escape through the back."

Vlad cut him off sharply. "My decision is final, your brother accepted it, now I expect you to do the same." Samos nodded, and the remaining knights, seven including Samos, brought in the horses and mounted their in the throne room. Vlad half drew his sword, letting it gleam brightly in the torchlight, then slammed it back into its sheathe. He grabbed his six foot spear from the throne, and mounted his black stallion.

The Mirceas Knights formed a half circle around him and they exited the throne room. The horses hooves rang out as they hit the stone floor. Soon they stood before the drawbridge. Samos and Clyde cantered to the ropes that lowered the bridge on either side, and cut them, sending the bridge smashing down. The wood was solid, and though it did splinter from the impact, it remained intact. They rejoined the group as Vlad surveyed the field.

4,000 troops is what he had begun with, now less than a thousand remained. The enemy far outnumbered them, and though his soldiers were the elite, they could not stand against a force ten times their own size. The knights remained calm and collected, though Vlad knew they were wishing he would change his mind and flee. How in the hell did this force fall upon them like this, he had pondered this since the army had appeared. No reports had reached his ear, and it seemed odd that a force that large could move without notice. The fact was they were here, regardless of how unbeleivable it was, and it was time to die.

"Mirceas Knights, forward, disperse once we reach the battle, and die with honor." He hated saying those words, though he had said them countless times before in battle, never before had it been apparent that they might do just that. They rode across the bridge, the horses hooves thudded loudly as they crossed and his cape snapped wildly behind him. A few soldiers noticed their coming, and raised a cheer and fought with renewed vigor. Poor fools. One did run, however, and though most would not have blamed him for attempting to escape the battle, Vlad drew his sword: As the man ran by his horse, helashed out with his hand, severing the mans head. It landed with a thump on the ground, but Vlad paid it no mind, for many more would follow it today.

The knights seperated, fanning out and attacking whoever was closest. Vlad sheathed his sword, and charged full force into a throng of enemy soldiers. His spear pointed in front, he impaled two soldiers and rode down three more, the black horse trampling them to death beneath his massive hooves. The spear broke off in the bodies of the slain men as they fell lifeless to the ground, so he drew his sword once more. A mounted enemy approached and swung his sword over head. Vlad knocked it away and tried to drive his sword into the mans heart, but he parryed the attack. Vlad brought it around his head and down at an arc, aiming for the mans throat, but this too was blocked. Vlad drove the sword into the horse, then into the mans neck as he fell from the beast. He knocked away a footmans attack, and shoved the sowrd into the mans eye. Blood spewed from the wound as he wrenched the sword free.

What seemed like an eternity passed, man after man fell, and blood stained the field and Vlads armor and sword. It seemed like every time he fell one, two took his place. They would definitely not survive this. Vlad felt a sharp pain from behind, and the impact threw him from his saddle. He hit the ground hard, losing his sword from the impact. He crawled to his knees and clasped his hand over the wound, the sword had gone through and through. He turned to see Samos standing above him, his sword dripping with blood.

"You idiot, can't you tell your own damned Prince from the enemy!" Vlad tried to climb to his feet, but Samos kicked him back down. Two men with great helms stood to either side, both weilding spears. His eyes narrowed as he realized the treachery that had befallen him. Samos was head of intelligence, and it was his job to report to Vlad. Thats how the army marched to their door, Samos let them. "What's in it for you, you can't be a leader, you do not have the brains nor the courage...."

"Enough!" cried one of the masked men. They raised their spears and sank them into Vlads chest, one on either side. They jerked the spears free, and Vlad could feel his life going with them. His head fell to the ground, and though he could not speak, he wanted to scream. Darkness fell, and he was no more.

Vlad awakened in a dark room, fully aware of what had just happened, he reached for his sword, and to his surprise, it was there. A voice rang through his head, and he turned, but noone was there. "Remember, I have brought you back, you are a demon now, rewarded for your life of cruelty. You are but a mere baby, your former life is known to you, but it is not yours now. You are no longer a Prince, you belong to me. Given time and loyalty, you may regain your throne, and many others besides that. Serve me, but first, you must get used to being who you are now. Live and learn. HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

The voice faded, and Vlad dropped to his knees. He did not like belonging to anyone, that would be one thing he would need to deal with. His thoughts turned to other things, important things. Sasha, where was she? He had been given a second chance, and he would not blow it. He would find Sasha and regain his throne, that he vowed to himself. He exited the dark room, and a busy street lay before him. Noone paid any attention to him, though they did seem to stay awfully far away. His clothes were torn from battle, and the three holes were still in his armor, left to remind him of his past.

Vlad has been travelling with a cursed peasant girl he saved from a tavern in some town far to the north of Althanas. Nkana has become his reason for existing, and everything he does, other than the few things that will ultimately lead to revenge and the return of his throne, are done for her.

Skills: Leadership, dancing, etiquette, equestrian, above average skill in swordsmanship

Spells: Limited telekenesis(limited to his sword and objects under 30 pounds)
Fire bolt: Vlad can create and shoot a bolt of fire. The bolt is the size of a basketball and he may produce five per thread.

Armor: None, his armor was destroyed during a battle

Weapons: A giant demon sword he acquired during a battle(as strong as damascus)

Steed: Vlad has a horse he stole while fleeing a city.

(Cyrus, the sword was awarded for a thread, I cant recall which, but if I need to change the material, I will.)

Cyrus the virus
04-15-06, 02:15 PM
I'd like for you to make a note of how good his swordsmanship is, please. Above average is pretty good for level 2 I'd say.

Two fireballs per post is a lot! How about five or so per thread?

Damascus is far too strong a material for your sword to be made of... I can't imagine what Unseen was thinking when he approved that. Did you purchase it at the bazaar?

EDIT: Also, you can add two or so skills if you like, if you're level 2.

Prince Vlad
04-15-06, 02:52 PM
changes were made, except for the sword, Ill change it if I must.

Cyrus the virus
04-15-06, 03:00 PM
Nah, I trust ye :)

Approved.