PDA

View Full Version : Not very fair

Reiko
06-14-07, 12:24 AM
(Prahna'dyuta fight with Bandesh Champion Ami

Closed to Maia)

“So this will help me with the sun?” Doji said as she eyed the large blue bottle with a mosaic of the sun on it. Fallien was murder on Ki’s skin as she found her self wrapped in cheap yet cool robes but that just wasn’t going to do today. She was going to take part in the Ritual combat of Prahna'dyuta. It was something to broaden the vixen’s horizons and teach her something of unarmed combat since swords were prohibited unless fighting monsters.

“Yes, heck you can have the bottle free if you promise that you come to me to buy more when you notice that your skin won’t burn.” The man was a rather odd merchant with a shaggy beard and wrinkly tan skin and a bald point but he seemed honest and Ki realized that what harm would a free bottle do, other than turn her skin blue or something.

“Ok I’ll take it.” Ki said as she smiled and winked at the tradesman. “Thanks a bunch this is just what I need.” Ki smiled as she left and even left a few coins as a tip. If this stuff worked the merchant would have a loyal customer in the kitsune girl.

Having reached the arena there was a place walled off for preparations, Bandesh was a grappling style and fighting against it with loose robes just wasn’t the best way to go. Ki had learned during the basics classes that her robes and tails were a disadvantage as many could grab them and use them to throw her or something else. The robes was one thing Ki could solve though it was not very modest, simply wear her two piece bathing suite and thanks to the ointment that would prevent the sun’s rays from doing damage, she could use that. Also would give a distraction on her side since she knew the Bandesh champion was male and one of the types that enjoyed women for their sake. Maybe that advantage would be enough to make up for the weakness of the tails.

Once the ronin had stripped down to her bikini and rubbed in the sunscreen to keep the sun off, she waited and even added some ointment to her tails to make them slick. That was all she could do. Once the vixen was done preparing she could only wait to meet her partner for the fight, another girl so this would be the right meeting place.

“I really hope I don’t embarrass myself.” Ki smiled nervously to herself. This was going to be a tough fight. She was a woman that could beat any of Fallien’s swordsmen fair and square but this time she was using a fighting style that she was just taught the basics and against someone that could be considered an expert.

Maia
06-17-07, 09:54 AM
There was a stark difference between Fallien and nearly every other place Maia knew of. It had no trees or excess foliage like Corone or Alerar and was as dry as a sun-bleached bone. Her feet learned about that rather quickly when she wanted to take off her shoe, and found a rather unpleasant burning sensation after only a few steps. It had taken sometime to get into the country itself, securing a pass that would allow her to leave and to learn about some of the basic dangers about the country. Heat was apparently a bit more dangerous then most would think, and water was treasured far more then someone from Corone would expect.

The girl had found out about the Prahna'dyuta after a few hours of searching around the Merchant's Walkway, and after a couple minutes learning how to pronounce it correctly, decided to set off to see what it was like. She passed by many other native Fallien people, slowly and surely adopting into the custom of them as best she could. Her wings had been hidden since she received her exit pass, at the warning of others. They could have confused her with a harpy, and that would not have ended well for the girl.

She visited the arena after searching through some of the glass jewelry and cloths. She was considering buying some. It wasn't until after she had learned the basics of the Prahna'dyuta battle she would be in that she decided to pick up new cloths for it. Her old cloths, while able to repel a sword blow or prevent an attack, were not well suited. Instead she wore clothes bought from the Merchant Walkway, enough to cover the essentially and not fall off during the middle of the fight.

She tugged a little at the clothes as she entered into the arena for the actual fight she would have with the champion. She understood the rules, so the other person that was in the arena was probably going to be her partner. She made herself known quickly, walking up to the older looking woman with a grin. She had several tails that Maia found interesting, and had a strange sheen on her body like she was out of water. Still, she was also her partner in this fight.

"Hey!" Maia said aloud. She grinned, keeping her new Fallien clothes steady. They fit well, but she had never really worn them before, and they bothered her like all new clothes do. She didn't have anything else besides her cloths, and a small pouch that held a couple coins for food afterwards. "You're my partner for the Bandesh fight right? I'm Maia."