PDA

View Full Version : Familiars...

Elijah_Morendale
06-14-07, 11:30 PM
A couple quick questions. Let's say that I'm thinking about making Elijah gradually go a tad loco, to the point where he sort of develops an imaginary friend. Aside from obvious conversation possibilities, I was thinking about having the figment of his imagination point out things that Elijah himself would've otherwise not noticed, like possible escape routes, slightly hidden objects, distant noises, etc.

Now. Would this "friend" be classified as a familiar? Would I have to wait until Elijah levels up and do the level-up-character update to be able to introduce him/her (haven't decided yet) in a quest?

Amaril Torrun
06-14-07, 11:39 PM
Well, an imaginary friend is more of a personality development than a familiar. Just quest with this friend slowly forming into his head or something like that. You shouldn't need to wait to lv up for developing your character.

Elijah_Morendale
06-14-07, 11:41 PM
Okay. That's what I was thinking too (I have been sort of developing the idea of a "voice" inside his head), but I just figured that I'd double-check, because of the slight sight and hearing "bonuses" that I mentioned.

Massacre
06-14-07, 11:43 PM
Just try it out, if the RoG mod doesn't deem it fit, you'll be asked to edit it - no harm done. :)

AdventWings
06-15-07, 12:56 AM
As long as the familiar's not a sentient humanoid, I don't see why not?

Serilliant
06-15-07, 03:02 AM
You'd be allowed to use new things between level updates, so even if we would classify the friend as a familiar, you would still be able to use it. If there were any problems with its use, a judge would note it before you next level update (or a Realm of Greeting mod would point it out upon updating).

That's a really interesting idea, by the way. I've played around with alternate personalities a bit on this character and I really like the way you're planning to take yours.