PDA

View Full Version : Death and Justice

RendingGore
06-15-07, 12:38 AM
L'Renor Harlilen, the land of the forsaken. As soon as I stepped foot onto this war stained region, I could hear the cries and moans of fallen fathers, sons, and brothers. This was music to my ears.

I strolled around shortly when I was stopped by a small legion of maybe twelve dwarves. They were clearly speaking in dwarvish tongue, which I couldn't understand. After a few minutes of striking conversation one finally stepped forward. He was considerably taller then most dwarves, maybe 5'5. His legs were massive, from the looks of it all muscle. He had quite a bit of upper body, though he also carried around what looked to be a cumbersome gut. He had a long black beard with long black hair that looked to be combed thoroughly. He wore golden chestplates with chainmail leggings, and atop of him stood a large golden helmet. He wielded a massive battleaxe, with a gold handle. His men all just looked to be fairly unexperienced grunts and peasants, all carrying cheap weapons. He began to speak to me in the tongue that was most familiar, Demonic. "What are you, unholy one?" he said. "Do I get a little gold for telling you, from the looks of it you care more about your vanity then skill or stell in combat." I replied sarcastically. All of his men laughed as if they were hiding something.

He threw a pair of golden dice at my feet. "Can I challenge a dog's ass like you to a game at Nel'xan?" he inquired. "If I knew whatever the hell that is, I might respond, so why don't you elaborate, snob?" I replied with spite. "It is simple. Lowest amount wins, if you get a pair you lose, so three wins by default. The winner selects one item the loser is carrying and takes it. Whether it may be his sword, or a simple coin of gold, the winner can take it." the dwarf replied. "Easy enough, but what if I decline?" I asked. "Then I'll take your head in place of that beautiful golden locket you carry." he replied. I chuckle meekly. "I'm afraid you'd have to pry the locket from my cold dead hands, for it is mine to carry alone. Although, if I could give you the torment it provides me I would." say I, followed by a swift snicker.

I bent down to pick up my dice, and rolled. I got a four...three and one equals four. He laughed cockily, and revealed his dice. They were made out of some sort of black diamond, they were very shiny. They also gave off a strange presence, as if something were locked within them. He rolled snake eyes, so I won. He spit at the ground and muttered something under his breath which I couldn't understand, probably in dwarven tongue.

"I won, so I choose the four game dice, black and gold." I said. "Fine, but be wary demon, these dice hold something which not even your hells should see." He said, then walked away as if he was just charged with murder, throwing the dice at my feet as he left. I picked them up and put them in a small burlap bag I was carrying. I planned to sell the gold dice, but something about the black ones called to me, something in it prospered...