PDA

View Full Version : Disaster Island (closed to sherin, Drake, thorn aldsmith, Rith and Melissa)

Edward Judorne
06-16-07, 10:50 PM
If you are interested in joining, PM me.

There are many legends in this world. Many stories that serve as warnings to other people have been lost due to time or have been altered by time. Some stories have even been said to be nothing more than myths. These tales are sometimes important to the continued longevity of an entire civilization. If one of these tales is lost due to time or misheard, it can be disastrous.

Edward Judorne knew this to be one of the few things he could count on in life. He was the self-proclaimed 'guardian' of many dangerous artifacts. So far he had only had to keep artifacts he knew something about, though, which made life easier.

He had been napping on the lakeshore in one of his few moments of peace until he was woken up by some screams in the distance.

"What the heck is happening?" Edward said to noone in particular as he got up and prepared for anything.

"I was wondering the same thing. There is an island in the sea that I think may hold our answer, though. I was just about to catch a boat there myself." A mysterious man in a black trenchcoat said from behind Edward. "My name is Mister Meritin. I am a researcher who used to live on the previously mentioned island. Recently all hell broke loose and I was called back from a long vacation to help stop the chaos. You can come along if you want. I will explain more on the boat."

Edward nodded. It sounded like something he would be interested in researching as well, so he followed Meritin to the ship. It was big enough to hold 10 people.

Meritin pointed. "That is my boat. I will set off i" Edward couldn't help wondering how Meritin got his own boat, but he didn't bother asking.

"So, what is the name of this island?" Edward asked

"Alvitra" Meritin said

"How come i've never heard of it?"

"Probably because of the disaster 100 years back. The island itself has become so dangerous everybody agreed not to mention it to anyone. I think we should rest at the inn today. My treat. We leave tomorrow."

Edward nodded and followed Meritin to a nearby inn.

"Ah, if it isn't Mister Meritin. I will show you to your room." The innkeeper said as they entered.

"Hey mind finding a room for this kid too?" Meritin said as he put some gold on the counter

"Sure thing, sir."

sherin
06-17-07, 09:35 AM
Sherin was happily eating his dinner, when two men entered the inn. The one in the trench coat was apparently known in these parts because on entering the inn keeper greeted him like an old friend, the other man, though, seemed a little out of place.

'Interesting...' Shensho murmurs to Sherin.

Sherin's face becomes brighter.

'What? whats interesting?' Sherin inquires mentally to Shensho.

'that man in the trench coat... I'm not sure, but there's something about him...' Shensho says with a little bit of interest, "We should keep an eye on him...'

Sherin just smirks as he continues to gobble the food he has been given.

'so whats with the other man?'

'he's a half-elf prince, or something like that... other than that isn't much...'

Sherin starts to laugh slightly.

'What?' Shensho says starting to get seriously annoyed with Sherin.

'it's nothing, but you seem to be hiding something,'

Shensho just grunts in response, hearing him grunt, Sherin can't help but start laughing.

Rith
06-19-07, 06:14 PM
Rith walked peacefully alongside a rocky cliff overlooking a clear, bluish lake as he hummed a few old tunes to himself. A steady breeze and the passing of a series of rather large slow-moving cloud’s shadow proved quite refreshing after a day’s walk in the hot unshielded sun amidst a strange new land. The sun was angled in the sky as what Rith related to as about eleven hours past sun-up. A coastal town appeared in the distance after Rith conquered the crest of a large hill he’d been climbing for the past two hours. Rith stared across the land sighing at the decent of the monstrous hill, the sight of a large overgrown field, and a few other small rolling hills between him and the town. He doubted he’d arrive in town before sundown, but the thought of civilization, hot and fresh food, a warm bunk, and most importantly, ale proved enough motivation to lighten his feet.

Five hours later…

Rith was a few hundred paces outside of town now and the sun was nearly hidden behind the lake. Gah, I need to find the damn Inn as soon as I get into town. I hope its not another one of those trashed up back alley thug infested ones, I’m not in the damn mood. A few cottages smoked from their chimneys while candles flickered inside their occupant’s homes as Rith made his way up the town’s southern road. It wasn’t much longer until he reached the town square where it took him little time to find the Inn, considering the Inn had the largest and most decorative sign of all the candle lit buildings.

Pushing through the door, Rith slumped down into a chair near the middle of the room. He dropped his satchel and weapons to the floor in front of his feet then signaled the innkeeper not a moment later.

The innkeep’ walked over and asked, “Ello, what can I do for you at this time of night?”

“A mug o’ m’ld ale an’ wh’t’ver yah l’rg’st dinn’r plate ‘as ta offah. Ac’ually, ma’e ‘at two ales, an’ do yah ‘ave b’ard an’ bunk fo’ teh nigh’ ava’lable?”

“We do. I’ll be back with your drink shortly and food soon after. Your room will be down the hall, second to last room on the left. Enjoy.”

“Thank yah.”

Leaning back in his chair, Rith propped his feet up on the chair directly across from him at his table and relaxed his feet. What a day. Sure hope the food’s good. He closed his eyes and waited for the man to bring him his order. I wonder what there’s to do in these parts, hell what are these parts.

Translation:

“A mug of mild ale and whatever your largest dinner plate has to offer. Actually make that two ales, and do you have board and bunk for the night available?”

thorn aldsmith
06-19-07, 10:10 PM
Thorn had been walking for a good part of the day thinking to himself how difficult it was to find adventures, certainly harder than he thought it was going to be! So far in the day he had managed to find a very unusual public house that served food that he didn’t recognise and he must have walked a million miles, or that’s what it had seemed like to him. He had decided too stick close the shore front, the smells and the feeling of the sea keeping him calm and comfortable. Now that the sun was setting he decided that he needed to find somewhere to rest for the night. He noticed a town not to far away maybe half an hours walk, and they had a dock by the town too. He could try the ships in the morning. The life of a deck hand that would be exciting, he might even meet pirates!

As he approached the town the ships were definitely looking exciting. Yeah he would like to help on a ship. The town consisted of mostly small houses. He went round a corner and saw an Inns’ sign. Thorn stopped hesitantly it looked busy.

What if everyone stares at me? He thought to himself increasing his own apprehension. He hadn’t seen any Lagarto on his quest yet and wondered if these people would try to hurt him for being different. He still hadn’t moved when the door opened, snapping Thorn back to reality. As quickly as he could he stepped into the shadow of the door, he needn’t have bothered the elf coming out of the door had no interest in looking for lizards behind the door. Instead he wandered off talking to himself not looking back. Seizing the opportunity to hopefully sneak in undetected he rushed in the quickly closing door.

The inn had started to empty so there was only a handful of people left inside including a large, jovial looking man laughing with a dwarf. Thorn stood close to the bar looking like he would rather be anywhere else in the world. Just then the barman spotted him and smiled broadly moving closer. Thorn’s eyes widened at his approach and put his hand instinctively on his staff.

“You won’t be needing that me boy.” The barman said stopping his motions forward “How can I ‘elp you” he finished. Thorn felt every eye in the place looking at him.

“I’d…er” he said panic in his voice “I wanted a room for the night because I have walked very far today and...” he whittled on trying to explain his day and lack of anything happening. The barman just smiled and nodded not listening, waiting for the story to end.

“We do have a room available for ya” he said after Thorn finished rambling “I’ll put ya in the room right at the end so ya don’t have anyone near ya, ya look like a frightened rabbit” he commented. Thorn didn’t respond to this but looked the direction he pointed. “Can I get ya ‘drink or some food since ya travelled so much?” he added.

Thorn hadn’t realised how hungry he was, until this well fed gentleman mentioned food. “Actually yes” Thorn said “Food would be very good erm” he hesitated again “I don’t suppose you have any grilo?” The barman smile faded slightly, Thorn noticed this disappointedly.

“Sorry me lad we don’t stock grilo but we can do something that is similar, hespar for ya” Thorn had heard of hespar and nodded.

So Thorn sat on the nearest table, trying to make himself as small as possible not making eye contact with anyone!

Melissa
06-21-07, 04:35 PM
Melissa was wandering the lakefront by herself. She was bored out of her mind and was looking for something to do. Finally, she gave up. It was getting late, so she decided to spend the night at the inn. She was extremely surprised when she noticed how packed it was inside, though.

Melissa sat down and looked around. It was obvious to her that this place almost never got this much business because even the innkeeper seemed extremely confused as to why it was packed.

"Say, Meritin," The innkeeper said to the man in the trenchcoat. "I don't suppose all these guys are heading back with you."

"Not to my knowledge, but if they want to head to Alvitra with me, I would be happy to pay the fare. Besides, If things are as bad as I hear they are, I will need all the help I can get." The man named Meritin replied.

Melissa got up and walked over to Meritin.

"Count me in. I am willing to go anywhere as long as it isn't boring." Melissa said.

Meritin looked over at her and then nodded. "Well, I will let you come along when we leave tomorrow, but you may regret leaving your boring life. Anyone else interested in coming?"

Drake
06-22-07, 09:31 AM
Drake had been standing in the corner of the Inn when the man had asked if anyone would like to join him in going to Alvitra, this caught Drakes attention only because he was out of work, and was absolutely bored to death.

Drake saw a woman volunteer to join him in going...Drake just laughs quietly, so no one could hear, at her for being a naive little girl joining a quest she would probably die in and one that she knew nothing about.

The old man intrigued Drake, at first glance he had just seemed like a usual, human, but Drake didn't like it, something about the man seemed wrong about him, and it was unsettling to Drake.

Drake decides to if not go then at least observe this old man for now, and approaches him.

"So whats up with this place Alvitra thats got you spooked old man."

thorn aldsmith
06-22-07, 07:02 PM
Thorn sat there watching the conversation happening by the bar, trying not to catch anyone’s eye. Alvitra, he's never heard of this place. He would ask the barman when he brings the food over about it.

As if performing a summoning ritual the barman then brought Thorn his food over.

"That man over there, he spoke of a place called Alvitra. Where is that?" Thorn asked inquisitively.

"I've ne'er heard of it before meself." the barman said "but he was talking of it like it was an island somewhere" he finished

Island, the magic word swam in Thorns head. To adventure on an island they would need to sail there. Then without thinking another thought "I'll go too" he said so suddenly he almost knocked his hespar over.

"Are you..." Meritin said looking Thorn over "...sure. It’s likely to be dangerous" he finished. Looking around to the three members of the team he smiled slightly

"I'd like to go" Thorn said shyly this time. "I can handle myself, my dad taught me how to, and I’d love to be able to help out on the ship" he said now looking down to the floor embarrassed about the outburst.

"Then I’d love to have you helping us" Meritin said taking a drink and having a long swig of it. “I guess that makes three." he said almost to himself.

Edward Judorne
07-02-07, 09:08 PM
When asked about the island Meritin thought for a bit. He obviously didn't want to scare anyone off.

"Recently some events have occured that seem to indicate that we may not have solved a problem that nearly destroyed the island 100 years ago. The problem seems worse this time around, though. Trust me, it has gotten so bad that you will know the island when you see it."

Edward looked up. "Let me guess, the reason you are so concerned is that there is a chance that this time it could destroy more than just the island this time?"

"Exactly. In fact, there is a chance that we may not even make it to the island. I will let everyone know all the details tomorrow after we set sail. So, has anyone else decided to come along?"

sherin
07-07-07, 04:54 PM
Sherin glanced up at the group that was gonna go with the old man, and thought it sounded like a lot of fun to go along with them and check out this mysterious island, suddenly Sherin stood up and walked up to the old man and the group.

"HEY!" Sherin greats them enthusiastically, "Ya mind if I help ya out, this sounds like a lot of fun ya know." Sherin couldn't help but smile this trip he could tell was gonna be fun.

Melissa
07-30-07, 11:00 AM
Sorry, Rith. I got tired of waiting for you. When you get your computer fixed, PM me on my Edward Judorne username. We will figure out a way to get you back into it then.

Meritin nodded. "Sure, you can come along, as long as you understand that this isn't all fun and games. The fact is this is probably going to be the most dangerous mission you have ever accepted. I would also like to point out that once we get on the boat, there is no turning back from your decision, so try to think your choice through. I think I will turn in for the night, now. If anyone needs me, my room number is 31. We will leave at sunrise tomorrow morning, so if anyone needs to prepare, they should do it by then."

Melissa grabbed her room key. Turning in for the night sounded like a good idea to her. She had no idea if she could get up at sunrise, but she knew she wanted to go on this adventure. She fell asleep rather quickly, but was woken up in the middle of the night by some screams off in the distance. The screaming only lasted for a few seconds before they stopped, but the screams weren't her imagination. She was sure of that.

Melissa rushed out of her room and knocked on the door to room 31. There was something she had to know. Meritin answered and waved her in.

"Let me guess. You want to know about those screams just now, right?" Meritin said as soon as Melissa entered the room.

"Sort of. I can guess they are coming from this Alvitra place, but I was wondering if you really think we stand a chance out there."

"I have been staying here every night for the past week taking notes on the how often the screams happened and how long they lasted, as well as how loud they were. I figured a lot out from just this noise, I found out that I couldn't survive out there myself, I figured out that not many people have died, as of yet. I think if we work together, we can save Alvitra, but the danger is extremely high, so we will need to be on our guard at all times."

Melissa headed out of the room. She was sure of one thing now. This adventure wasn't going to be boring.

Drake
08-06-07, 07:40 PM
Drake smiles at the old man, danger was something that Drake had no problem with that, the sound of it makes him shiver with excitement the prospect of a good fight sounded like alot of fun to Drake.

Drake watches as the old man stands up and goes to his room for the night, then shadows him to his room, but stays carefully hidden in the shadows, he had no intention of letting his new employer get hurt as have the trip postponed until he got better. as Drake sat near the door of the old man, he hears the scream in the night, a chill runs down Drakes spine, the death screams of a fool who was about to die, the thought gave Drake a flash of ecstasy, over his years of killing people for money, he was starting to really like the sound.

Drake watches as one of his new traveling companions burst into the old mans room, Drake watches her to make sure that she made no outwardly aggressive moves, one of Drakes daggers ready to strike her through the heart in an instant, but is disappointed when she leaves, "Looks like you wont be tasting her blood tonight." Drake purrs to his knife as he replaces it in his cape. Tomorrow is always another day...

Shell
09-25-07, 05:55 AM
ugh, first Rith, now Thorn? luckily, I have 2 replacements lined up. one is a character of mine, the other is one of Drake's characters.

Meanwhile...
----------

Shell was dissapointed as she surveyed the landscape. She wanted the excitement of not only a fight, but a warzone. She wanted to keep her mind off of the fact that the Citadel had healed everyone she fought making it impossible to raise her kill count. There was one fight in particular that weighed heavily on her mind. At one time, she had to fight a half-dragon who matched her move for move to the very end. The battle itself ended in a double KO, which was fine by her. She still killed him, after all. Problem was that the citadel healed both him and her.

From that day forward, Shell refused to fightin the citadel ever again. Last time she saw the half-dragon, She promised him a rematch. Thing was, Shell was never able to find an environment that would work for the battle. In fact, she had almost given up hope when she saw an Island off in the distance that seemed to have a dark cloud hanging above it. There were screams coming from that direction, too. That was enough to convince Shell to bring the battle there. Now all she had to do was find her foe.

From what she remembered about the dragonman, He was just as into chaos and destruction as she was, which meant, of course, that if he saw the island, he would likely go there too. Therefore, without any hesitation on her part, Shell started flying towards the island to wait for him.

sdwdrake
09-28-07, 07:39 AM
Crum wanted to kill that woman even more than he did while he was in the Citadel, she had KILLED him, which was un-acceptable, and she was going to die for what she did…Crum was not someone who gave up on a fight until one or the other was dead, Crum hated to loose, or tie.

Crum had been trying to track the girl for a few days now…something he had never been very good at and never really cared to learn how to do properly, but he had still had some luck on his side and was able to follower her so far.

Crum was able to find the island very quickly, the screams of the dying is an easy thing to track, and he could catch a slight smell of the woman on the winds, heading towards the island. Crum smiles evilly as he starts toward the island, finally a re-match

Edward Judorne
10-06-07, 04:31 PM
Edward looked up at the sky, it was morning, but there was some trouble brewing in the sky, nonetheless. He saw two demonic looking figures flying towards the island. It was more serious than he thought. After a bit of searching, Edward ran out the door to find Meritin waiting on the ship. Edward got on and turned to Meritin. "When do we leave?"

Meritin turned back to Edward. "I assume you saw the demoness and the dragon flying towards the island, because otherwise you wouldn't be in such a hurry to leave. Don't worry, though. I plan on leaving in 30 minutes. I just hope the others wake up in time to board the ship."