PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to?!

The Valkyrie
03-25-06, 10:13 PM
Ok, just so you know, this was all I could find, but I'm 99% sure that I'd gotten Bryn to level 3. Ask Letho he'd know. Or Zieg. I don't care, although she did have more armor than this... I'll mention it at the end.

Level One Update

Name: Brynhilde Darkthorne
Eyes: Emerald Green
Hair: pale golden blonde
Height/Weight: 5'7/ 125lbs
Race: Valkyrie (angel of death and bringer of peace to all warriors)

Appearance: Brynhilde is a typical warrior woman - her golden curls flow wildly from beneath her winged helmet, and her armor gleams bright polished silver. She has brilliant emerald eyes, set in a tanned heartshaped face. Her short leather skirt reveals long shapely legs which are protected by silver leg guards. These are matched by silver gauntlets and breastplate. At her side is a small sword, and afixed to her right arm is a small silver shield. Across her back, a larger broadsword hangs, looking almost too large for the young looking girl to maneuver. All of her weapons and armor are engraved with runic symbols, and the sword on her back glows with an otherworldly light. Her face is often solemn and unsmiling, although once she was filled with the joy of her position - one who could bring peace to the brave warriors who served her gods.

Personality: Silent and stealthy, she used to know how to laugh. A warrior woman and sacred virgin, the valkyrie once served warriors in Val Halla. Now, bound to earth, she searches silently for some way back to her home.... heaven. Stoic and speechless, she rarely speaks when approached, for she is not accustomed to speaking to the living (and the last time she did got her in trouble).

Items: Traditional Valkyrie armor and weapons of unknown material (they look silver, but are actually closer to steel (tier 2 materials)). Also a torque of solid gold around her neck in a design of both ancient knotwork and runic symbols, at one time this was enchanted and protected Brynhilde from danger while she walked the earth.

Abilities: As a Valkyrie, Brynhilde has the ability to feel when death is imminent. Before she was cursed, she could know who would die and how, but now she only has the ability to tell that a death is going to happen. The closer she gets to breaking the curse and making herself worthy to be one of the chosen again, the more ability she will have to know death, and to bring it. She also has the ability to take the pain from the dying process. Any warrior whom the gods find worthy, she will be able to make their death seem less painful.

History: All Valkyries are the chosen representatives of the gods to bring death and reward their honored warriors with eternity. Brynhilde was considered to be among the best of these warrior women and bringers of death. She was emotionless, and never allowed herself to become attached to her chosen warriors. All warriors dreamed of being chosen by Brynhilde, for she was the most gentle, the most kind, and the most fair of all the Valkyries. As Brynhilde's skill of deathbringing developed, she began to spend more time with her chosen warriors before she took them to Val Halla, giving them the opportunity to prepare for their deaths. She felt they had served their gods so well, that they had earned the right to prepare themselves and their loved ones for the normally sorrowful event that was to come. Her chosen ones respected her and loved her for this. Eventually though, Brynhilde made the mistake of allowing emotion. She began, without realizing it at first, to feel something for a warrior who was to die. Eryk was a valiant warrior, and well-known on earth and in Val Halla. He was large, towering over the Valkyrie by several inches. He had flowing red hair, bright blue eyes which glowed like the winter sky, and an open smile that one could not help but trust. And she made the mistake of returning his feelings. Feelings which so many other warriors had felt for her. Longer and longer, she procrastinated in taking him to Val Halla. She knew that once she did that, their time would be through, and he would forget her for the virgins who would entertain him for eternity in the great hall of warriors. Eryk knew this too, and begged her every night not to take him to the gods just yet. One night, after several months, Brynhilde was awakened by a vision of her mistress - the Dark Goddess who was death. Bowing her head, Brynhilde knew why her mistress was there. A tear slipped down her cheek as the Goddess spoke. "You have failed me Brynhilde, and failed your sisters as well. These warriors trust in you to bring them to peace. Eryk should have died months ago. I should have had the honor of welcoming him to my bosom and showing him to my hall long ago. He has cheated many good warriors of their own honor by living through things he should have died from," the Dark Lady spoke quietly, the shadows shifting strangely around her feet. "My Lady," the Valkyrie cried, turning an emerald gaze on Death herself, "I know that I have betrayed my sisters.... but I cannot let him die. He needs me, and... I .... love him mistress. I did not know I could." "Because you have erred, you have not only cursed yourself, but you have cursed your chosen warrior. You have been trained to avoid emotion. In your lack of discipline, you have now forced me to confine you to a body of flesh and blood, and to condemn Eryk to darkness for eternity. Never will he see the halls of Val Halla, and neither shall you from this day forward," the Goddess cursed Brynhilde, her voice horribly quiet. "My Lady, I must protest! Surely you cannot punish your own servants for the crime of love! Be compassionate, I beg you" Brynhilde pleaded, her tears now flowing free. "Brynhilde, I will make one concession, only because the other gods would want me to. If you fulfill the destiny I will set before you, I will lift my punishment, and you and your love may return to your original fates. You still may not be together, but you, Brynhilde, will be permitted to return to your home in Val Halla, and so will Eryk be welcomed to his reward in the hall of warriors as well. This is the only allowance I will make," the dark one conceded. "And what, my lady, is my destiny that I must fulfill?" Brynhilde asked, hopefully. "That, Brynhilde is something that you must find out, yourself. The closer you come to it, the more of your own you will regain. You will still even on earth be able to sense me when I am near, but you will not know at first whose life I will take. As you grow closer to fulfilling the destiny I set before you, the more you will know of my plans and who I plan to take. One gift I leave you with... you may still ease the pain of death from my chosen warriors - but ONLY from those I choose, and no others." With that, the Dark Lady faded from the room and Brynhilde was left in the cold darkness, with her love still lying beside her. She reached for him, touching his face, and was horrified to touch icy cold skin, and realize that he was dead. The Dark Lady had already taken him.

Level 1
Joining Letho Ravenheart and his companion Myrhia, Brynhilde travelled to the Great White Oak known as Yggdrasil to search out the three old women who control fate, called the Norn. The purpose of this was to reunite Letho with his dead wife for at least a few moments. While on their journey to the Tree, Bryn's love Eryk, whom she is trying to save from an eternity in the Underworld meets them, and guides them to the Tree. Along the way they are accosted by creatures from the Underworld, and Bryn and Myrhia are almost killed. The Norn come, cast out the demonic creatures, and tell Letho and Eryk to bring the women to Yggdrasil where they will be healed.

At the tree, after healing both the women, Letho is told that he cannot be saved, and must fight his own demons. Brynhilde finds out that she must allow Myrhia's mother to take over her body so that Myrhia can face her demons instead. For her selflessness Bryn is awarded with Yarina's gauntlet. (link to Angels and Their Demons)

Brynhilde's personality has changed since this has happened to her. She now has much more conviction, and a stronger belief in herself that she can break the curse and save Eryk from the Underworld. Her skill as a warrior has grown, as her understanding of mortals has increased. She knows her limitations, and understands how to use others' limitations to her advantage now.

New Ability: Rage of the Valkyrie - If Brynhilde becomes angry during a battle or fight, or is overwhelmed by her enemies, once during a thread for the length of no more than three of her posts she may become enraged. This rage grants the Valkyrie greater strength and speed against her attackers during the duration of these posts.

New Item: Yarina's gauntlet - a mythril gauntlet which was one of five pieces of the armor which allowed the legendary Yarina to travel to the Underworld to redeem her firstborn child. The gauntlet allows Brynhilde to fight against creatures of the Underworld with greater accuracy and strength.

Bryn receives the second of the pair of gauntlets in Yarina's armor. While the first aids in her accuracy and strength against creatures of the Underworld, it also now allows her to create a wave of power that she can use in her attacks against all enemies including those of this world. The second gauntlet gives the opposite ability- it aids in defense against creatures of the Underworld most strongly, but also against mortal earthly foes.

Yarina'a Breastplate - this mysterious piece of armor is of the same mythril-type material as the gauntlets. The breastplate for now can only protect her from normal attacks, and those psychic attacks aimed at her emotions. The breastplate has other qualities, but Bryn does not yet know them.

Yarina's circlet - a glimmering tiara which enhances the wearer's innate abilities - in Bryn's case it does three things, amplifies her beauty to what warriors saw in battle before they fell when she was still immortal, makes her better able to sense when and for whom her mistress Death has come, and amplifies her ability to ease the pain of death.

Dissinger
03-26-06, 01:47 AM
Hey, just talk to Letho he usually saves profiles of the people he's with. If you want to wait for that tell me otherwise I'll give you a a look over.

The Valkyrie
03-26-06, 11:23 AM
nah, this is fine - except for the rest of the armor I don't mind - and I think I got a lot of the rest of the armor in between level updates. I didn't add any abilities that I use.

EDIT: I added in the armor that I'd gotten, the descriptions that were in the last update were all Letho had.

Dissinger
03-28-06, 11:07 PM
Approved.