PDA

View Full Version : Dale Bridgebury Wandering Aimlessly near Rasasanth

dxoldman
04-16-06, 08:34 AM
I open my eyes, aching from another night’s sleep on the Hard Ground Inn. Why is it always so cold, first thing in the morning? Makes you never want to get up...but slowly I sit up, steadying myself, then looking at the remnants of a beautiful roaring fire which lay dead before me. Reaching for my pack, I look inside and dig out a cold biscuit and a smallish piece of bacon. I taste the biscuit, pausing for a moment, wondering if it’s gone bad. Shrugging my shoulders, I chew on, deciding that I’ll maybe spend a little more time in the next town, whatever its name is. Realizing I’m wasting the morning lollygagging around, I stuff everything back in my pack and roll up my musty old bedroll. As I tie it to my pack, I know I will have to break down and buy a new one soon…but, I need to get up and moving.

Setting out on the open road, I begin to whistle a little ditty that has been rolling around in my head. Walking roads get tiring quick and today is no different. Trying to pick up my feet, otherwise I create clouds of dirt, the forest nearby seems bright and sunny. Too inviting, damn those wood nymphs. They seem to love to lure minstrels into the woods. It’s not bad a bad time, just exhausting…and when done, you feel they didn’t enjoy it, they just did it because that is the sort of things that dryads do…for the music and dancing, I mean. Trying to get my mind back on the road, I notice a sign, up in the distance for some town. Squinting, I can just barely make out the name…it says Radasanth – 15 miles. Damn, I didn’t know I was this close to The Big Turnip. Stomach grumbling, I hike up my pack and shoulder on towards Radasanth.

Letho
09-24-06, 10:25 AM
This thread has been closed due to inactivity and moved to the Archives. If you wish to reactivate this thread, please PM me or one of the administrators.