PDA

View Full Version : Enter the Bull-God

The Aurochs Horn
04-16-06, 01:12 PM
Name: Vahkan Shatteredmoon
Race: Taurek
Hair: Long and black, down to the middle of his back and filled with many braids
Eyes: Dark Blue
Height: 7' 2"
Weight: 425 lbs

Personality: Vahkan is above all else a nice guy. He get's along well with others and often does his best work in a group, where they can play off each other's strengths and weaknesses. However, he is a bit slow to trust others and has a rather short temper. And if one were to betray his trust, that one should run and never turn back.

Appearance: Vahkan stands at a rather imposing 7' 2" tall and is built on a massive scale - like all Taureks. His legs are more like the trunks of trees, covered in long, thick fur, and ending in huge hooves instead of feet. His upper body looks fairly human, is powerfully muscled, and is practically covered by hundreds of scars large and small - the result of a lifetime of fighting. Two large horns protrude from his skull, beginning just above his temple, sweeping backwards to the back of his head, and then forward again, extending about 8 inches past his forehead. He also has a tail, about a foot and a half long and ending in a tuft of brown fur. As far as looks go, he is fairly handsome, with a strong jaw and caring eyes, but unlike many of the fairer races a single look from him will not bring a woman to her knees in awe.

History: Vahkan doesn't really trust many people with stories of his past, because they usually center around his clan and his people, who prefer to have their privacy in tact. This is born from the race's origins... but once more this is something he prefers to keep private. However, with enough drink one may pry a few details from him. Including the fact that the Taurek desire their privacy because they are very wary of kings and the like, having once been a slave race to a particularly cruel one.

Something he readily shares is the quest he is on, one which every Taurek must make in order to be considered an adult. It is simply a journey to become stronger. It is different for every single Taurek, and they themselves are the judge of when they are ready. It is a matter of pride and honor, and should they be proved unworthy later on it would be the greatest dishonor a Taurek could recieve and nearly all who are dishonored as such enter a self-imposed exile, never to return to their clan.

He left his home in the frozen northlands more than 2 years ago with nothing but his weapons, and when he feels he is strong enough, he shall return to his clan.

Along the way he has met many interesting people and learned many things, but the most important thing he learned was not to trust everyone he runs into. Lying is unheard of among the Taurek clans, and after many bad experiences with untrustworthy characters, he has realized that trust must be earned in the outside world and that there are many people in the world not able to earn it.

Skills: Vahkan has moderate skills with his axes, able to best a lesser opponent easily. Should he come up against an axe user who has been in practice longer than he, he'll definitely be in for trouble though.

Racial - An Aurochs Strength - Vahkan is far stronger than any human - save for those enhanced by magic. This strength would be equivalent to around 3 times a human's.

Racial - A Calf's Agility - Vahkan is a bit faster on his hooves than most humans. This speed would be around 1 and a half times an average human's.

Rage of the Bull-God: The Taurek worship a deity they simply call the Bull-God, and it is known that in times of extreme rage a Taurek may be blessed with the Bull-God's strength. When this happens to Vahken his strength is divinely doubled. This can last up to 3 posts, and afterwards he is extremely fatigued and must get a full night's rest before he is back to full strength. During this period his strength and speed are both reduced to that of a normal human's, so that he cannot even wield his own axes effectively.

Equipment:
Weapons - (1) Taurek Greataxe - This is much larger than a normal greataxe - being built to be used in two hands by a Taurek. It's double-bitted, the handle made of cured oak and the blade is steel.
(2) Taurek Longaxes - These are again built on a larger scale than a human's, in fact one would have to be wielded in two hands by an average human. They are singly bitted, the handles again made of cured oak and the blade of steel. Vahkan uses these one handedly, usually to dispatch lighter foes where speed is more important than power.

Armor - Vahkan wears no armor, as is the custom of Taurek Warriors

Miscellaneous - Vahkan carries with him a knapsack filled with basic travelling necessities, but no food. If a Taurek cannot hunt his own food each night, he does not eat.

Cyrus the virus
04-17-06, 04:35 AM
I think that's a bit too much strength for level 0, even considering his race.

4 times human strength is too much. It can increase as you level up, but for now I think 2 times a human's strength is fair.

I would like the length of Rage of the Bull-God to be lowered, say to three posts. In exchange for the edit, you can take out the fact that he gets exhausted afterward, but I still only want you to use it only once per battle. With quests, just don't overdo it.

The Aurochs Horn
04-17-06, 07:38 AM
Question, in exchange for dropping Rage of the Bull-God to three posts and keeping the exhaustion, can I perhaps have 3x human strength? If not, it's cool, just wondering. Cause either way I think I'll keep the exhaustion, cause it's sort of like a divinely powered adrenaline rush. And usually after an intense rush like that there is a crash so.. yeah.

Cyrus the virus
04-17-06, 08:06 AM
...Yes.

Because I am awesome, I deem that this is possible. Hoo-hah!

The Aurochs Horn
04-17-06, 08:12 AM
Danke shoen. Edited.

Cyrus the virus
04-17-06, 08:13 AM
Appravlionola.