PDA

View Full Version : Another char pic :D

Sorahn
06-19-07, 10:43 PM
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/57985868/

:D I like how this one turned out, except for Nyris (the dragon). I can't draw dragons to save my life. But I like the composition of him being there, so just imagine that's some awesome rendering of a dragon right there, waiting to eat you.

Other than that, it's another picture of Sorahn just being awesome. The next in my series of redesign sketches. For those keeping score, this time around he's got a few more tribal tattoos, a nifty string of bones (claws?) on his left shoulder, a bone spike thingy through each ear (like those double piercing bar things...), and for the first time since I brought him to life on Althanas: more than one weapon!

I couldn't decide between the awesome spear thing and a katana. I've become more fascinated with katanas recently and I think they better suit his fighting style. So I was gonna just go with the katana, but the spear thing just fits his warrior style. So what to do? Give him both!

I think the spear will still be the kewl weapon he gets in my solo series (whoops, wasn't supposed to tell you that ;) ) so it will be the awesomest, and he'll get the katana and matching tanto/wakizashi (dagger/short sword... on his other hip) later.

I would really like to color this if I find the time, but I really don't know what to do with the dragon. I'm not gonna color each scale and he already looks bad to begin with... meh.

Tell me what ya think.

Elijah_Morendale
06-19-07, 10:46 PM
It could be worse: You could be like me and not be able to draw anything to save your life! haha...

But, I gotta' say that I dig the tattoos. Good jorb!

Massacre
06-19-07, 10:50 PM
I'm a nitpicky artist. More shading under the chin. ;)

Synful_Blood
06-19-07, 10:52 PM
For the dragon: Muscle tone, shoulder isn't up high enough on the body, and make the cheeks more sunken in. It'll give the face some edge.

Ranger
06-19-07, 11:05 PM
I commented on the picture on deviantart. lol. I like the dragon style, looks like a Never Ending story dragon, chinese-esque with hair instead of scales. But I'm sure that's just because it's not colored in.