Name: James Alexander Kingsly; a.k.a.: Jak

Race: Half Elf

Alignment: Good

Height: 5' 8"

Weight: 152 lbs

Hair Color: Golden Blonde

Eye Color: Ice Blue

Appearance:

Jak's build is not that of a body builder. He is of medium height and medium weight. He does not appear to be skinny but he isn't stalky either; he's simply in-between. His hair is just above shoulder length and is twisted into dreadlocks, being longer in back than in front. His short, pointed ears peek out of his hair at all times. His eyes are a light, icy blue color and are sometimes hidden behind his hair. He keeps himself well-shaved aside from a few stubbles on his chin. His skin is slightly tan, an uncommon complexion among those with elven blood.

Personality:

Jak has a very warm personality. He is kind to strangers, respectful to his elders, loyal to his friends, joking with his enemies, and giving with children. The only people he has issues with is authority figures. A partial cause of this is the ' teen rebellion ' state of mind he has been in since puberty set in. He isn't violent with them mind you, he just enjoys playing pranks on guards, sleeping with the mayor's daughters, even taunting mercenaries into scrap fights. In a nutshell, he likes getting into trouble. His skills in combat, acrobatics, stealth and lock picking aren't any help to the victims of his desire for excitement. It is all in fun however and he means no real harm. A wise man once put it so delicatly as to say, " You are a perfect racing horse; strong, fast and very capable. Your only fault is that you refuse to wait for the starting gun before you begin the race. " Yes he is quite the trouble maker, but what teenager isn't?

Clothing:

Head: Jak has a silver lip ring through the right side of his bottom lip and a silver eyebrow piercing through his left eyebrow. Around his neck hangs a set of silver dog tags with his name, age, race etc. enscribed upon them.

Upper Body: Jak wears a thick cotton T-shirt. It is black and red and horrizontally striped. The stripes are about four inches thick. Over this he wears a short collered, black leather jacket. He also wears a black leather, silver sudded bracelet on his right wrist and a silver band around the middle finger of his left hand.

Lower Body: Jak wears a pair of dark green, baggy cargo pants. To support his pants he wears a black leather, silver studded belt with a silver belt buckle in the shape of a baseball diamond. On the right side of his pants dangles a silver chain. His ankle high boots are made of black leather.

Weapon: Jak's weapon of choice is a well-used aluminum bat. Once his prefered instrument of home run hitting, it now protects him in battle and rains down devastating grand slams onto his enemie's heads. It is about three and a half feet long and is suprisingly light weight. It rests in a sheeth Jak wears on his back.

Abilities:

Combat: Proficency- 30% of 100. {Novice}

Acrobatics: Proficency- 25% of 100. {Novice}

Stealth: Proficency- 15% of 80. {Begginer}

Lock Picking: Proficency- 20% of 80. {Begginer}

Racial Abilities:

Heightened Hearing: Jak's elven blood greatly improves his hearing so that he is able to pick up far off and quieter sounds and frequencies that human's could not.

Heightened Sight: His elven blood also improves his eye sight so that he can see farther and clearer than humans, however his eye sight is not as improved as his hearing.

Prolonged Life: Jak's elven blood has also slowed his bodie's aging proccess, prolonging his life and the time of his youth. He is one hundred and nineteen years old and appears but a teenager when compared to normal humans. However, unlike his elven brethren, he is not immortal and will die with age if he is not killed along the way.

Background:

" This is it. It's fuckin' IT man! This is the final pitch of the last game. Bottom of the ninth, bases loaded, two strikes, nothing left to do but close my eyes and swing. Smack it out of the park. Show those guys there's no such thing as a superior race. There! He threw it! Fast ball, straight down the middle, perfect. Nothing left to do but swing. Swing it hard, swing it fast...this one's for Lilly. "

~ Earlier That Evening

" Jak! Jak wait for me! " Jak recognized the voice calling out to him well. He glanced over his shoulder, and sure enough, his younger sister was chasing after him, dressed in her nightgown. He stopped and turned about with an ear to ear grin. He set down his sack and knelt down with arms spread wide, taking her into his arms. His sister giggling, he spun about with her in his arms. He set her back onto the ground and squated down to her level.

" Did you come to see me off Lilly? " said Jak with a smile. The obsidian haired girl grinned wide as she nodded her head excitedly. " Haha. I wish you could come see me play, but it's already passed your bedtime isn't it? " The tiny girl nodded her head with a look of dismay. " Yeah, but don't worry. I'll tell you all about it in the morning. Okay? " Lilly smiled, she lept into her brothers arms once again and spoke in his ear. " Hit one out of the park for me. Okay big brother? " Jak embraced his sister and spoke gently. " You got it sis. "

Jak stood to his feet and waved one last good-bye to his baby sister. He set off once again down the path to the ball park. Tonight was the last game of the season, the regional championships. The worst part wasn't that it was his last game as a highschooler; it wasn't that the team he was playing had been undefeated for the past seven years; it was that he was playing against his former school. He was playing against all his friends. If he lost, it would destroy his chance at the big leagues, but if he won, it would destroy theirs.

When Jak arrived at the stadium, the stands were packed. He couldn't spot an empty bench anywhere. This was by far the biggest turn out to a highschool game he had ever seen. In the bullpen he could see his team already checking their gear. His coach was talking with the umpire as he always did before every game. Coach Edermire was a hardass and made sure everyone was qualified and ready to do their job, even the officials. Jak made his way into the locker room and began suiting up. He looked over the back of his grey and crimson uniform. " Number seven, it's been fun. " He slipped it on and resumed what he was doing.

Fourteen minutes and thirteen seconds later, the players kneel side by side and say a short prayer. The other members of the team are all humans. They look to their half-elven captain for words of advice on how to defeat a team of super hearing, super seeing elves. Jak takes a deep breath and everything fades into darkness...

" This is it. It's fuckin' IT man! This is the final pitch of the last game. Bottom of the ninth, bases loaded, two strikes, nothing left to do but close my eyes and swing. Smack it out of the park. Show those guys there's no such thing as a superior race. There! He threw it! Fast ball, straight down the middle, perfect. Nothing left to do but swing. Swing it hard, swing it fast...this one's for Lilly. " Jak swung his bat with all his might. Contact. It sales. It's going higher, farther, it's out of here. The crowd goes mad. Jak's team sprints out of the bullpen and wait for him at home plate. With a huge grin on his face, he rounds the bases. First, second, third, his teammates tackle him just as his cleat touches home. They pull him out of the pile and raise him into the air. Coach Edermire touches Jak's shoulder, " You did it kid! We finally beat em'! " Jak laughs and looks up to the stary sky. " At least I went out with a bang. "

After a victory speach in the locker room, two hours of celebration and one sing along Jak is finally back in his street clothes and on his way back home. He is anticipating greeting his mother at the door, pulling his little sister out of bed and giving her a big hug. He can't wait. A sharp pain overcomes the back of Jak's head, and then there was darkness.

" Ey lad! Wake up! We're here. " Jak's eyes flutter open. His vision is still blurry. His head throbs with pain. " Ugh...we-were am I? " An overweight, overgreasy man stands over him. " Ah ya look like ya took quite a blow there lad. Where ya from? " Jak struggled to procces the man's question in his head. " Uh...I...I'm from Larithan Isle. " The fat man stared at Jak with a look of confusion. " Never heard of it. Must be in the Eastern Kingdoms. Your in Althanas now lad, far from those lands. I'm not even sure how you got on this ship, Althanian ships are usually sank on sight in eastern waters. " Jak could hardly believe his ears. What had happened to him? How did he get onto this boat? And where in God's name was he? "....Lilly...."

~End

Cyrus the virus
04-17-06, 04:31 AM
What's the difference between novice and beginner? They're synonyms, dude :D

Bug me to change it if you like. Approved.