Slavegirl
03-25-06, 10:19 PM
Name: Natalya Tichenyanchova
Race: Human (Psionic)
Weight: 118 lbs
Height: 5’4”
Hair: Waist length black hair, slightly wavy
Eyes: Deep blue, almost violet

Appearance: She is wearing a worn out dark blue linen dress, the hem is tattered from months of traveling. Her gray wool cloak is muddy from walking down long roads. Sturdy leather boots are on her feet, the left one pinches a bit, but at least they keep her feet warm and dry. Her hair is well kept in a tidy braid bound with a leather thong, although a couple of strands always seem to escape to frame her pale face. Her dark eyes seem to penetrate a person’s very soul in their depth.

Since joining the Doom Raider, and gaining her freedom, Natalya now has a wardrobe full of lovely attire, but usually prefers the more comfortable and utilitarian leather vest and pants she wears when the crew goes on raids. Now that she has been able to admit her love for Lucky, and there is a hope of finding her sister, her eyes are brighter, and she usually is smiling.

Personality: Natalya is a wanderer, seemingly without purpose. She appears to be constantly distracted, perhaps daydreaming, but there is a look of loss quite apparent on her face. She is very submissive, but will only take so much from someone, never allowing anyone to take advantage of her past a certain point. She is very sensitive to talk of her family or origins.

Items: She has a razor sharp steel dagger hidden in her right boot. Around her neck, hidden beneath her gown, hangs a silver locket. She also usually carries with her a crossbow and has at this time ten bolts for it.

Abilities:
Telepathy- Natalya is connected to all others of her clan telepathically, especially members of her family. This ability is stronger the closer she is to a person. She can also speak to any person within their mind, although she cannot read their thoughts.

Animal telepathy- Natalya can also communicate with animals, and even manipulate the actions of smaller creatures (rodents and birds).

Since admitting her love for the captain of the Doom Raider, Lucky Raider, Natalya cannot only speak to Lucky within his mind, he can respond to her if, and only if, she speaks to him.

History: 3 centuries ago, the Yorani invaded the land occupied by Natalya’s ancestors and conquered them. Instead of killing them though, the Yorani enslaved the clan and used them for their telepathic abilities. Natalya’s clan has been a slave clan to the Yorani since they were conquered, often sold to other clans in other countries for high prices, due to the telepathic nature of her people. Her clan originates in Berevar, but has been scattered across Althanas due to years of the Yorani slave trade.

Miraculously, Natalya’s family had managed to stay together, still in Berevar. They were not owned by the same masters, but they were still close enough to each other to stay in constant contact. Recently though, the Yorani who owned Natalya’s younger sister, Anya, sold her for a very high price to a nameless man from far away. Natalya grew fearful as she saw how the man handled her young sister as he led her to his horse, and cried out a promise within Anya’s mind: “I will not lose you sister: wherever he takes you, I will follow and bring you home.”

That night Natalya planned her escape. She became desperate as her connection with her sister grew weaker by the mile. As midnight approached, Natalya gathered her things, and waited until her master had fallen sound asleep. Slipping from the house, she moved silently through the town and slipped into the dark woods.

After days of travel through the seemingly endless forest, Natalya collapsed, crying out telepathically in one last desperate attempt to survive and keep her promise. She awoke as the sun rose to the sounds of animals skittering around her head. As she sat up, a raven landed before her, his head cocked to one side, his bright eyes watching her curiously. Within her mind she heard an unfamiliar voice. “How is it, human, that we could hear your voice?” Unsure of an answer, Natalya shook her head, slowly realizing that the raven was the one speaking to her. None of her clan had ever spoken to animals before, only each other. “I’m not sure, I simply cried out for help, hoping my family might hear me, but instead you did.”

The creatures of the forest nursed Natalya back to health, bringing her berries and nuts, and led her to the nearby stream to drink. After a few days she knew she must travel once more, for she was quickly losing any feeling of her sister. Bidding the creatures farewell, and thanking them, she gathered her cloak, and the money and dagger she had stolen from her master and began to make her way through the rest of the forest. Before she had taken many steps, the raven landed on her shoulder, and looked her in the eye. “Girl, you will never make it from these woods alone. Allow me to accompany you. You intrigue me, I have never spoken with a human before.” Natalya was relieved at his offer, for she did not like the idea of traveling so far alone. And so the unlikely companions traveled on together, searching for any sign of her stolen sister, and the sinister man who had taken her.

It was a couple of years later that she ran across Lucky Raider in a tavern in Radasanth. He had been protecting a small girl from her master, when Natalya intervened. Lucky asked Natalya to join his crew soon after that, and began to help her find her sister, Anya. For a time they searched together for her, and then went their seperate ways. Natalya continued to search, and was horrified to find out that her sister had been sold to a man named Kadran. She learned that when he could not control Anya, he had taken her to a woman named Vedra who had mentally subdued Natalya's sister. The woman threatened Natalya with the same fate, and Natalya vowed that one day she would kill the woman for what she had done.

Soon after that she and Lucky were reunited. The girl had not eaten or slept in days, and collapsed on the pier of some nameless town in Berevar - fortunately very near to where Lucky's ship had been docked. After returning her to health, they returned to their search for Anya once more - but not before being confronted with their feelings for each other. Lucky's childhood friend Kencaid joined the crew of the Doom Raider, and made the two recognize their mutual attraction, and of course love.

During the continued search for Anya, the Doom Raider stopped once more on the coast of Berevar. It was on a shopping trip with Laessie, Lucky's adoptive mother, that it was revealed to Natalya that there was a bounty on her head. After Lucky and his crew tried desperately to rescue Natalya from her would-be captors, she turned herself over to the town's officials, in order to save the lives of her friends.

Accused of the crime of escape, a crime which is punishable by death in Berevar, Natalya was put on public display for 3 days before her trial began. Thanks to Lucky and his friends, Natalya was given her freedom - at the cost of never setting foot in her homeland ever again.

Finally, after months of searching, Natalya finds her sister quite by accident. But when she goes after the girl (who is being embarrassed in the middle of the street by the evil Kadran) she finds that she must make a sacrifice of her own in order to insure her sister's freedom - she must become Kadran's slave. Kadran is sick, twisted, and abusive, and after over 24 hours of abuse at his hands, Natalya completely blocks out all telepathic communication. By the time Lucky is able to save her, she has lost her memory.

Although she finally did regain her memory, Natalya was never the same. She left Lucky, and the Doom Raider, and was eventually made Captain of the Shadow, a group of spies and assassins within a group known as the Brotherhood when their former Captain died.

Cyrus the virus
03-25-06, 11:27 PM
If she has a crossbow, you'll have to list how many bolts she has, and when she runs out she'll have to either buy more or obtain some through questing. Ammunition is pretty important :D She can start with about ten for now.

I'd also like a limitation on animal telepathy, a set limit to how many creatures she can control and some kind of effect on her body as she does it (say, a bit of distraction, enough to make her less attentive to herself).

Slavegirl
03-26-06, 11:26 AM
Hey Cyrus, this is a pre-crash profile copied exactly as it was approved (actually from the google cached file) - so do I need to edit something that was approved a long time ago? Also, she was level 1 (Zieg, my little bro, just reminded me to tell you)

Cyrus the virus
03-26-06, 12:28 PM
Okay, well somebody overlooked the fact that you don't have any crossbow bolts for your crossbow. Like I said, you can start with about ten of them, but you'll have to buy more when you run out. Just include that in your profile and it's fine.

Slavegirl
03-27-06, 12:18 PM
I gave her crossbow bolts. Is ten okay?

Cyrus the virus
03-27-06, 12:21 PM
Ten's no problem. Have fun!

Approved.