PDA

View Full Version : What School/University Do You Go To?

Ther
06-21-07, 11:27 PM
With the summer hitting, and people leaving high schools and preparing to go on to college, the time is right for this thread to show up again.

So, simply put, what level of education are you in right now? High School, College, Post-College? Where at? If you just graduated, which university are you choosing to attend?

Garwocket
06-21-07, 11:30 PM
Santa Fe Community College, but will be transfering to the University of Florida. That's right people, that one school that destroyed all of yours in basketball twice in a row, and football between that... lol

Ther
06-21-07, 11:33 PM
Nice...why do you want to transfer to Florida?

Elijah_Morendale
06-22-07, 12:04 AM
Formerly SUNY Oswego, but... well... I'm an idiot. Too much Twilight Princess and Guitar Hero.

So currently, Cayuga Community College in NY.

Majoring in broadcast communications, aiming more towards radio.

Garwocket
06-22-07, 12:24 AM
Actually I've grown up and lived in Gainesville my entire life, within 10 miles of the university at all times... so I'm already stuck in this hellho-- place. lol.

It's hot, sticky, but you can get one hell of a tan. Just don't go outside to get it, your skin will melt off...

Current Major: Cultural and Linguistic Anthropology.
Current Minor: Theology

Blackjack
06-22-07, 01:30 AM
i go to ASU ( arizona state university ) right now. it's okaaaaay i guess. it's a good business school, whih is what i am majoring in.

Empyrean
06-22-07, 01:54 AM
I graduated in '06, but I took a year off. In the fall I'll be going to Columbus College of Art and Design.

Even though we don't get to pick our majors until spring, I'm 100% sure I'm going into Traditional Animation.

Sorahn
06-22-07, 02:32 AM
I'm about to start my second year at Clemson University in South Carolina. Majoring in mechanical engineering... :D

Amaril Torrun
06-22-07, 05:42 AM
I'm enrolled at FCCJ (Florida Community College at Jacksonville) for my AA. Then I'll transfer to UNF for my BA, and then its off to UF. Way too much school for one person.

My major right now is pre-med, which doesn't even count as a real major...

AdventWings
06-22-07, 06:54 AM
Third year in Chiang Mai University, Thailand, with the academic year actually started last monday. Taking my Undergrad in Ecology, planning on going into Marine Ecology (possibly) at UC San Diego, assuming I save up enough for a plane trip and enrollment fees.

Not to mention if I'm going to be accepted in or not... T^T

Serilliant
06-22-07, 08:30 AM
Well that's coincidental. I just graduated from UC San Diego. It's a terrific marine biology program there. You will absolutely love it.

I'm leaving here with my BS in psychology and heading up to Portland, Oregon to Lewis and Clark law school in the fall.

Side note: We have the, on average, oldest group of roleplayers on any forum I think. Of course certain people who will remain nameless drive up our average a tad...

Atzar
06-22-07, 08:50 AM
UMass Amherst. Switching from Mechanical Engineering to English, most likely.

Ranger
06-22-07, 11:28 AM
I have a lot of family in San Diego, so if you need a place to stay I have a bunch of open rooms that I can hook you up with Raven... lol.

And Amril, when you come down we should chill. Gainesville is a pretty kick ass town, FULL of people. Lol.

Rigor Mortis
06-22-07, 12:17 PM
Will become a senior at St. Sebastian's School, in Needham, MA. (High School)

Artifex Felicis is also in my class.

Class of '08 REPRESENT!

grim137
06-22-07, 12:27 PM
In August I start my freshmen year at Eckerd College, in St. Pete, Fl. I plan to major in computer science.

Modrue
06-22-07, 02:30 PM
Wow, I know A LOT of people down there, and am trying to move down there for a bit... good luck with that Grim...

Cyrus the virus
06-22-07, 04:05 PM
I go to Concordia University, here in Montreal. And I'm taking summer classes, whoopee.

Patois
06-22-07, 04:30 PM
Got my AAS in Criminal Justice and EMT-B certification through Rowan-Cabarrus Community College, and have about 15 credit hours needed to finish my BS in Criminal Justice at UNC-Charlotte.

Karuka
06-22-07, 04:37 PM
I go to Randolph-Macon college, just north of Richmond, Virginia.

Itty bitty. Nice and homey...everyone knows everyone.

Lighthawk76
06-22-07, 05:03 PM
I go to University of St. Thomas in Houston, Texas.

Really small and hidden by the bustle of the city and all the Orthodoxy around us, but one hell (or heaven) of a place to be studying Theology.

Artifex Felicis
06-24-07, 12:03 PM
Still in High School, Woo!

Still, looking to go into industrial design for college mostly. I need to start looking more now.

AdventWings
06-25-07, 06:24 AM
Thanks for the offer, Ranger. I'll keep that in mind. :)

Oregon is a little chilly, a little wet and all around wonderful place to be. I lived in Eugene, OR for the last 4 years I was in America and I absolutely love it there. Portland's a really good place, too. Lotsa people and places to see. You'll feel just like home there, unless you're not used to the regularly chilly days, Serilliant. :p

Serilliant
06-25-07, 10:10 AM
Born and raised a San Diego boy, so chilly is a foreign concept to me. But I'm kind of looking to expand my wardrobe from board shorts and t-shirts to coats and gloves. Oddly enough, that's one of the things I'm excited about most.

Falcon Darkflight
06-25-07, 10:37 AM
San Diego huh? I'm headed there for vacation next week. You'll probably now advise the authorities accordingly.

I'm a Manchester lad, England all the way, and I go to the University of getting the shit kicked out of me.

Vamrsh Skylare
06-25-07, 11:56 AM
Dang people are all over on here aren't they?

Well I just graduated last saturday!!!

Now going to BCC (Broome Community College) NY in the fall. Then looking for someplace with a major in either computer engineering or video game design.

Falcon Darkflight
06-25-07, 01:03 PM
Congratulations on your graduation, I hope everything works out.

Fia
06-25-07, 07:02 PM
I'm in SD too! Lovely place, but grad school puts a damper on things.

Elrundir
06-25-07, 09:25 PM
Hurray Canada! *clings to Cyrus*

University of Toronto, Biology/Zoology double major, with a side of Botany.

Ther
06-26-07, 05:42 PM
Third year in Chiang Mai University, Thailand, with the academic year actually started last monday. Taking my Undergrad in Ecology, planning on going into Marine Ecology (possibly) at UC San Diego, assuming I save up enough for a plane trip and enrollment fees.

Not to mention if I'm going to be accepted in or not... T^T

Hopefully you get into San Diego - the town is excellent, of course, and the university is one of the better ones in the UC system.

Rith
06-26-07, 09:26 PM
Im still in highschool, but I'll be in highschool AND college next year. I'm starting at Wake Technical Community College in North Carolina, then transfer to either North Carolina State University, or Appalachain State University here in NC. But I would like to possibly transfer somewhere in Cali., but it's just too expensive.