PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Xos
06-30-07, 06:25 PM
I'm new, and thought it only proper to drop by and introduce myself.
I looke forward to RP'ing.

Karuka
06-30-07, 06:28 PM
Hi, welcome to Althanas! If you need anything or have any questions, PM a mod or a vet.

Also, don't eat the cookies.

*hands brownies, instead.*

Xos
06-30-07, 06:31 PM
*Eats the brownies*

*In a cookie monster style voice* Yum!

Wraith
06-30-07, 06:52 PM
Welcome.

If you need to get started writing, I suggest you begin in Alerar. It's just an excellent place, much better than Raiaera.

Oriseus
06-30-07, 06:55 PM
Eh.. I'd have to say Scara Brae, since it's recommended for those that are new to Althanas. But you know, we all have our own opinion.

Welcome to Althanas, Xos!

Wraith
06-30-07, 06:57 PM
Don't listen to him. He's a Scarabrian. They're filthy and unwashed.

Alerarians bathe daily. And it's fresh as springtime in the alpes in Ettermire.

thorn aldsmith
06-30-07, 06:57 PM
or go straight to the market have fun shopping!

Karuka
06-30-07, 06:58 PM
Or...you can choose anywhere you'd like to RP, and RP there. Just try to have a logical reason from going from one place to another. ;)

Xos
06-30-07, 07:19 PM
Logic? what is this "logic" you speak of?

I started in Scara brae only because I read it was perfect for new commers and i didn't want to start somewhere else and get into something I couldn't handle. However, once some one helps me out Icly I'd be delighted to go wherever the action is, provided its not fighting something beyond my skills.

Oriseus
06-30-07, 07:23 PM
Hmm.. I guess I do lend a hand with you IC. Just let me know what's up, either through here, or PM.

Xos
06-30-07, 07:29 PM
Oh, Xos is completly new to Althanis, completly. He was the victim of wild magic that activated an inter-reality teleport spell he was reading. Now he's trapped here not really knowing what's what. A kindly old monk from the hospital helped him up and gave him the starting GP and now Bazaar voucher, after pointing out a few places he might likt to go visit. He made sure Xos was alright first, and Xos made some excuses about being out of town, and then he and the monk split paths. Go ahead and read my two posts, they basicly tell you everything. Xos has Drconic heritage, but he looks mostly human. Just some tell tale signs in the jaw structure. He also has diffrently colored eyes, which you can read in the left hand pane beside this post.

Its open ended, having no real point besides introducing Xos to the world of Althanas.

Also, the symbols on his robes are magical, and Scientific.

Daggertail
06-30-07, 07:53 PM
hihi and welcome.

it's nice to see a wizard, Althanas needs more wizards^^

especially those that make make magic items since I collect them with this character.

Ther
06-30-07, 08:03 PM
Hey there, Xos, welcome. Glad to see you made it here!

Xos
06-30-07, 08:05 PM
I'm going to become a Magiscientist. And yes, I will make magic items. My items will be unique, because they blend the power of magic with the power of science and currently only I can make them, well, not yet, but I will. One of the first I will make, will be an Ether gun. Its a gun that shoots magic. Its bullets are made of pure crystalised magic. the bullets will come in Fire, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Water, Earth and Energy. Its a way for even non magic users to use magic in a fight.

Magiscientists are wizards who blend science with magic.

Daggertail
06-30-07, 08:40 PM
ooo awesomeness^^

I love Technomancy, maybe I might get some cool devices.

Xos
06-30-07, 08:50 PM
Well, I can't RP my way up to the upper levels by myself. I'll need to be about 7 or 8 before I can begin making a decent Ether gun. I've got an intro going in Scara Brae, but no one's replied yet.

Retraction: I could possibly solo RP my way to the appropriate level but that would be incredibly boring and I wouldn't be inclined to give free Ether guns to my friends who helped me get there.

Karuka
06-30-07, 09:04 PM
If I had a non-homicidal character in Scara Brae, I'd have joined in. But my only one with a reason for being/still being in SB at present IS homicidal, and I'm swamped. >.<

Xos
06-30-07, 09:11 PM
If I had a non-homicidal character in Scara Brae, I'd have joined in. But my only one with a reason for being/still being in SB at present IS homicidal, and I'm swamped. >.<

Aww shucks, makes me wish I had my magekiller all made up. Two homicidal maneiacs out to paint the town red, or blue, or green, or whatever other colors they find.

Karuka
06-30-07, 09:13 PM
She's a blood mage, so definitely red.

Xos
06-30-07, 09:18 PM
She's a blood mage, so definitely red.

Oh well, maybe later.

Artifex Felicis
06-30-07, 09:29 PM
Sorry I took so long. Newbyey street is fun.

Welcome to Althanas from a bazaar kitty. Hope you have fun and whatnot. Also, I have one non-homicidal charecter in Scara Brae, though I'm also a little busy at the moment. If you're willing to wait, I could probably join you by the end of the weekend with another char or something.

Also, I like your idea for your char. also your accurate representation of our level system so far.

Daggertail
06-30-07, 09:30 PM
you know I'll join that thread, though I might not be able to post until tomorrow. I had a rough day so I may just go and lay down after I post in my battle.

Xos
06-30-07, 09:53 PM
Just wait until I get higher.

As for people joining my intro, I'll leave Xos in the unnamed Tavern, in the dark secluded corner until tomorrow after Church in real life. Afterwards he'll head for the Bazaar. Not that he'll go to the Bazaar forums, but he'll ICly stroll through the Bazaar. A chance meeting should be doable in either the tavern or Bazaar.

Elijah_Morendale
06-30-07, 10:04 PM
Yeah, you might wanna' stay away from Karuka's psycho-homicidal-emo-depressed-self-mutilating character...

My poor character had a "small" misunderstanding with her not too long ago... hehe...

Welcome!

Karuka
06-30-07, 10:06 PM
Shush, Elijah!

If you warn them away, how am I supposed to get her to Level 2? Or level one, for that matter...

Elijah_Morendale
06-30-07, 10:36 PM
*goes to time-out corner*

My bad...

Xos
07-01-07, 10:32 AM
*Makes a mental note to avoid suspicous looking people*

Oriseus
07-01-07, 10:56 AM
-scurries off to post in Xos' thread-

Witchblade
07-01-07, 01:54 PM
Welcome to Althanas!

Please keep your arms and legs inside the forum at all times or they may be removed by rabid zombified characters. Do not feed the following people; Santhalas, Artifex Felices, AdventWings, Karuka Tida, Dissinger, Daggertail/Reiko, Cyrus the virus and Letho for they may become dependant on you afterwards and are hard to get rid of. Any screams you may now be experiencing are the sounds of dying characters. Do not be alarmed for they shall be revived in new and inventive ways the following thread. Have a nice day.

*offers you a plate of cookies, which is good! But some of them are poisonous...which is bad*

Xos
07-01-07, 01:57 PM
Welcome to Althanas!

Please keep your arms and legs inside the forum at all times or they may be removed by rabid zombified characters. Do not feed the following people; Santhalas, Artifex Felices, AdventWings, Karuka Tida, Dissinger, Daggertail/Reiko, Cyrus the virus and Letho for they may become dependant on you afterwards and are hard to get rid of. Any screams you may now be experiencing are the sounds of dying characters. Do not be alarmed for they shall be revived in new and inventive ways the following thread. Have a nice day.

*offers you a plate of cookies, which is good! But some of them are poisonous...which is bad*

*Eats the cookies, every single one of them.

Hey, those were good cookies. whys shouldnm't I feed them?

Witchblade
07-01-07, 02:01 PM
Because they're clingy little guys and once you feed them they kind of get stuck to you and never let go.

*waits for the poison to sink in, watches you pass out and places your slave collar on you*

Bwhahahaha! Another one to add to the list.

Xos
07-01-07, 02:07 PM
*looks at slave Collar.

Oh thank goodness, I HATE thinking for myself and having free will. Such awful nasty things.

Witchblade
07-01-07, 09:39 PM
Yeah, it can be a real pain in the ass. Now you have me to occassionally give you orders!

Now, attack Santhalas!

Xos
07-02-07, 12:17 PM
*Runs off to attack Santhalas with the Atomic Fireball of Doom*

AdventWings
07-03-07, 01:45 AM
Whoo, I'm late yet again! :D

Welcome to Althanas, Xos! I see you're enjoying yourself just fine now.

Have fun writing and visit the Bazaar often, Nya~! :D

Xos
07-03-07, 11:36 AM
Have fun writing and visit the Bazaar often, Nya~! :D

Only if Witchblade says I can.:D