PDA

View Full Version : Back in business

BlackAndBlueEyes
07-04-07, 08:52 PM
Too long... It's been far too long.

Madison had been wandering the dusty streets of Underwood for most of the afternoon, contemplating her return to her "profession". She was lovingly cradling one of her daggers on her hands. The blade was dull, and there was a small amount of rust beginning to overtake the blade where it was fixed to the hilt. I'm only as good as my weapons, she thought to herself. With a sigh, she slid the dagger back into its sheathe on the back of her belt.

She continued to walk the crowded cobblestone streets, until she happened upon a weapon shop that she had noticed on her way into town several months ago. She pushed open the heavy oak door, which gave in with a loud creak. Therein, she saw a smorgasboard of weapons, but none of those were of any concern to her. Her heels clicked on the stone floor as she made her way to a display case full of daggers. She gazed softy into the glass, mesmerized by the short lengths of sharpened steel.

Somewhere in that case was a set with her name on it.

AdventWings
07-05-07, 02:02 AM
-Clink Clank Clank-

The echoes came from within the fiery furnace in the back of the store, where a lumbering figure labored away with the final touches of his new ware.

-Clink Klank Klank!

Over and over again, the curved red blade was dealt overwhelming blows until the edges, exposed through the layer of clay covering the rest of the sword, were hammered thin enough to cut even the wind.

Shhhhhhrrr...

Leaving the blade to cool off, Jirou felt the presence of a customer enter into his shop and he immediately headed for the counter to make his sale.

"Good day, ma'am." The large, muscular man spoke in his gruff voice. "Have you found anything of interest you would like to see?"

BlackAndBlueEyes
07-05-07, 03:00 PM
Madison was able to tear herself away from the dagger case long enough to acknowledge the existence of the store's owner with her usual vacant, distant look. Under normal circumstances, the only verbal interaction she had with people was a few parting words as she strangled the life out of them with her trusty wire, so she had to dig deep to remember how to properly converse with this giant of a man.

"Yes, actually. I noticed a pair of eight inch long kris daggers in here, the ones with the mesh grips. May I see them to decide if they're what I want?"

The daggers were really quite striking for being your average pieces weaponry. The wavy blades were made of a polished steel, with razor-sharp edges that looked like they could cut through anything. There were dragons etched into the sides of the dagger, and the wooden handles were crossed by a tightly-woven spidersilk mesh that was dyed blue. Madsion was nearly in love with the set, and was preparing to do her best "puppy eyes" if the owner refused to let her see them up close.

AdventWings
07-06-07, 06:49 AM
Jirou looked at the kris his customer was addressing, his mind immediately flying through the price lists he memorized from the large tome of pricing.

"They're both beauties, ma'am." The blacksmith grinned, wiping his ash-covered hands on his work apron before carefully removing the excellently-forged blade from its display. Setting them on the counter and gesturing the young lady to take a closer look, the Akashiman went on with his little speech.

"Don't quite remember when I made them, but I guarantee the finest of craftmanship. Dug the ores an' forged them myself, the spidersilk came from good friends o'mine living in Underwood. If you're interested, they're only 74 Coronian gold pieces. A hundred forty for both, for that matter."

The man grinned as he displayed one of his finest wares. There was nothing more satisfying than to know one's own craft was being put to good use.

BlackAndBlueEyes
07-06-07, 10:07 AM
Madison took a few steps towards the counter, gently picking up the daggers. Closing her hand around the grips, she took a few swipes at the air with them. They were slightly heavier than what she was used to, but that was something she'd get used to with time. After sheathing both of the daggers, the assassin took her wallet out of her satchel, counting out the gold necessary for the purchase. Allowing a small smile to escape her thin, black lips, she softly offered a "thank you" as she handed over the money. Collecting her new toys off the counter, she made a bee-line for the front door, and with a creak and a heavy wooden slam, she was gone.

AdventWings
07-06-07, 12:26 PM
With satisfaction painted clear across his face, the humble blacksmith put away the young lady's payment and resumed forging another one of his prized wares - tempered steel katana.

((Transaction Complete.

BlackAndBlueEyes loses 140 GP from her line of Credit and gains twin Kris as described in the post. BlackAndBlueEyes also receive 100 EXP.))