PDA

View Full Version : A true treasure hunter(solo)

Daggertail
07-06-07, 11:12 PM
In the small island nation of Caraau there was a beast called the Jiki and it held the people of Caraau at bay. The Jiki was said to be immortal and that no man could defeat it without the help of the gods that had brought the beast from the volcano as punishment for the lack of faith.

For many years the people made due with little food as their crops were torn asunder by the Jiki as it held it's terror but then one boy stood up and braved the threat of the Jiki, sneaking by in the new moon and went to volcano to ask the gods for help.

The boy was called Jarron and he was brave to ask the gods to help him fight there punishment. Jarron kept asking and would not leave even as they caused the volcano to erupt but he stayed and was not swayed by the threat of the lava. And when the lava receded there was a blade, the sword Orinai that would be used to kill the Jiki.

Jarron didn't leave the volcano for the Jiki came to him and they had a fierce battle that both could not survive. And in the end there was peace and it had become legend with all becoming lost.

~^~

Until now! I had found the nation of Caraau and had learned the legend and I was going to find the sword that slew the Jiki. I may not be the greatest treasure hunter ever but I wasn't going to let that stop me. If I could get that artifact than no one would say that I, Tyria was not a true treasure hunter.

Daggertail
07-13-07, 11:25 AM
The trip was not a bad one though it was quite boring. There wasn't much fun to have on a ship when you're a girl since if anyone lets a girl ride she has so many things to worry about. Dress must be modest as possible, only drink water, the door must be locked at night and you mustn't talk to the crew.

I was so glad to be off of that ship and be on the warm beach that I didn't notice that the crew were leaving me all alone on the island. I was definitely glad I was cheap and didn't give the bastards much coin. But still the wind was blowing and feeling good on my skin and I could almost taste the treasure that I would claim.

'well I better get moving.' I thought as I started to walk down the beach. It was near silence except for the soft waves and the occasional call of sea gull that was following me. Seemed like it expected food from me, a good sign though I wasn't going to feed it, I had to ration what I had incase it'd be a while until I found the village or if the people had died off.

But Luck was with me and I saw a hut with Children playing and they stopped and stared at me, following my swishing tail. "Hey, don't stare like that, you're too young to be perverts." I giggled as they started to call out in some whooping bird tongue. The parents came out and so did some spear men who looked at my tail and then at my eyes and speaking in some language that I didn't know.

Didn't look good but hey, they weren't pointing their spears at me.