PDA

View Full Version : Agent Down

Breaker
03-26-06, 12:15 AM
((Since I never had anything judged, and I don't recall how much gold I have, I've decided to just restart this character.))

UCA Personal Information on Special Agent 016573.

Name: Joshua Cronen.
Birth Date: June 30, 1983.
Station: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
Hair Color: Light Brown.
Eye Color: Hazel.
Height: 6 feet.
Weight: 192 lbs.
Skin Color: Caucasian.
Nationality: Canadian.

Appearance: (Written by Head Agent Genvieve Aneed.)
Joshua's most recent ID Photo shows Joshua as still being a healthy, athletic young agent. His hair remains close-cropped, in an almost military fashion, but he often goes several days without shaving. His torso and legs are well-proportioned for his height of six feet, which, added with his natural grace, makes him hardly ever seem awkward. He wears grey and black street clothes most often, but while working he can most often be found in his stealth attire or business suit. Joshua's body is obviously muscled, which helps to keep observers from noticing his slightly abnormally large hands and feet. Joshua's only other major defining mark is a Y shaped scar on his left cheek, just off the jaw bone. Josh received this wound in a training mishap. The scar is white and easy to notice, and because of that Josh is instructed to cover it with makeup, to make him less recognizable.

Personality: (Extract from the writings of Dr. Barnaby Wells.)
Having known Joshua Cronen for a short period of time before he joined the agency, and seeing as I was the one who introduced him to the Underground Canadian Agency, I have always felt fairly close to the boy. He is very intelligent, charming, but often slightly subject to fits of depression. I pity him for his unfortunate upbringing, but I am happy to say that he is well liked both in and outside of the Agency. Joshua's only report of bad mental health occurred several times in his life. Both when he was eight, as well as in between the ages of fifteen and seventeen. The incidents always involved the killing and or mutilating of animals. My theories on these occurrences are twofold: first, that Joshua had a large amount of anger to vent from the abuse he received at home, and second that he was merely experimenting, if in a gruesome way, to find out what causes pain. When asked why he did these things, Joshua normally answers with something along the lines of; "I did it because no one else would fight me." This is quite possibly true, as my sources tell me that having been trained in martial arts from a young age, Joshua was always slightly feared by his young peers. I personally believe that answer to be a lie, though, and have wondered many times if the horrible acts did not come from a natural, deep-rooted hatred of certain animals. Joshua's only other noticeable mental attribute is that he is the most superstitious young man I have ever met. Although he is incredibly brave, sometimes border lining on fearless and perilously foolish, the simplest things, like accidentally walking under a ladder, can give him quite a scare.

Essential Inventory:
On his current mission, Joshua is carrying the following items.
x1 Fireproofed gore-tex zippered medium size backpack.
x1 Fireproofed gore-tex trench coat.
x1 Hygiene Kit (soap, shaving cream, collapsible straight razor etc.).
x1 Basic First Aid Kit (gauze, thread, needle, tape, band-aids, scissors etc.).
x1 Field Rations Kit
x1 Steel nunchaku, leather padding.
x1 Polar fleece grey pants and shirt set.
x1 Black cotton/spandex blend pants and shirt set.
x1 Black facemask.
x2 Lightweight leather/goretex hiking boots.
x2 Synthetic wool/cotton blend black socks.
x1 Notebook, 200 pgs.
x1 Mechanical Pencil.
x2 Heavy Wear leather/goretex gloves.
x1 Utility Belt (empty).
200 feet of steel wire, in plastic package.
x1 Distress Signal Transceiver.

Skills and Training: (Written by Combat Trainer Edmund Jones and Head Agent Genvieve Aneed.)
Various Martial Arts: Having been trained in a mixed form of martial arts from a young age, Josh is one of the most deadly young agents I have ever worked with. When not being constantly reminded to use proper technique, Josh will often lapse in to a casual fighting style, which is difficult to predict, messy, but nonetheless very effective. Most of his combat training in the UCA has been in taijutsu and kung fu, but I have seen traces of jiu jitsu, judo and even tai chi in Josh's personal style. He is very spontaneous in his fighting, which has led to his triumph over older and more experienced martial artists. Josh can also use a multitude of martial art weapons to a certain degree of skill.

Ninjitsu: Having been trained in the ancient art of ninjitsu, Josh can move silently and swiftly through most landscapes. He has developed high endurance and a sufficient climbing ability, as well as fair acrobatics and balance. This makes Josh ideal, if not necessarily our best choice for stealth missions.

Weapon Proficiency; Firearms: Josh has been trained to use light handheld firearms, although he does not carry one with him. We want our Agents to be familiar with common weapons, so Josh, like his fellows, has studied and worked with various kinds of handguns.

Weapon Proficiency; Nunchaku: Josh's melee weapon of choice is generally a nunchuck. I think he enjoys being able to conceal the weapon easily in his waistband or sleeve, to surprise opponents with the weapon's range. Josh is mostly self-trained with the nunchaku, but again, surprisingly dangerous.

Special Agent Training: Josh's special agent training has taught him to deal with Public Relation situations, to gather information, and blend into a crowd when necessary. This also included basic first aid and CPR.

Metalworking: Before joining the Agency, Josh worked in a welding shop, and took metalworking courses in high school.

**Incredible Strength: I have no idea how this came over Josh, but he has somehow unlocked the power to double his physical strength. It is something mental which he seems to just turn on and off. The young man rarely uses this strange ability, because he does not want to stand out, and his skin will often change to an odd glowing golden sheen when he does so.

Background: (Extract from UCA Computer Database Files.)
1983-1986
Joshua was born in a small town, Maroon, population 13,000, just outside of Winnipeg, Ontario. He was an only child and raised by his Mother and Father as a lower-middle class family until just before Joshua's third birthday, at which point his mother died of lung cancer, having smoked for the past 20 years. Two months later, Joshua and his father moved into the heart of Winnipeg, where his father found a new, better paying job.
1987-1990
Joshua lived through a fairly difficult life, spending a good deal of time in cheap day-care programs, while his father worked long hours, tiring himself out. When Joshua began going to school at age 6, his father began to abuse him, supposedly out of anger that Joshua was not doing well enough.
1991-1995
Joshua's father begins to teach him Martial Arts, which he once taught, but in a very brutal manner. It was from these learning’s that Joshua developed his over-relaxed fighting style. Joshua also began to excel in school, partially because of wanting to please his father, but also due to being very naturally intelligent.
1996-2000
After continually excelling in school, sports, and martial arts, Joshua begins a metalworking job at age 16 to gain money for College. In these years Joshua passed through several relationships with different girls, most of which did not last very long as the girls were alienated by either his Father or annoyed that he is so busy. On the New Year's eve, Joshua was convinced by several friends to move out on his own.
2001-2004
Joshua is connected to the UCA by Psychiatrist Dr. Barnaby Wells. Begins intense training and becomes Special Agent on his 20th Birthday. Months later, Josh is chosen to undergo a special mission, involving an erratic and unpredictable portal which was accidentally opened at a nuclear testing plant...

Extract from the Log Book of Geoffrey Smyth, Supervising Officer at the Underground's Nuclear Testing area.
February 17th, 2005;
Today we were working on a new method of transportation, which we hoped to later use to mobilize small numbers of agents from one corner of the Earth to another. The idea, which I will not attempt to go into technical details about, is this; we intend to harness the power of a nuclear explosion, but use it towards a positive cause, rather than a destructive one. The energy produced by a splitting atom is immense, as we all know, and our top scientists have been working long hours on how to channel that power towards a certain goal. They are working towards creating a type of portal which, when stepped into, would carry an Agent into a well known safe-zone in a wooded area not far from Winnipeg. I have never been so excited as I was when we first began today, and the portal opened. To me, behind a six inch barrier of protective glass, it was like magic. I thought I was going to die as there was a blinding flash of light, but abruptly the light faded, and I found myself staring into what was simply a black hole in the middle of the experimentation room. The scientist who had performed the final split was being pulled forward by some unseen force, and one of his fellows ran to help him, with the result that, horrifyingly enough, they were both sucked through! The other two scientists on the floor worked frantically, and managed to stabilize the portal, stopping it from sucking everything nearby into it. I was already on the phone with our workers stationed in the wooded safe-zone, but the scientists had not appeared there. It was apparent to all of us what must have happened; the portal had worked, but it was not transporting things to the proper location.
Written by Head Agent Genvieve Aneed.
I can hardly believe I am letting Josh go through with this. He had been scheduled to enter the portal as soon as it was stable and ready, but seeing as we do not know where it transports users to, it can hardly be considered stable. However, it is necessary for us to find out what happened to the two white coats who were taken by the portal. I am in a protected glass area right now, with Dr. Wells beside me. I must say I am glad he is here; he is on very good terms with both myself and Josh, and the moral support he provides is tremendous. Josh is now receiving his final instructions from the Head Scientist, and walking towards the portal. A red light is flashing somewhere, I don't understand what it means, but there's nothing I can do. Josh is about to step through, but an alarm sounds, and abruptly the portal simply swallows him. He cries out in alarm, but his yell is cut off by the portal closing, as the Head Scientist switches off the power. Dr. Wells is frantically unlocking the door, breaking the rules and trying to get on to the testing field. Our Head Scientist is on the phone with our Agents in the safe-zone. Josh is not there. We are receiving no signal from Josh's transceiver. My two-way radio crackles to life, and I hear Dr. Wells on the other end, as he stands next to the Head Scientist.
"Agent down, Jenny. We've lost him." [/FONT] [/quote]

((Edit: Um... I guess the font and quote tags aren't working... I'll just leave it for when they do.))

Dissinger
03-26-06, 12:50 AM
Quick question, how well is the fire proof material? If its too good I may ask you drop to flame retardant.

Breaker
03-26-06, 12:52 AM
Oh yeah... I really should have changed that... in my original approval Crashthanasv2, the mod asked me about that... by fireproof I don't mean that it repels flame... it just won't burn easily.

Dissinger
03-26-06, 01:02 AM
My suggestion, use flame Retardant in the future to better convey it. Proof to me shouts that flame wont work, retardant means it'll slow flames eating away at it. But since we're at an impasse and I knwo now what you mean, and its clear its NOT fireproofed...

Lets move to the next point, the martial arts skill, are you implying mastery? If so then I may need a few skills to go, preferrably combat oriented.

Breaker
03-26-06, 01:10 AM
Definitely not mastery, no. Josh is a very adept fighter, but he's not master. I need to leave room for improvement.

Dissinger
03-26-06, 01:34 AM
So he's just unpredicatble hence the basis of his skill is that he's a Jeet Kun Do fighter correct?

Breaker
03-26-06, 11:36 AM
I'm not sure I know what Jeet Kun Do is. I thought the skills were described pretty well... No disrespect mate, but this exact profile was already approved.

Dissinger
03-27-06, 03:08 AM
Bruce lee did Jeet Kun Do. Anyways yeah you're approved the whole beating masters ahd me a bit worried but you allieviated it. Might want to look into Jeet Kun Do though. The idea is you're like water, formless.