PDA

View Full Version : Just a pretty piece of metal

Laurea Aeglos
07-13-07, 04:27 AM
I stared for a long time at the crush of humanity, occasionally interspersed with one of another race. Much had change in my time sleeping yet at the same time little had changed. Merchants in their street side carts cried out their wares to the passing people. Giving myself a mental shake to rid myself of the hesitancy that was unlike me I stepped out from the door way I had taken temporary shelter in.

Constantly shifting and rustling my wings, I forced the crowd to give me space. Almost immediately I spotted a shop that looked promising. Grateful for the brief search, I hurried for the shop. At the entrance I gave a quick shake to my robe, to remove any dust on the white cloth and tossed my hair back behind my shoulders to lie between my wings. Ready to be seen in polite company I pushed the door open and entered.

The cooler atmosphere of the shop enveloped me, I glanced around at the shop, noticing how it was neatly organized despite its near crowded look. My staff tapped out a counter rhythm as I walked up to the counter. I greeted the shop keeper with a friendly smile.

“Good day. I would like to have piece of jewelry made. The metal it up for debate depending on the cost though I would prefer to have it made from Prevalida. This piece I wish to have made consists of three thin strands of metal intricately intertwine to make a circlet. At the center, just between the eyes, a small oval shaped setting falls. The setting is roughly one inch wide by a inch and a half long. Along the edges of the setting, small claws will hold in the gem or what ever item I place in it.”

AdventWings
07-13-07, 07:25 AM
Whoo, what a busy day.

Amidst the bustling enthusiasm of jewel appreciators and collectors, the two feline craftsmen and merchants went about tending to their customers. Although each did not stay for a good chat, most had quite heavy pockets and the two had made enough sale to break even with the production cost.

"Yes, milady. I'll be right there."

Moments later, a tiger-striped feline wearing a deep-blue dress and sporting a good number of pendants on her neck appeared at the counter in front of the angelic being. There was little time for chit-chat, but a customer's needs was always more important to the jeweler.

Kisha listened intently as the angelic individual did her best to describe the design of her piece, noting down the specifics and the not-so-specific details that would impact the final product and price. After all, she had all the wares she sold. Everything mattered.

"Alright, milady. So its a woven Prevalida circlet with a sizable gemstone in the middle," Kisha summed up the design in short, her nimble fingers quickly sketching out its likeliness with a sturdy quill. The price would definitely be quite high, especially if made with Prevalida. For other metals, that would be another story.

"One thing I'd like to know before I give you the price, milady." The feline merchant looked up from her sketch, which continued to be shaded and filled as if with a will of its own. "What kind of gem or item would you like to have inserted into the piece? If you are looking for semi-precious gems, we have a good selection of them here at our store."

Ah, such a busy day at the Jeweller's.

Laurea Aeglos
07-13-07, 08:21 AM
After watching the woman jot down the specifics, and quickly turn out a rough sketch of the circlet. I nodded approvingly at the picture.

“I’m leaving the setting empty until I find the right item to place within. I don’t think it will be a normal gemstone.” I stared at the walls behind the lovely feline merchant for a moment. Prodding the feeling that told me jewels would not be the right thing. A snapped myself out of my thoughts and offered an apologetic smile to the feline.

“I’m sorry. Prevalida is my first choice of metals for this circlet. If that proves to be too pricey, I’m more than willing to go with Delyn. A metal that is resistant to magic is rather important.”

AdventWings
07-14-07, 01:54 PM
Well, how thoughtful.

Kisha smiled, impressed by the winged customer's knowledge in the different metal properties that many would often neglect. The usual type of metals used for jewelry and accessories had always either been gold, silver or even copper due to their perceived social value. Although expensive, those kinds of metal were only good because of their looks. Apparently, someone wanted something more than meets the eye.

"If you want Prevalida, it would cost you four hundred and fifty gold pieces. For Delyn, it'll be two hundred seventy-five. I would recommend you go with Elven Dehlar, but it might not be as strong as you wanted. Not to mention that unfashionably brown hue..."

Kisha feigned a disdained sigh, placing her hand upon her forehead in a comical fashion. It was a lot easier to work with, however, but it also had a tendency to weigh a lot as well.

"So~ Take your pick, miss. I hope the prices aren't too high for your liking?"

Laurea Aeglos
07-15-07, 06:13 AM
I smiled at the flow of information from the merchant. An honest person, how refreshing. At least I'm not being scalped by a money hungry crook. I thought to myself as I considered the woman’s words. I didn’t know if Delyn would prove to be the right metal. For a moment I considered simply asking for Dehlar then thought better of it, the metal was too soft to be safe during my travels. Having the circlet bent even before I found out what ever it was I was to place in the setting just would not do.

“I think I’ll go with the Prevalida. I don’t mind emptying my purse. The strength of it will more than make up for the cost.

AdventWings
07-18-07, 05:25 PM
"Alright, then. I'll- Hold on a moment, please."

Kisha hurriedly rush from the angelic figure to tend to another customer who was looking at the wares on display, pointing to one of the many gold necklaces on the shelves behind the counter. After a few short moments and with the sales completed, Kisha returned to the Angel to resume their business.

"I'm terribly sorry about that, miss. So, Prevalida it is. I will need 4 days to complete the request, so please take this." After scribbling a few lines on a small piece of paper, the tiger-striped feline gave the paper to her customer with a smile.

"Oh, yes. And I will need you to pay 200 gold pieces in advance as down payment. Once you return to receive the item, you may pay the remaining 250 to us. Is that fine with you, miss?"

((OCC Note: You may depict the "Time Skip" by saying that you returned so-and-so days later in the IC narration.))

Laurea Aeglos
07-18-07, 07:51 PM
Glancing about, I waited patiently for the shopkeeper to conclude her business with another customer. While I waited, I dug in the pouch hanging from my belt. I laid the bazaar voucher on the counter. Absently I shifted the gold coins through my fingers, enjoying the musical clinking.

The paper went into my secondary pouch once the shopkeeper return and handed me the invoice. A little unsure of Coronian gold coin I looked at the coins as I pulled the out. Once I had the required amount of gold still need it was placed it on the voucher.

"Well, I'll return in four days. Have a good day." I bowed my head slightly to the cute woman and left.

~~~

Four days later I eagerly hurried down the street to the little shop where the item I had purchased was waiting for me. Now that I knew where I was headed it took only moments to reach the shop. I smiled to myself, thinking that I was being unreasonably cheerful that the circlet was ready.

I tapped the door shut with the end of my staff as I hurried forward towards the counter. I held the invoice in my hand as I reached the counter. I had to force myself to not bounce on my toes as I waited for help.

AdventWings
07-22-07, 04:44 PM
Kisha was happy her customer did not disappear for long. The shop, however, was not bustling or crowded as the day she came in. Rather, it was quiet and... well, quiet.

Which was a nice change of pace.

"Hello, there. Welcome to the Aquamarine. I'll have your order brought out immediately."

The feline merchant slipped into her workshop in the back and returned with the Prevalida headband, made almost exactly like the one drawn on paper with the clawed receptacle bare of any object. Grabbing a cotton piece of brown cloth, she laid the handicraft onto the material and presented it to the customer.

"So~ Is that good for you, miss?" She let out a purr, resuming her duty. "If this is fine, that will be the remaining 250 gold pieces."

Laurea Aeglos
07-23-07, 11:21 PM
I smiled at the shop keeper in greeting. It took only a moment before the finished circlet was presented to me. Carefully, as if the circlet were made of glass rather than Prevalida I held the circlet and inspected it. Light glinted pleasingly off the graceful arcs of metal. I nodded my approval and set the circlet down.

"It's perfect, thank you." Pulling the pouch that held my gold I placed it on the counter and dug through it. I looked at the circlet as I counted out the coins, my gaze greedily running over the precious metal.

Replacing the much lighter pouch on my belt, I lightly patted it once.

"It was more than worth it." I grinned and scooped up the circlet carefully wrapping it in the brown cloth and tucking it away in a inner pocket of my robe.

"It was a pleasure doing business with you. I'll be sure to come back again." I bowed to the woman. At the door, I waved a cheerful goodbye to her before shutting the door.

AdventWings
07-24-07, 04:04 AM
((Pleasure doin' business with you. :p))

"Thank you, miss. Do come again."

Kisha casually swept the coins into a small cedar box before planting it back inside its secret storage. It was not all that common for a customer to place orders for custom-made Prevalida accessories, but it was a good thing she knew how to work them without much trouble. After all, not many artisans know the secret to some ancient arts...

((Transaction Complete.

Laurea Aeglos loses 450 GP and receives the custom-made Prevalida Circlet. She also receives 100 EXP for good IC interaction.))