PDA

View Full Version : a map to the land of red leaves

Daggertail
07-14-07, 09:23 PM
(closed)

The map lead to the red forest. I had a good feeling about the treasure map being the real deal but the red forest still gave me a lump in my throat. I mean it was the place that if you asked any of the elves in Raiaera then you'd get a list of horrors that would make your head spin and that was the place I was going.

I couldn't go alone.

So I sat and looked out the window of the Blood Rat, a tavern more inclined to barbarian taste and as the elves were concerned I was a barbarian and not worthy of their finer establishment. Of coarse I was probably better off since being on the edge of an evil forest made it so the residents were heartier and more inclined to a barbaric establishment and the nicer place probably served watered down wine while this place had dwarven ale. But I was fine with a little bit of brandy, just to loosen up.

I had to ask. I just had to ask someone to help me to accompany me to a land where even the plants were vicious predators. How could I ask that of someone. But I came this far, I fought a vicious battle in the citadel for this map and I took the boat way out to Raiaera and then walked all this way and now I just needed to some help.

Okay I just had to do something and a bold move might be best. I smiled nervously and tried to steel myself before jumping on the table with my tail wagging dangerously.

"Hello friends! I have a map, a treasure map that leads into the forest. Great wealth can be found there and we just have to go into the forest. We'll spit the findings and be rich."

Yeah it was cliche and overdone but it was what I did. But every elf in the place turned an angry stare at me.

"Get off the table you idiot girl!" I heard one elf yell. "No one's stupid enough to go into the forest for treasure so don't even start."

I got down and sat, sipping my drink. I guess I really messed up and have to do this one alone.