PDA

View Full Version : Request

DarkStorm
07-17-07, 04:38 PM
Coding oriented... would it be possible to add a vb tag for a Horizontal Rule? I have been poking around, looking for one, and came up with nothing. They are ridiculously useful in organization, and in posts that jump time, and especially useful in solo quests/stories...

Karuka
07-17-07, 04:43 PM
Like, a line going across the screen?

Why, when you can have something like

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

?

DarkStorm
07-17-07, 04:46 PM
Because one simple line is a lot cleaner than that. And depending on the tag, a lot simpler too.

[*hr][/hr] would be a lot easier to type out than [*center]*~*~*~*~*~[/center], or whatever.

Varia
07-17-07, 04:56 PM
It's really not that hard to add to VB boards. I've done them on my own forums. Horizontal rules look much cleaner, nicer, and more professional. It's nice to have to make breaks in stories.

I support! *shakes fist*

Ataraxis
07-17-07, 05:10 PM
It's true, those lines are prodigiously useful.

I support the Darkstorm. He is so very smexy.

/sycophant

But really, they do help when you want to separate a profile into distinct sections. Of course, you could always do something else, like asterisks. I think it's an interesting idea, though Serilliant probably has other stuff to do. Maybe one day.

Serilliant
07-17-07, 09:36 PM
I feel somewhat persuaded to add this feature. But I won't. And I'll tell you why. Because I already did! Ha! Yeah. Anyway.

The tag is <hr> (replacing the < and > with [ and ]) and looks like this:

[hr]

You're welcome.

-Serilliant, your resident pre-cognitive coder

Christina Bredith
07-17-07, 09:41 PM
This
[hr]
is
[hr]
sexiful!
[hr]

I wonder when that'll start getting annoying...

Ataraxis
07-17-07, 10:25 PM
Serilliant deserves to impregnate all of us. He is a visionary. Of the past.

I have an unexplainable urge to make a White Stripe joke.

Thanks Serilliant! Though I wish it were black and had variable thicknesses.

DarkStorm
07-17-07, 11:07 PM
Though I wish it were black and had variable thicknesses.

Why does that not surprise me? Nitpicker. >.>

Thanks Serilliant! You just made my day. I hate using the squiggly line and star method.