PDA

View Full Version : Shu's Bazaar Madness

Tranquil
07-21-07, 10:07 PM
During his travels, Shu had only heard stories of a place such as the Bazaar, he never once imagined he's find himself upon it. Shu hid he money purse securely beneath his robes, though little protection it would bear, for his robes were so tattered, one could almost see the bag from it's hiding spot. In fact, that was the reason why Shu had wandered into the Bazaar. If there was ever a place where he could find a robe of decent quality it would be here.

The crowd had grown much larger as he proceeded deeper into the grounds, large tents and canopy's towering above his head, casting luminous shadows onto the ground. Both men and women alike hurried past, throwing shoulders into Shu, yet he said not a word, mumbled no curse or hex. He knew better, wanted know problems.

It seemed to be a whole different world than out in the wilds, everyone seemed to keep to themselves, and it was always noisy. It was almost impossible to hear ones own thoughts. Shu found it very hard to concentrate, and ended up letting himself be carried off with the crowd. Though when a distinct wind picked up, his blood red scarf began to blow off his scarred face, and it brought him quickly back to reality where he covered his face hastily and struggled his way out of the noisy crowd to the safety of a desolate little store.

For a few moments, Shu wandered the small store, looking for any signs of life. "Does anyone work here?" Shu called out as he leaned ever so slightly over the counter, he Onyx eyes peering into the darkness as he gently leaned his Staff against his side.

"At least I'm safe from the noise for now." Shu thought, and decided to take in some more of the store as he paced throughout the darkness.

"Incendious." He used the spell to light the end of his staff, and he walked along the walls, to see that he had indeed made it into a shop of some sort. The owners craft hung all about the walls. This relieved some pressure from Shu and the brightly colored sparks slowly fizzled out as he walked back to the counted and began his wait.

Karuka
07-22-07, 02:16 PM
An elderly woman made her way to the counter, bearing with her a newly finished shirt from the back. Her eyesight may have gone bad with the years, but her hands were as deft as a sixteen-year-old's, and her work was as fine as it had ever been.

She heard someone rustling around, and as she put the shirt on the counter, she adjusted her over-sized spectacles to see him better.

"Hello, young man," she said slowly. "Can I help you?"

Tranquil
07-22-07, 07:37 PM
Shu had been startled as the elderly voice that had awoken him from his state of rest was not exactly the voice he had expected. Yet again, the Bazaar had been full of surprises.

"Well, you see Miss, if I can call you that." Shu was a bit humbled, he hadn't spoken with many people in the days of his travels. "I'm what you might call a Vagabond, and a practicing Magi." Shu almost immediately regretted his last word, but he went on with lackluster.

"You see, my robes are not that of high quality, not that of any quality at all. I do believe I just wear them to keep me from freezing to death in the coldest of nights." Shu's voice trailed as his head swirled around the shop again. "Upon searching your shop, I came across your craft, and I saw a robe that would suite me quite well for my travels, and my training." Shu's black gloved hands were grasping tightly to his staff, even though he knew this lady couldn't possibly pose a threat to him, he still was cautious.

Karuka
07-22-07, 07:45 PM
"Well, young man," she said, her voice garbled and gravelly with age, "this is a clothing shop. If you'd like to try the garment on, there is a dressing room in the back."

Tranquil
07-22-07, 07:54 PM
Shu's mouth dropped as it seemed like she was mocking him, but he quickly recovered himself. "Well, I've a limited amount of money, and I was wondering if you could tell me how much the specific piece was that I was interested in before I even bothered." Shu walked over to the wall where the Red and White Sifan robe was mounted on the wall.

Shu eyed the robe with a slight passion, gloved hands running over his torn black garments, thinking how much better that would suite him. "This is the Robe I am interested in Miss. If you could tell me how much you call for, I will quickly try it on, seeing that the price is fit for me." Shu quickly added.

Karuka
07-22-07, 08:19 PM
"Sifan. Very expensive, young man, and not for those with limited funds. This piece is worth two thousand, seven hundred gold on its own. Perhaps, if that is too much, you'd like a similar robe in Vlince. That would only be three hundred ninety."

She'd never had someone come in and say they were on a budget, and then go directly to a sifan robe. Either he didn't know his cloths, or his budget was higher than she thought. Doubtful, though, given the state of his current robe.

Tranquil
07-22-07, 08:37 PM
Instead of his Jaw dropping, it was Shu's heart this time. He was still unable to pay for even the least expensive Robe in this old hags gallery. Half of Shu wanted to just beat the woman down with his Staff and take the Sifan robe for his own. He was currently trying to figure a way out of the disgrace of telling the tradeswoman from telling her he lacked enough gold for either of the vestments.

"She has to be upping the prices, taking me for a fool. But there's nothing I can do." Shu thought to himself halfheartedly. Shu suddenly had an idea, and he offered profoundly. "390 gold pieces sounds a little too pricey for that robe, as fine as that robe is mind you. Please don't think I'm putting your craft to the side, but I cant seem to put out the gold for that." Shu was looking for a lead, and found it after a slight pause.

"I come from a land of Alchemists, my father being one of the greatest in the town. I couldn't help but notice that you eyesight isn't what it could be." Shu motioned twords the heavy eyeglasses that adorned her face. "What say you I pay you 300 gold pieces and a Potion that you would take every morning. It would greatly improve your eyesight and rid you of your need for glasses." Shu pressed the subject hard, for even though the robes he wanted were far out of reach the Vlince robes would do him better than ones he was currently adorned in.

"So what say? Ditch the glasses and look years younger, see better. A deal if I ever saw it." Shu hoped beyond all hope that she would accept.

Karuka
07-22-07, 08:50 PM
"Young man," she started with a chuckle, "I'm an old woman, and I've enjoyed growing old. I'm not about to try lying to people to appear younger. It isn't everyone that gets to be ninety-seven years old, and still live a full life. If you can't afford Vlince, we still have some sturdy linen and cotton wares, robes like that, for only ninety gold a piece."

It was funny, he thought she'd wanted to act and feel younger. Elphansa wasn't as spry as she'd been at twenty, perhaps, but she was proud of still being able to work. Maybe when the boy became a man, and went on aging, he'd understand the value of age.

Tranquil
07-22-07, 09:12 PM
Shu was beginning to become annoyed with this lady. "She just wont let me have what I want." Shu sighed as he eased his thoughts. Looking up on the wall where her least expensive robes were hung. They seemed dull, almost barbaric in color, some of them almost looked to be as old as the robes that adorned his body now. Shu reached for his gold pouch, knowing full well that the robes were in fact knew, and better than what he was wearing, and he would just have to resort to the linen.

Though upon opening his money pouch, he found something his was unaware of carrying on his person. It seemed as if he was carrying a Voucher for 300 gold redeemable at any Bazaar store, along with his 200 gold coins. It looked as if he could get the Vlince after all. "Miss, per chance is this Voucher of any worth to you here? If so I'll be taking the Vlince Robe." Shu said, wanting his Bazaar experience to be over. He wanted to get away from this place, far away. Something in the air just bothered him and he knew that it would soon be time to go.

Karuka
07-22-07, 09:15 PM
"Voucher?"

The old lady hobbled up to take a look at the slip of paper.

"Oh, the paper money that they came in talking about. Yes, that has value here. The vlince robe is 390."

Tranquil
07-22-07, 09:27 PM
"Thank goodness, then I shall take it." Shu said, handing the woman his voucher, and gathering 90 gold pieces from his coin purse. "Now if you don't mind, I shall take this and be on my leave. I can not deny my senses know not much of this place, but they do not want me here." Shu bowed courteously and waited for the woman to hand him his Robe, or at least motion for him to take it. He wasn't about to be scorned for taking a show only craft.

Karuka
07-22-07, 09:38 PM
Elphansa grabbed the red and cream vlince robe after putting the money behind the counter, giving it to the young man.

"Be safe on your travels, young'un."

OOC: Transaction completed.

Tranquil loses 300 GP from his voucher and 90 from his account, 110 remaining at time of transaction. He gains one vlince robe and 100 EXP for good IC interaction.