PDA

View Full Version : The Right Sword

Seline
07-23-07, 06:49 PM
Kara looked around her at the bustling streets. There seemed to be people everywhere. All different races, genders, winged and wingless, there seemed no end to them. She passed several shops, stalls and vendors, but she was here for only one thing, she needed a blacksmith that could do some custom work.

As she walked she spotted a likely place, which had the sign of a blacksmith in several languages, she stepped inside and was nearly overpowered by the heat. Her body soon adjusted, and Kara looked around at the various swords, daggers and many other things.

She just hoped that this place could give her what she wanted.

Karuka
07-24-07, 02:43 PM
Several sharp CLANGs from the back were followed by a loud hssssss, and as the blacksmith wiped his forehead of sweat, he saw the petite customer in the front. Laying by his hammer, he stepped out to the front.

"Hey there, little lady. What can I do for you today?"

Seline
07-24-07, 07:01 PM
Kara drew her sword and lay it on the counter, the jewels on the hilt glinting in the light. "I was wondering if you could help me. I was hoping to get a better blade for my sword, but still use the same hilt. Is that possible? I would also like to use a metal that I would be able to, if not now then at a later date, imbue it with a magic that would cause it to flame. I was hoping you could make some suggestions as to the type of metal I could use."

All this came out in a rush as Kara was a little nervous. She had never entered this shop since losing her memory, and she hoped that if the blacksmith knew her, that she hadn't caused any trouble.

"I was also hoping that I could keep the blood red hue? I've gotten used to it, but this sword has too many dents and after being subjected to some extreme heats recently, it's become a little unstable, and had a bend to it." Kara told him, refering to the recent battle she had experienced at the Citadel.

Karuka
07-24-07, 07:10 PM
"H'mm..."

The blacksmith picked up the sword, looking at it carefully.

"A red hue would be a little hard, I think, but maybe if I give it a light copper plating...and as far as metals go, damascus takes magic well, but doesn't resist it. Delyn is better about resisting magical attacks, and enchants easily enough. Keeping the hilt is a simple matter."

Seline
07-24-07, 07:45 PM
Kara nodded. "How much would the Delyn blade cost?" she asked and looked around a little. "Also do you do enchantments here, or can you recommend anywhere that does? I'm sorry to ask so many questions." She blushed a little and not from the heat.

Something crossed her mind, she thought for a second and raised her hand to her throat. "You don't happen to know anywhere that sells jewellery do you? I'm looking for a pendant, a locket really."

Karuka
07-24-07, 08:05 PM
"H'mm...with hilt pre-made, six hundred for the blade itself. and you can find lockets just about anywhere. There's an enchanter just down the road. You'll recognize the shop by the sparkling wand sign hanging from it."

He looked at her curiously.

"Anything else, miss?"

Seline
07-24-07, 08:11 PM
Kara mentally checked how much she had, and thought hard about anything else she might need.

"No, that will be all. When do you think you could have it done by?" She asked with a smile.

Karuka
07-26-07, 03:12 AM
"Two days, tops," the blacksmith said with a nod. "It'll be a good, sturdy blade."

Seline
07-26-07, 05:03 PM
Kara smiled at him and unhooked her sheath from her belt and re sheathed her sword. She would have to rely on her dagger if she got into any trouble.

She turned back to the blacksmith and smiled again. "I'll be back in two days," Kara said and headed for the door. She felt naked without her sword, but she knew she would be getting a better one in return, which dulled the loss a little.

After leaving the heat of the shop, she shivered as her body readjusted.

As she walked along the street, she spotted a small stall that sold jewelery. She stopped ans had a look. As she looked around at the various trinkets, her eyes fell on a delicate looking gold chain, which held an amethyst stone pendant. She reached out her hand and picked it up. She turned to the stall owner, "how much is this?"

Karuka
07-27-07, 03:36 AM
The shop owner was a buxom brunette about Kara's age, and she grinned at her customer.

"That little bit? I'd say fifteen gold. Pretty little thing, ain't it?"

Seline
07-28-07, 01:52 PM
Kara looked at it carefully. "It reminds me of something I used to own, or I think I used to own. I'll take it," she said and smiled at the brunette. "Who knows, maybe it will help me remember who I am."

She counted out the correct amount of coins and handed them over, then put the pendant around her neck.

Karuka
07-28-07, 09:40 PM
The shopkeep smiled back.

"I hope you remember soon, dear. Anything else you wanted?"

Seline
07-29-07, 12:24 AM
"I was really looking for a locket. It's hard to describe. I'd like it to be oval, rose gold preferably, with a K on the front. The one I keep thinking about has vines with thorns wraped around the letter. You probably don't have one though," said Kara, the image of the locket coming sharply to mind. "If you don't have one, I'll just have this pendant."

Karuka
07-29-07, 12:27 AM
"I don't have one, but there's a good jeweler down by the local enchanter's that could probably make one for you."

Seline
07-29-07, 12:50 AM
"It's okay, I'll probably come across it in my travels if I'm meant to find it again. Now I've just got two days to kill til my sword is ready. That should be fun. Maybe I'll see you around." Kara smiled one last time and walked away from the shop.

Seline
07-29-07, 01:11 AM
For the following two days, Kara was extremely bored. There were only so many shops she could look at, and nothing had caught her attention, so on the second day, she re-entered the Blacksmith's shop and headed for the counter, hoping that her sword was ready for collection.

Karuka
07-29-07, 01:18 AM
The blacksmith was just sharpening the edges to a fine hone when Seline came in, and he looked up and grinned, holding out the blade.

It was Delyn with a light copper plating that had been specially treated, and so it glittered red in what little light the shop afforded.

"What do you think, missy?"

Seline
07-29-07, 01:39 AM
Kara took the blade and tested it's weight. She made sure she had a space so she wouldn't hit anything and twisted her wrist, twirling the blade in a couple of circles. She then placed it back onto the counter.

"It's perfect," she declared with a wide smile. "You said six hundred, right?"

Karuka
07-29-07, 04:02 AM
"Yep, six hundred. And take care of it, right? But if you ever have problems with it, bring it back here and I'll fix it up for you."

Seline
07-29-07, 04:32 AM
Kara counted out six hundred, then added an extra fifty. "There's six hundred and fifty, I know you did a good job, and I'll make sure I take good care of it."

She was glad to find that the sheath still fitted and hooked her sword back in it's normal place. She then smiled at the blacksmith. "If I ever need anything else, I'll remember this place."

She then took a quick look around and left the shop, happy with her purchase and feeling the comfortable weight of the pendant around her neck.

Karuka
07-29-07, 08:37 PM
The blacksmith smiled, handing her back the extra fifty.

"Keep it, missy. Never know when you might need it. this old blacksmith makes enough to get by."

He watched her leave the shop, and then went back to the back, where he could resume his work.

Seline
07-31-07, 02:26 AM
Kara walked out into the street, and decided to walk along to see where it took her. She went into many shops, looked around and generally did some window shopping, until she saw a sign above a shop which had a sparkling wand on it.

Remembering what the blacksmith had told her, she went inside. There was already someone being served at the counter, so she took a look around at the various things on display.

Once the shopkeeper was free she wandered over. "Excuse me, but how much would it cost for a flame enchantment for a Delyn blade?"

Karuka
07-31-07, 02:50 AM
"Delyn's not too hard to imbue, so the question comes down to how much firepower you want in your blade."

The wizard was a middle-aged man with a cleanshaven face and a head full of black hair, and he looked over the blade.

"For a spell that causes mild burns a few times a day, it'd be about three hundred. Moderate burns are five hundred, and an enchantment that deals normal fire damage every time it hits for the rest of its life would be at least twelve hundred."

Seline
07-31-07, 03:13 AM
Kara thought deeply for a moment, working out exactly how much money she had left and was pleased at the result.

"I'll have the moderate one. I know I have enough for that. How long until it's done?" She said, smiling warmly.

Karuka
07-31-07, 03:16 AM
"Give me half an hour, and you'll have your enchanted sword," the wizard assured her, even as he picked it up to have a better look at it.

"Brand new, not a scratch on it. This is a good sword."

Seline
07-31-07, 05:13 AM
"I just came from the Blacksmith down the road. I wanted to be fully prepared before I went anywhere. My old one got ruined so I decided to get a better one. I'm hoping this one will last me a long time." Kara told him. "I'll wait while you do it."

Karuka
08-01-07, 03:22 AM
"All right. Talbert's work, eh? Good blacksmith."

The wizard turned back and went into the area of his shop where he worked, calling for his fifteen-year old daughter, Mara, to mind the shop for him.

Half an hour later, he came out with the sword.

"All right, here's how the spell works. Three times a day, for now, you can do extra damage with the flame enchantment. You'll be able to do it more often as the sword and enchantment get used to you working them. All you have to do now is take the blade and decide on what the trigger word for the enchantment to take place will be."

OOC: basically, I'm limiting what you can do with it for now in accordance with your level. You can request more firepower per day on level up.

Seline
08-01-07, 06:22 PM
Understood

Kara knew exactly which word she would use, but before she picked up the sword she had two questions to ask.

"Okay, sorry to be a pain, this is the first time I've ever got anything enchanted. I think. Does the word have to be spoken out loud to activate it? Also, do I have to say it as I pick up the sword, or can I do it later?"

Karuka
08-01-07, 06:39 PM
"You just have to focus on the word and speak it aloud to activate it, it doesn't have to be the first word you say, but within a day."

He reached out and handed the sword to her.

Seline
08-02-07, 09:21 AM
Kara took the sword and replaced it against her left hip. "I understand. I'll do it later." She then counted out the money and handed it over. "I'll make sure I do it within a day."

She smiled sweetly and headed out of the shop, knowing that she had only come to the Bazaar to get a new sword. In the end she had ended up with a new sword with a fire enchantment and a pendant. Not bad, she thought to herself and headed away.

Karuka
08-05-07, 01:21 PM
OOC: Transaction complete.

Seline loses 1,115 GP, 185 remaining at time of transaction. She gains a small amethyst amulet (try saying that five times fast), and a Delyn sword with a flame enchantment, as described above. 100 EXP also, for good IC interactions.